Jones is out of prime and declining, while Santos is peaking at the perfect time.

know who else is peaking, TS
?

these moles↓
whack%20a%20mole.gif

↑↑
...hng'kay?
giphy.gif

Jon will bop Thiago's skull cap with a Russian hammer
fu7cpUW.gif

Jones just dominated every milli-second of the fight against Smith, and stopped Gus in the fight before that.

How’s he declining?
Yes 2 bums, that division is the weakest division in the the UFC, and that lies the problem for him to be the GOAT

This is the reaction I expected. Just because Smith and Gus fought like shit, doesn't mean Jones was at his best. He just didn't look the same fighter anymore than he was in the DC rematch, but feel free to disagree.

I love how on Sherdog when opponents "fought like shit" it is never because of the amazing fighter they were fighting who had answers to everything in their skill set and confused them with well executed techniques, outstanding physical attributes and a great game plan.

Quite a coincidence that Smith "fought like shit" against Jones, yet he is 14-2 in his last 16 non-Jon Jones fights.

Eh, there are countless of examples like Robbie, obviously. Doesn't change the statistical fact that fighters on average tend to end their prime weirdly close to that 10 year line. And that their last fight before that is often their career best performance.

If you are claiming statistical facts, be prepared to provide a source for the data. Not for me, I don't need them. You've already agreed there are countless examples like Robbie. In other words, you don't even believe the shit you are talking about.

Jones is now past the mythical 10 years as a pro line

This just doesn't apply the same at 205/265. We're in large part shuffling around old farts in those divisions.

You can't compete at that level in stacked, athletic divisions like 155/170 with the age and mileage we see at 205/265. There is literally twice the roster depth by number of guys signed.

Forgetting all that, and aside from also being a cheater, Jones is head and shoulders more skilled then Santos and everyone else in his class. Punchers chance is a punchers chance.

The suspensions and layoffs have kept him from the normal wear and tear of a 10 year career.

It's hard to gauge any decline from his performances as he seems esp. gameplan oriented now and only has been pushed by DC in recent years.

Man, if someone of Thiago Santos' caliber can beat Jon Jones this place will explode lol. All the greats will have fallen.
You're not wrong that fighters typically fall off after 10 years of elite competition, I just have a hard time believing Santos is the guy to do it though.
Doubt Jones will fall off after only 10 years. He's the youngest ever champ and never lost so his body has never really suffered any damage. He also cuts less weight than everyone else.

This is the reaction I expected. Just because Smith and Gus fought like shit, doesn't mean Jones was at his best. He just didn't look the same fighter anymore than he was in the DC rematch, but feel free to disagree.

EVERY fighter that fights Jones looks like shit. He is better then anyone ever at taking people out of their games. He looked like he was not even trying and still dominated his last two fights. He just is not as aggressive as his younger days

This is actually an argument for why Jones should fall off earlier than other fighters.
Not if you follow on to the rest of my sentence and realise he takes no damage and doesn't drain his body cutting weight. Let's just hope he's not training like Cain and he should be good for years to come.

Yes 2 bums, that division is the weakest division in the the UFC, and that lies the problem for him to be the GOAT
HW is the weakest and its not even close. If Jones didn't exist no one would say LHW is the weakest division.

Jones just dominated every milli-second of the fight against Smith, and stopped Gus in the fight before that.

How’s he declining?
He's fighting smarter than ever, that is what prime is. You are talking about physical prime, when what matters is his fighting Prime, as in his style and IQ are better then ever. To the point he barely got touched in 8 rounds in his last two fights.

Jones has an unofficial license to pulse as long as he wants. Dude isn't declining yet..that's ridiculous. If anything he's still getting stronger.

Santos has a very good chance of not walking out at all. Jones will kill someone eventually. Those shots he put on Gus were murderous.

I am giving Santos a little bit of a chance here.

Hopefully he doesn't fight hesitant and passive like Smith did and he just goes for the kill.

He is still operating at 95% efficiency, here are his stats at the moment

Power - 96
Speed - 94
Intelligence - 98
Stamina - 92
Magic - 90
LOL at 98 on intelligence. We are all dumber for reading this...steroid cheating Jones at 98 brains lol...

Yeah you really need to go and watch some actual film on the man. Because Jones is a much better fighter now. It’s not even close. Look at his early flights even when he was champion. His striking was a mess. He had no technique, And his defense was suspect. Everything was based on his talent. He hardly ever gets hit anymore. He is so much tighter and more technical. And his grappling is also better. In his supposed prime he could not take Alexander down. In the second fight he took him down and destroyed him..

Santos has a very good chance of not walking out at all. Jones will kill someone eventually. Those shots he put on Gus were murderous.
Nobody, but nobody is unbeatable.

Jones is flesh and blood, like everyone else on the planet.

He can lose, it happens to more or less everyone at some point.

You can be past it and still be better than your competition.......how is that such a hard grasp for people?

He had decisions with Rashad, Glover, Gus 1 was a war. All in his youth.. His last 2 fights he won easily. No evidence he is past his prime whatsoever..

Back