Jones is not a hypocrite.

"Glaring contradictions" occur when folks don't bother to reach out and get clarification from those who've studied Scripture for ages. Research those "glaring contradictions" for more than 5 minutes and I promise you'll be able to see clearly...it's happened to more times than I can count!

Also, it's silly for people to think there is a "perfect Christian" roaming this Earth...there isn't...if there was, we'd be worshiping him/her and not Yeshua.
The scriptures are at best vague and at worst contradictory in their instruction. Even people who have studied them for ages can't agree on single interpretations; the people who eventually "see clearly" are generally just following the interpretation they like best.

Either way it's beyond the point; either every Christian on the planet is a hypocrite or none of them are, because no one even knows HOW to abide Christianity perfectly.

When Form Athletics went down pretty much every company in the business was looking for an opportunity to work with me, and I was really honored just to be wanted like that. I thought it was really awesome, it was a real honor. We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI or doing something crazy.

I think I’m a good company guy. The UFC asks me to do anything and I always do it, and I never tell them no for anything…They put in the deal that if any mainstream companies come after this win that they will let me go, and I think that’s awesome.”

Jon Jones Will Be Officially Sponsored by the UFC for His Fight Against Rashad Evans

JON JONES EXPLAINS UFC SPONSORSHIP AHEAD OF SHOWDOWN WITH RASHAD EVANS

0531-jon-bones-jones-mugshot-2_large.jpg

tumblr_maqekutkd91rn52uc.jpg

This was about a month before his dui, and a few months before he turned down the Sonnen fight. does this make him a hypocrite?

If you're a human, you're a hypocrite

Do you think that's deep or something? Deliberately misunderstanding what is being said when someone is charged with hypocrisy isn't smart, it's retarded.

What a load of shit...

Jones has openly talked about telling on pot smokers, now he does coke and apparently more drugs, comes out and says that he started coke (etc, which he left open ended) in college and has used on multiple occasions and isn't even trying to say he won't do so in the future and he is not a hypocrite?! Get the fuck out of here.

I don't give a golden fuck about Christianity or jones' beliefs but if he told on people for doing drugs and then he turned out to be a drug user he is absolutely a hypocrite, not to mention all his role model bullshit and the fact that he literally said "you don't have to worry about me getting a DUI" then went out and got a DUI, totalling a fucking brand new Bently...

sorry that is checkmate, case closed, HYPOCRITE.

So Jones isn't a hypocrite because there are many hypocrites?

I believe people got dubs for making fun of "pre-fame gfs/wives" in some thread mentioning Jones, JDS and Shad etc. Tread carefully.

I'm not making fun of her, she just isn't very attractive. Let's not lie to ourselves and say otherwise.

I can't believe a thread like this even exists. TS must be related to Jones

The scriptures are at best vague and at worst contradictory in their instruction. Even people who have studied them for ages can't agree on single interpretations; the people who eventually "see clearly" are generally just following the interpretation they like best.

Either way it's beyond the point; either every Christian on the planet is a hypocrite or none of them are, because no one even knows HOW to abide Christianity perfectly.

Jon being a hypocrite or not, is not tied to whether other Christians are fallible as well or whether anyone understands what his religion asks of him.

his hypocrisy comes from his actions and words regardless of his religious inclination. he preaches one thing while living his life doing another. His DUI, drug use and party life with other women are all contrary to the things he espouses publicly.

"Glaring contradictions" occur when folks don't bother to reach out and get clarification from those who've studied Scripture for ages. Research those "glaring contradictions" for more than 5 minutes and I promise you'll be able to see clearly...it's happened to more times than I can count!

Also, it's silly for people to think there is a "perfect Christian" roaming this Earth...there isn't...if there was, we'd be worshiping him/her and not Yeshua.

Apologetics always funny :) There are plenty of biblical scholars who ackwowledge the many contridictions in the bible. Have you actually read the bible? You literally only need to read genesis 1 and 2 to start seeing contradictions

Well said TS, I was raised in the church and can still find my way around the bible. You won't find me in church but at times you can find me in prayer. I see myself as more spiritual than religious, I've done drugs (no longer) I've done time, and at times deliberately done bad things, yet I still hold God in my heart.

Jon can still hold christian beliefs and still struggle with temptation the bible recognizes we sin and fall short. Jon was forced to play up the choirboy mma fighter by the UFC image division. I solidly believe Jon carried his christian beliefs coming into UFC but Dana and company tried to pump that clean boy champion fighter image, it just didn't work. The Jon that struggled with the trappings of success kept peeking through.

