Jones is not a hypocrite.

Someone please shoop Jones saying he's not a hypocrite (or an addict) onto this:

nixon.jpg

Half a novel of crazy talk

"You never have to worry about me with a DWI or doing something crazy."

"I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I’ve always been down for the good side, I guess."

Yes, yes he is.

no he is a hypocrite because he does one thing while saying another as the many examples in this thread show.

If he was an atheist he would still be a hypocrite.

If he was an atheist, he wouldn't have to give a rat's behind about being a hypocrite...no such thing to an atheist. If there is, was there a King Atheist who proclaimed such a deed?

I wish I was an atheist at times...then I remember how awesome God's been in my life.

If he was an atheist, he wouldn't have to give a rat's behind about being a hypocrite...no such thing to an atheist. If there is, was there a King Atheist who proclaimed such a deed?

I wish I was an atheist at times...then I remember how awesome God's been in my life.

your posts are jibberish and stupid.

read the quotes stated by Jones just upthread. Whether Jones was an atheist or Christian, stating what he did and then doing the actions he did would make him a hypocrite.

You seem to think you need some form of church or religion sitting in judgment of you to be wrong or hypocritical and on that you are wrong.

Something is or is not hypocritical. You do not have to be a member of a church or religion for that to be true.

JJS Fans are just as delusional as he is when on drugs.
Still ok to do concaine rofl.

No, he is a hypocrite.

As a matter of fact, every time I attend Service, I'm surrounded by hypocrites, liars, cheaters, adulterers, liars, gang members, druggies, etc.

Guess what I saw in the mirror this morning? A hypocrite.

You clearly have "amassed" your "knowledge" of Christianity via snippets on Google, Wikipedia, etc.

Personally, I find it pretty crappy that a dude with Philippians 4:13 tatted across his chest has carried himself the way he has...the dude can be a heck of an ambassador for The Faith, but since he's merely a man, he's succumbed to the bull crap of this world/society. Clearly, he is a weak Christian.

This may very well be a wake up call for him, just as I and many others I know have had wake up calls.

If you truly wish to discuss this matter with one who considers himself a serious student of Christ's teachings, feel free to give me a holler or find some legit websites that will give you good information.

Otherwise, you're simply throwing out this blanket statement that unfortunately many on here will run with.

God Bless you, Brother!

I second this.

According to Christ the two most important commands are firstly to love God and secondly to love your fellow man. If I can't keep those rules properly for a single whole day then I have no right to judge others for all their various sins.

Unfortunately I do judge people for their sins, which makes me a rampant hypocrite. But Jesus said it was sick people who need a doctor, his purpose was to provide a solution to man's inescapable moral problem.

Jones is a hypocrite, but the good news is Jesus died for Jones' sins. Same as me.

You're the one who brought up Rampage, as if comparing the two! LOL!

and you are the one that completely misunderstood the point of his post. It seems comprehension is not your strong point.

It is possible that Rampage could be the biggest sinner and hypocrite on the planet and if he was busted cheating on a girlfriend and Jones called him on it saying "I don't do that type of thing" only for Jones to get busted doing that later...the fact that Rampage is not pure has nothing to do with Jones hypocrisy.

Comprehension...do you get it?

For the most part I agree.

I'd imagine there's not a Christian alive who even knows every tenet of Christianity, let alone follows every one perfectly in their lives. Hell, the scripture itself is full of glaring contradictions; being a perfect Christian is impossible.

Jones is only a hypocrite if he's publicly shaming people for things he's specifically done. There's really nothing hypocritical about being Christian and not living a perfectly moral life.

There's such a weird perspective difference with this type of thing. Decent Christians are fully aware that they will screw up from time to time and just do their best to minimize the screw-ups. People in this bucket will advise people to do the right thing, but generally avoid the holier-than-thou judging that gets the religion a lot of flak.

Hypocritical Christians will act like they're better than other people while pretending their own screw ups don't happen. These guys tend to be judgmental as !@#$ and give the religion a bad name.

Non-Christians tend to believe that any Christian that screws up even one time invalidates the entire religion and is automatically a member of the 2nd cohort. This is especially true of Atheists (The anti-theist subset anyway).

I don't feel that Jones is particularly hypocritical in that he goes out and blasts on people for doing things he is guilty of doing himself.

Things you won't find banned in the Bible: Alcohol, cocaine.

You're the one who brought up Rampage, as if comparing the two! LOL!

