Jones is probably the GOAT...

MikeyLan

Brown Belt
Reaction score
But any more minute he spends at LHW is a mark on his legacy. It's time to move up to his real weight class. The Jones that fights big guys (that could also fight at HW) like Cormier and Gus looks very different from the Jones that puts on clinics against bloated up MWs like Vitor, Machida etc. Time to go fight JDS, Cain etc.

Would like to see one more fight against Alex G. If he wins, GOAT LHW and I hate that fucker.

Gus is not a mark on his legacy, either would be Rumble. JDS/Cain/Werdum are the only people worth fighting at HW and they are all old and injury prone. Jones is young and should stick at LHW for at least another 3-4 fights.

He made weight wearing pants. He's a LHW. Get over it.

Would like to see one more fight against Alex G. If he wins, GOAT LHW and I hate that fucker.

GOAT LHW?Don't be condescending.

He's already the GOAT,all divisions.No other fighter AS or GSP has beat someone
with Cormier's resume coming down from HW.

LHW and HW are seperated by 55 POUNDS.

Jones is the GOAT whether you like it or not. I believe this and I'm not even a fan of his.

He made weight wearing pants. He's a LHW. Get over it.

Yup. Fuck it people- he IS a LHW. When I saw that I was like sheeeeeiiittt. Show off.

And to the point- he is the mother fucking GOAT. His resume is impeccable.

Yeah, let's give him credit for beating "former HW" Cormier as if it were HW Cormier. The guy did nothing at LHW except beat a nobody and a formerly great fighter off his TRT who was 2-3 on TRT since coming back to the UFC.

There was no proof Cormier wouldn't gas from the weight cut.

Yeah, let's give him credit for beating "former HW" Cormier as if it were HW Cormier. The guy did nothing at LHW except beat a nobody and a formerly great fighter off his TRT who was 2-3 on TRT since coming back to the UFC.

There was no proof Cormier wouldn't gas from the weight cut.

I don't think anyone is calling him GOAT just for beating DC.

What's with the username dude? Scott Stapp? Ouch.

If Jones goes undefeated through 2015, I'd see no reason why he couldn't be at least the GOAT at LHW

GOAT LHW?Don't be condescending.

He's already the GOAT,all divisions.No other fighter AS or GSP has beat someone
with Cormier's resume coming down from HW.

LHW and HW are seperated by 55 POUNDS.

GSP beat Shields decisively and Sheilds had a great record coming down from MW

Anderson WENT UP to LHW and put the beating of a lifetime to Forrest Griffin right after Forrest lost the LHW title

Don't be ignorant

Needs to settle the score with Gus. After that, whatever.

no way.

maybe goat of lhw but being bigger than every one is not that great of a feat.

half the blows fighters cant land are due to him being taller. not some great skill he possesses

GSP beat Shields decisively and Sheilds had a great record coming down from MW

Anderson WENT UP to LHW and put the beating of a lifetime to Forrest Griffin right after Forrest lost the LHW title

Don't be ignorant

Shields and Forrest don't compare to DC.

Or are you trying to say they do?

DC has dominated everyone without losing a round and HW is not MW.

HW separates from LHW by 55 lbs.Don't be silly.

Shields and Forrest don't compare to DC.

Or are you trying to say they do?

DC has dominated everyone without losing a round and HW is not MW.

HW separates from LHW by 55 lbs.Don't be silly.

Obviously GSP and Anderson wouldn't fight a fighter coming down from HW seeing as they are WW and MW respectively.

Why do you say Shields and Forrest don't compare to DC, is that just your opinion?
Shields was Strikeforce MW champion with wins over Condit, Okami, Lawler, Kampman, Paul Daley, and Dan Henderson and was on a 15-fight win streak going into the GSP fight.

Forrest Griffin was a UFC champion which is something DC has never been, and Anderson went up LHW to fight him and put arguably the GOAT beatdown on him.

He needs to move up to Heavyweight and fight some opponents his own size to be considered the GOAT imo. Almost everyone he's fought have been significantly smaller than him. The only one who wasn't was Gus and he was beaten up and took a ton of damage. Jones will never be the GOAT in my eyes until that happens.

Obviously GSP and Anderson wouldn't fight a fighter coming down from HW seeing as they are WW and MW respectively.

Why do you say Shields and Forrest don't compare to DC, is that just your opinion?
Shields was Strikeforce MW champion with wins over Condit, Okami, Lawler, Kampman, Paul Daley, and Dan Henderson and was on a 15-fight win streak going into the GSP fight.

Forrest Griffin was a UFC champion which is something DC has never been, and Anderson went up LHW to fight him and put arguably the GOAT beatdown on him.

No.i'm saying the difference between MW and WW is just a pathetic 15 lbs.
Diff between LHW and HW is 55 lbs.

Why did Fabio Maldonaldo whose never been KO'd get KO'd in his first fight at HW within a min?

HW is a different beast.

Jones is way above GSP and Anderson.

Why did Fabio Maldonaldo whose never been KO'd get KO'd in his first fight at HW within a min?

HW is a different beast.

You realize that JJ is somewhere around 225-230 pounds on fight night and DC weighed in at 248 pounds in his last HW fight against Mir. Where is the 55 pound difference you claim? Even if we make the absurd assumption that JJ didn't have to cut weight to make LHW and fought at 205 pounds on fight night that's still only 43 pounds difference.

HW is a different beast.

It would be 55 pounds at the high end limit of heavyweight. Fact is that most heavyweights are less than the 265 limit.

Back