If Jones finds these other women using Christian Mingle™ is it really against God's law?

I mean, it states right on the website "Find God's match for you"

It's clearly God's will.

still make him a hyprocrite hed have to marry them first. that whole premarital sex law thing

That is the typical answer from folks too lazy to truly study Scripture, and/or who fail to realize that what they were forced to read as a kid may actually make sense now that they're grown up, have a job, relationships, children, etc.

As far as interpretations, again, I've yet to come across something that isn't crystal clear as to what's expected and/or what is promised. I can sit here and tell you that my interpretation of Scripture is that it allows picking up prostitutes, smoking crack, etc., but how clowded is mind, and how bitter is my heart to actually believe that coincides with a God who doesn't want you to contract herpes, break up with your family, or end up in a gutter dead of an overdose?

We know how to abide, we simply won't...why? Spiritual warfare is a daily thing my friend!

ts your post is a massive philosophy fail. do not write anything else ever.

Jon being a hypocrite or not, is not tied to whether other Christians are fallible as well or whether anyone understands what his religion asks of him.

his hypocrisy comes from his actions and words regardless of his religious inclination. he preaches one thing while living his life doing another. His DUI, drug use and party life with other women are all contrary to the things he espouses publicly.
I admit I don't have everything Jon's said publicly memorized, but in what instance has he publicly denounced others for doing things he's done?

Even if you don't live a moral lifestyle yourself you can still see the value in it and encourage others to, or even strive to do so yourself despite failing.

What this stuff about Jones sleeping around on his wife?

To save myself from the shock of it when the eventual news breaks, I just assume that this is something that all millionaire professional athletes do. All the traveling, luxury, etc. that goes on is such a huge temptation. I don't even like Jon. But I'm not gonna judge him for his vices. He's a flawed human being like the rest of us. That being said, I think he's still a very disingenuous individual, in general.

That is the typical answer from folks too lazy to truly study Scripture, and/or who fail to realize that what they were forced to read as a kid may actually make sense now that they're grown up, have a job, relationships, children, etc.

As far as interpretations, again, I've yet to come across something that isn't crystal clear as to what's expected and/or what is promised. I can sit here and tell you that my interpretation of Scripture is that it allows picking up prostitutes, smoking crack, etc., but how clowded is mind, and how bitter is my heart to actually believe that coincides with a God who doesn't want you to contract herpes, break up with your family, or end up in a gutter dead of an overdose?

We know how to abide, we simply won't...why? Spiritual warfare is a daily thing my friend!
Get out troll

Apologetics always funny :) There are plenty of biblical scholars who ackwowledge the many contridictions in the bible. Have you actually read the bible? You literally only need to read genesis 1 and 2 to start seeing contradictions

The LA Times and NY Times can write about the same story, and guess what?

Both stories won't flow the same way, and may include/ommit things the other doesn't.

Again, the "glaring contradictions" fallacy has been addressed by those who truly care about clearing things up a bit for those who choose to walk this path.

For the past several weeks there have been many revelations made about Jon Jones' private life. From using Coke to sleeping around on his wife, Jones' public image has taken a beating over the past three or so weeks. I'm not interested in discussing the morality of what Jones has done. I'm more interested in explaining why none of this makes Jones a hypocrite.

You see, there are many people out there who are labeling Jones a hypocrite. They say that Jones tries to portray himself as a Christ loving man of God from the Christian tradition yet, they say, he's done somethings that don't seem to vibe with that image.

Well I think this view is wrong. Jon Jones is certainly a Christian and he certainly uses drugs and has extramarital affairs but he is not a hypocrite.

Jon Jones has chosen to involve himself in a philosophy called Christianity. Christianity makes all sorts of recommendations about how people should live their lives and what the moral code for humans should be. But with Christianity's longevity and storied past comes the fact that it is simply a philosophy (one of millions). No reasonable person expects an adherent of a philosophy to follow that philosophy from top to bottom, day and night. To say that Jon Jones has failed to live up to his philosophy in a strict way is to say that he has done what every living human would do in his position.

Jon Jones is not a hypocrite. He is an imperfect practitioner of his chosen philosophy. In other words, he's just like every other practitioner of any philosophy.

Tell this to actual religious ppl. Go tell an orthodox jewis person they dont have to follow all the rules. They'll laugh in your face. Or maybe a Buddhist or Hindu practitioner. Your rationale is a joke.

Back