No I said Jon said he would never do that and then did. Rampages part in this is that he did something stupid and then Jones said I will NEVER do that and then two days later he did the same thing. Not much of a thinker are you?

No I said Jon said he would never do that and then did. Rampages part in this is that he did something stupid and then Jones said I will NEVER do that and then two days later he did the same thing. Not much of a thinker are you?

but...but...Rampage is not pure so that somehow means Jones was not being hypocritical.

/JesusFreakresponse

:redface:

There's such a weird perspective difference with this type of thing. Decent Christians are fully aware that they will screw up from time to time and just do their best to minimize the screw-ups. People in this bucket will advise people to do the right thing, but generally avoid the holier-than-thou judging that gets the religion a lot of flak.

Hypocritical Christians will act like they're better than other people while pretending their own screw ups don't happen. These guys tend to be judgmental as !@#$ and give the religion a bad name.

Non-Christians tend to believe that any Christian that screws up even one time invalidates the entire religion and is automatically a member of the 2nd cohort. This is especially true of Atheists (The anti-theist subset anyway).

I don't feel that Jones is particularly hypocritical in that he goes out and blasts on people for doing things he is guilty of doing himself.

Things you won't find banned in the Bible: Alcohol, cocaine.

Does the Bible ban weed? I don't agree with your generalization of Atheists, the only thing they really all agree on for certain is that there isn't a god, other than that they can wildly differ and might not be similar at all personality wise.

Does the Bible ban weed? I don't agree with your generalization of Atheists, the only thing they really all agree on for certain is that there isn't a god, other than that they can wildly differ and might not be similar at all personality wise.

It does not ban weed.

Also, I don't mean to say that most atheists are in the one-foul-you're-a-fraud bucket. I mean to say that of the people that do fall in that bucket - they tend to be atheists.

Its really easy to bag on people who change their opinions over the course of a decade and act like they're flip-flopping on issues or hypocrites.

If you opinions don't evolve a bit over the decades you're not learning from life.

It does not ban weed.

Also, I don't mean to say that most atheists are in the one-foul-you're-a-fraud bucket. I mean to say that of the people that do fall in that bucket - they tend to be atheists.

Its really easy to bag on people who change their opinions over the course of a decade and act like they're flip-flopping on issues or hypocrites.

If you opinions don't evolve a bit over the decades you're not learning from life.

I think it may seem like we are the ones in that bucket. it only seems that way because most of the time when Religious people do wrong they say think like don't judge then they in fact judge others for the same. Or things like only god can judge, Or my all time favorite I asked Jesus for forgiveness and he forgave me for doing you wrong.

your posts are jibberish and stupid.

read the quotes stated by Jones just upthread. Whether Jones was an atheist or Christian, stating what he did and then doing the actions he did would make him a hypocrite.

You seem to think you need some form of church or religion sitting in judgment of you to be wrong or hypocritical and on that you are wrong.

Something is or is not hypocritical. You do not have to be a member of a church or religion for that to be true.

Religion out of the equation...how do YOU determine someone's a hypocrite?

I am a christian... I make plenty of mistakes, still sin, some things I look back and realize I'm doing wrong/ sometimes I know them as I'm doing them, others I may not be aware of.
However, if I tell you your a terrible person for having sex before marriage, and I know I have before I was married.. I am a hypocrite. If I tell you the bible says sex before marriage isn't the right thing to do, I've done it and wished I hadn't.. I'm giving you advice and my personal experience.
As the saying goes "Do what I say, don't do what I do" is the classic example of what a hypocrite is. I won't say I've never been a hypocrite in my life (even since getting close to Christ, reading my bible and going to church), but I will say I've never done it on purpose to my knowledge.

The bible says not to judge, but it also says you will know believers by their "Fruit" (what there life is showing). Jones isn't going to hell because he is being a hypocrite.. However, it is clear he has many people watching him, looking up to him, and some his actions aren't the best representation of God obviously. I believe he is still a christian, but his influence has definitely been diminished.
Look at somebody like Tebow. The media looked and still looks for anything he does wrong, my gosh if it was proven he did cocaine the whole world would be talking (and the man isn't even an NFL QB anymore). Tebow is no perfect man, he aint Jesus, but deep down even a lot of atheists admit he's a good young man, and people notice how strong his faith really is.
If you say your a christian, you definitely have people watching you to see how you really act. Heck, in this world even if your a happy, joyous person, theres many haters that can't wait to see you miserable, to fall, and fail.

Back