Jones is lucky he’s not 0-3 in his last 3

themiketoth

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
-Smith could’ve taken DQ

Judges blessed him last two fights. Very lucky

Such a stupid thing to say. At least he's consistent. One of if not the most consistent fighters. He only fights the best too, you have to respect that in a champion no matter what he had to overcome.

Nobody can finish him right now. That's respectable

Yes he definitely lost to Reyes last night

Let's try remember someone else for UFC 247 :
Andrea lee.jpg

I thought he beat Santos. I thought last night was close though. I wouldn't have been mad at a draw or Reyes winning. He definitely beat Smith. Imagine the backlash if Smith would've taken a dq win, especially when he was clearly losing.

He needs to fight Frank magumbo so we can see what he's really made of

Maybe. But in close fights the champ is usually going to get the nod.. A long reigning champ even more so..

True but a number of fighters fit that bill. On that note Jones has 1 finish in his last 8 fights.

Yeah and that was against DC, who is a monster himself.

Maybe Jones is having trouble getting up for these guys that a win wouldn't mean much over? His last 3 fights were lose/lose situations. He wins and "that guy was a bum, he was supposed to win" etc, etc. He loses and "he sucks, he was never that good" etc., etc...

Yeah and that was against DC, who is a monster himself.

Maybe Jones is having trouble getting up for these guys that a win wouldn't mean much over? His last 3 fights were lose/lose situations. He wins and "that guy was a bum, he was supposed to win" etc, etc. He loses and "he sucks, he was never that good" etc., etc...

I didnt count the DC fight in the numerator or denominator, the 1 in his last 8 is Gustaffson.

I dont think anyone serious would claim JJ is not great, difference of opinion lies in overall GOAT talk.

Back