Jones is the next Emperor!

DespicablePeep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He is so in a league of his own, not only he is an exceptional athlete but he has the heart and chin of a champion. I hated him for destroying Shogun but I knew he was the next big fighter

Two things stood out for me in his last fight with Cormier:

- After the first warning he knew he would get points taken if he eye poked Cormier and he stopped reaching.

- He was getting beaten in the clinch so he controlled Cormier wrists and took him down late when Cormier did not expect, a lot of fighters would get baited in exchanging in the clinch.

What we are seeing is the next "Fedor" of MMA, he will make people watch the sport because he is one of a kind. And I laugh at all the "pros" saying he is beatable, on his day there is not one fighter with the IQ, skill, heart and athleticism to beat him.

If he moves to HW he will have competitive fights but I would bet on him to win against JDS, Cain and Werdum simply because his fight IQ is too great, he adapts his game to win thats not something you see, all those guys will come out to a strategy/style and keep at it no matter how bad they are performing in a fight.

People can say Cormier had the wrong strategy and is a better "athlete/fighter" its complete bullshit, thats his style and he is not proficient enough to adapt like Jones.

Jones has all the tools to make an incredible run like Fedor, I can only see him losing if he gets injured or if he fights past his prime.

HAIL THE NEW EMPEROR/KING! :cool:

Rumble 50-45

i mean Gustafson

I thought Cormier was the black Fedor.

I thought Cormier was the black Fedor.

Nah he has some mannerism but he was never as complete or explosive like Fedor, by the 3rd Cormier was out of power in his punches.

Jones is the REAL NEW EMPEROR, not because his style is similar to Fedor, mostly because he is a level above like Fedor and they both had incredible fight IQ.

DespicablePeep
White Belt

^ An OP you can trust!

Too much white belts nutthuggers nowadays.

Jones is the Jones of MMA and Fedor is the Fedor of MMA. Inb4 this turns into a Fedor discredit thread.

I also agree that Jones has the fight IQ to beat Werdum or Cain.

How?

He can change game plans in an instant and mentally handicaps his opponents by challenging and beating opponents at their strongest skill.

And has yet to be wobbled.

How?

He can change game plans in an instant and mentally handicaps his opponents by challenging and beating opponents at their strongest skill.

He has taken some very hard punches like nothing, if he had KO power he would be even more scary.

Emelianegro 2.0 ... at least as soon as he starts beating people at HW

How?

You mean opthalmologically?

Bones is embracing his inner Bill the Butcher.

tumblr_m4bsu4cGPj1qboclpo1_500.gif

Did Fedor string together this many decision victories? I'm hoping that Jon gets a finish in his next fight. Jones will be the next Emperor when he fights in his natural weight class of HW and beats the contenders in that division.

Back