Jones is good but not great

Simply put lately he is just a little better than his opposition. He puts it all together and ends up with a decision thats less dominate than the old gsp days.

No one will put up a great performance on him, because of his clinch/stall
Its just annoying to watch fights like that.

He just beat a guy 4-1 that hadn't lost a round prior to the fight....

That fight was highly enjoyable. It was a former HW contender out muscled by the LHW champ. Most post I have seen on twitter and people I watched it with also enjoyed it.

How was watching a fighter stall enjoyable? Is this what fighting is to you?

Wow.

All champs have their struggles. GSP did not stop Hardy and has a very close fight against Hendricks.

Jones definitely won against by at least 1 round, probably 2+.

cormier hasnt beat anyone in lhw and came in extremely overrated
Cormier is also past his prime and isnt same fighter that came in looking like fedor in strikeforce

When jones starts highlight finishing guys, you can call him great

How was watching a fighter stall enjoyable? Is this what fighting is to you?

Wow.

Both guy were throwing too. Elbows from JJ and DC's uppercuts. The whole fight took place in DC's range. It was the perfect for DC and he still got beat.

lolol 6 finishes in title fights and TS says he barely wins and only gets decisions. cry more

Jones is a great fighter. He's a douchebag, but the guy is undeniably a great fighter.

See, this i can respect. if you dont like Jones, thats fine, but don't try to take away from his abilities and the things he's done

Simply put lately he is just a little better than his opposition. He puts it all together and ends up with a decision thats less dominate than the old gsp days.

No one will put up a great performance on him, because of his clinch/stall
Its just annoying to watch fights like that.

So Jones who has finished 15 of his 20 opponents (6 of his last 10 fights were finishes) vs. GSP (that you mentioned) with 13 finishes in 25 fights (With two clear losses btw), and a whopping two finishes in his last 10 fights...

But GSP was better?

Seriously...

How in the hell did they score it 49-46? This is why I hate judges in these fights. Same bullshit happened to Mendez.

How in the hell did they score it 49-46? This is why I hate judges in these fights. Same bullshit happened to Mendez.

Because it's not hard to see that Jones conceivably won 4 rounds out of 5, although a couple of those rounds Jones won were close?

Back