Jones is out of GOAT discussion

He's an amazing fighter and a terrible champ.

Ok TS, maybe JJ is out of GOAT discussion in your stinky little double wide trailer, but outside in the rest of the world he is still in it.

Fedor fought a lot of unranked, terrible opponents and freakshow fights in a very sketchy organization that allowed steroid use. You are an idiot.

But he already IS the GOAT..

And don't worry, he will back in a blink, beating those u mentioned in upcoming years.

Why do you bother with those ?
Those guys are in a different weight class.

Are you also going to say aldo/Anderson can't be goat cause they can't beat those guys?

No. TS said Jones can beat any guy at any weight ever. I'm saying he can't. Anderson can't. Aldo can't. That doesn't stop them being GOAT. Just responding to TS. Jones can still/will still be Goat regardless.

Jones can probably beat everyone at any weight, in any time period under current UFC rules, but he is not the GOAT. Don't get me wrong, he is a decent fighter, but you can't have a crackhead as the best mixed martial artist of all time. To be the GOAT, you MUST be a positive role model. See Jordan and Gretzky.

Is Barry Bonds the greatest Slugger of all time? Is Lance the greatest long distance cyclist of all time? The case can be made, but their legacies are forever tarnished, Jones just ruined his legacy.

The true goat, was, is, always will be fedor.

Jones likes to have fun. The others are cheats. So he remains goat. But you already knew this, right?

Trolls just aren't what they used to be...

sport-nfl-hall.jpg

To be the GOAT, you MUST be a positive role model.

Don't have kids. This madness stops here!

I suspect he has nothing to do with Cocaine. All this cocaine thing is just a stunt to disperse attention from the real deal, which is Jones was caught closing a PED cycle, and his post-fight test will show up clean, with normal testosterone ratio.

Jones is a cheat.

Wild theory presented as fact. You are not a trustworthy human being.

GOATs aren't always good people.

Semmy Schilt mentioned in an interview that in Holland, kickboxing is seen as a thing that only criminals do. That's not a positive perception of kickboxing at all, much less its GOAT, in the nation widely regarded as the preeminent kickboxing (note: not muay thai) superpower. SRR was known to beat his wife and was supposedly an enormous dick. Those who knew Ali mentioned that he was overall unpleasant, and many argued that him playing up black/white tensions was hypocritical because he grew up in a relatively well off family, and did everything in his power to cause trouble for men like Joe Frazier, who grew up poor as dirt in the racist south.

in the end, GOATs don't have to be good people or good role models. Granted, I don't feel that Jones is the GOAT anyhow (though it's becoming increasingly hard to deny him), but a man decides his GOAT status in the ring, not anywhere else.

Also didn't Michael Jordan get his dad killed over unpaid gambling debts?

Jones was never the role model to begin with. No, he was this young guy who was just so damn cokeh. Most of that has to do with him beign a surreal fighter.

This wont affect the goat discussions.

Em no. Jones wouldn't beat Cain, JDS, Werdum, Fedor. Maybe even not prime Cro Cop.

But this drug thing doesn't remove him from Goat discussion. He is one of 4 candidates for Goat. When he retires he will be clear cut Goat.

image.php

You sponsor Conor?

You know what the real beauty of the whole GOAT debate is? You can pick whoever you want as your own personal GOAT and never have to be proven wrong.

Nope. If Jones goes on to Beat Gus/Rumble then moves to HW and beats Cain he is hands down the GOAT.

Doing some recreational blow changes nothing about his ability as an athlete. If blow helped that much I know plenty of people who would be jamming on Dwight Howard, lol.

This is just sad... I actually feel sorry for TS because I know nothing will change his mind or reasoning. He obviously cares so deeply about a fighters personality and outside the cage behaviour that it takes precedence over their abilities and accomplishments. Stupidity in my eyes yet the worlds keeps on turning so fuck it.

Great point TS. Coke controversy, cycle controversy, drunk driving, rehab, the fake personality... GOAT's simply don't live this way. This guy's very human flaws have made their way into his competition, now. GOAT talk is done.

Long live the Last Emperor.

Sherdog whitebeld Verb356 says Jones (who is clearly the GOAT) is not in the GOAT discussion. Must be true.

Back