Jones is out of prime and declining, while Santos is peaking at the perfect time.

I'm not a Jones fan, but let's not forget that David Branch knocked Santos out not that long ago. Jones will eat him alive.

You can also look it this way: Santos is 8-1 in his last 9 and KOd Jan B in his last fight, who has never been KOd before. Its very reasonable to assume he is at the peak of his career right now.

He's cycling PEDs so he's not out of his prime, only natty fighters fall off like that in their 30s. But I agree he is beatable, Santos isnt the one to do it though, hes too small and won't rach Jon's chin. The man to beat him is Johnny WalkGOAT: same height and reach as Jones but way more explosive and finished guys in under a minute. Jones starts slow in round 1 to read the opponent, Walker won't give him that chance.

You can also look it this way: Santos is 8-1 in his last 9 and KOd Jan B in his last fight, who has never been KOd before. Its very reasonable to assume he is at the peak of his career right now.
I honestly hope so. I can't stand Jon.

Why do you think Jones is in some sort of a decline? He has like 6 fights in the past 5 years and barely takes damage. He's 31 years old. Henry Cejudo is older than Jon Jones and he's the triple champ.
Henry has only been fighting decent competition for like 4 years. Age is irrelevant. How long you've been getting punched in the face by people that don't suck, both in practice and in competition, is the metric that matters.

I can’t tell if OP is trolling or just have a horrible opinion

Henry has only been fighting decent competition for like 4 years. Age is irrelevant. How long you've been getting punched in the face by people that don't suck, both in practice and in competition, is the metric that matters.
I was only using Cejudo as one example. I understand MMA miles matter and that's why I included in my original post Jon barely takes any damage. Who is this phantom who's been punching Jon in the face to knock him out of his prime? 6 fights in 5 years and his extended breaks have probably been a major benefit to him. He's not slowing down yet.

The man to beat him is Johnny WalkGOAT: same height and reach as Jones but way more explosive and finished guys in under a minute. Jones starts slow in round 1 to read the opponent, Walker won't give him that chance.
dTYFLkE.gif

What evidence do you have that Jones is declining or is out of his prime?

He's cycling PEDs so he's not out of his prime, only natty fighters fall off like that in their 30s.

The 10 year myth Im talking about is not about age, its years as a pro. DC is 40, but he can just squeeze the Stipe rematch on August before he goes past that 10 year line. Poor Stipe, lol.

Ps.That also means if it was Jones vs DC 3 next instead of Santos, DC would probably beat Jones.

giphy.gif

Not a Jones fan here. But do you have any evidence he's past his prime and declining?

The 10 year myth Im talking about is not about age, its years as a pro. DC is 40, but he can just squeeze the Stipe rematch on August before he goes past that 10 year line. Poor Stipe, lol.

Ps.That also means if it was Jones vs DC 3 next instead of Santos, DC would probably beat Jones.

giphy.gif
I need some video links of whoever these fighters are that are giving Jon trouble and contributing to his decline. Fight years matter but not when you beat the shit out of every opponent you face without taking very much damage at all. Does Jon's elbows hurt from fucking too many people up or something?

From the last two performances I see no decline. Super composed, fluid, always in control/2-3 steps ahead, and taking little to no damage.

He's in him prime age by the way. Stil young, alot more to accomplish,

Maybe he's not roiding anymore, ofc that would slow him down a lot.

But he stil wins

The idea that a specific age range correlates with a fighter's prime is a myth.

Some fighters peak in their 20s, others in their 30s. Longevity of career is a far better indicator than age.

Santos is 4.5 years older and has more pro fights. He is even further beyond his prime than Jones.

Thiago Santos de Lima is a Brazilian mixed martial artist currently competing in the light heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. A professional competitor since 2010, he gained entrance into the UFC by competing on The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2. Wikipedia

Born: January 7, 1984 (age 35 years), Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Height: 6′ 2″
Weight: 205 lbs
Nickname: Marreta
Reach: 76 in (193 cm)
Martial art: Mixed martial arts

THREAD//

Not a Jones fan here. But do you have any evidence he's past his prime and declining?

Yes, the 10 year as a pro myth, what this thread is about.

And that his first two fights since that 10 year line, he hasn't looked as good anymore as he looked in the DC rematch. Maybe he really stopped roiding, or maybe he is just another victim of that myth, who knows. But he is not at his best anymore. I have never understood this concept that fighter can't be out of his prime until he starts losing. Ofc he can.

Back