Jones is out of prime and declining, while Santos is peaking at the perfect time.

Whatever

Jones is at his Turinabol peak. If he loses to that MW it’s all for shit

Dont be suprised if Santos gives Jones serious problems.
I am expecting Santos to launch a full on assault in Rd1 or Rd2, and if he catches Jones then Jones is toast.
Time for someone to shake up the MMA world.

Jones just dominated every milli-second of the fight against Smith, and stopped Gus in the fight before that.

How’s he declining?

I swear some of these guys are stupid as hell. Santos is also in coming into his prime with 9 years experience and Jones is declining with 10 years experience? that is so stupid..

One of these threads before every Jones fight. Santos has been finished 5 times in the first round by smaller fringe MW contender fighters like Branch, Eric Spicely and Mutante.

Not surprised to see it coming from the guy lecturing me on how Liz Carmouche is just entering her prime.

Last edited:
This is the reaction I expected. Just because Smith and Gus fought like shit, doesn't mean Jones was at his best. He just didn't look the same fighter anymore than he was in the DC rematch, but feel free to disagree.
I agree he looked weaker and less juicy

Well there's this sweet spot where slight degradation in physicality is balanced out or offset by skill and experience, that ideally is what prime is. Eventually, the senses and body falls below the point where the mind and skill can't serve as mitigating factors, but Jon hasn reached that point yet.

He's cycling PEDs so he's not out of his prime, only natty fighters fall off like that in their 30s. But I agree he is beatable, Santos isnt the one to do it though, hes too small and won't rach Jon's chin. The man to beat him is Johnny WalkGOAT: same height and reach as Jones but way more explosive and finished guys in under a minute. Jones starts slow in round 1 to read the opponent, Walker won't give him that chance.
I agree and especially how he finished Superman/Khalil with one short elbow

Oh, this thread is about the 10 year myth.

Robbie Lawler says it's a bunch of bullshit!

Robbies last fight before hitting 10 year line:

SerpentineLawfulAnteater-size_restricted.gif

First fight past the line:

163845_498330048228_61345743228_6246898_937729_n.jpg

Right after 10 year line Robbie went 1-3 in his next 4, came to UFC and for some reason God only knows got a second prime. Its like something made him find his youth again..

Well there's this sweet spot where slight degradation in physicality is balanced out or offset by skill and experience, that ideally is what prime is. Eventually, the senses and body falls below the point where the mind and skill can't serve as mitigating factors, but Jon hasn reached that point yet.

You are 100% right, except that Jones has reached that point now.

Right after 10 year line Robbie went 1-3 in his next 4, came to UFC and for some reason God only knows got a second prime. Its like something made him find his youth again..

Knock it off with this second prime crap. Robbie's prime STARTED after he was a 10 year vet.

Robbie went mythbuster on your thread. Myth debunked.

I somewhat agree, Jones is clearly slowing down, he’s still winning but is past his best.
Still think he has too much for Santos.
Slowing down? He is allowed to pulse with a pass now! Only athlete is the history of sport given a free pass to use steroids forever. He eeked by both Gus and DC before then finished them both in minutes on the pico pass. Did dude is unstoppable now and Santos is a mw flunkfest. Most pointless title fight in ages.

I'm not a Jones fan, but let's not forget that David Branch knocked Santos out not that long ago. Jones will eat him alive.
That was also at 185 though santos hasn’t lost at 205 and he has serious power and a very unorthodox style

Yes, Jon is declining. He only dominated Anthony Smith (making him look like a complete amateur), TKO'd Gus (has been top 5 for years), and KOd DC (Current HW Champion).

Yeah, JJ has been doing awful.

Yes, but UFC let´s Jones abuse Steroids, so he can extend his prime.

dZNhY9D.gif

Yes, Jon is declining. He only dominated Anthony Smith (making him look like a complete amateur),

implying Smith isn´t an amateur. lol

TKO'd Gus (has been top 5 for years),

Top 5 for years... without fighting. Imagine how bad ufc lhw division is.

and KOd DC (Current HW Champion).

On steroids, also. lhw Dehydrated DC is a shell of himself.

Hmm. I think Jones won't lose to Thiago but then again anything can happen but i see this going similar to Jones vs TRT vitor. Jones by sub in the later rounds.

Robbie went mythbuster on your thread. Myth debunked.

Eh, there are countless of examples like Robbie, obviously. Doesn't change the statistical fact that fighters on average tend to end their prime weirdly close to that 10 year line. And that their last fight before that is often their career best performance.

Back