Jones is far better than Floyd Mayweather from a legacy standpoint....

Manny needs it a lot more than floyd IMO. so I agree. Both legacies are secure, the court of public opinion has clearly picked who they love more, though. Unfortunately.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There has not been a greater fighter then Jon Bones Jones in any weight class

I agree Manny needs it more at this point, there in talks rt now for May2015 fight. We'll see what happens. Public opinion to me seems pretty 50/50, there is just as many Pac haters as May haters from what I see on Internet at least. I'm a rare case cause I'm one of the few that actually likes and respects both of them as boxers.

I don't like Floyd at all, but he is far from a cherry picker.

Floyd has been dominant at 5 weight classes, and fought most of the best in every class he's been in. Pacquiao is the obvious great he didn't fight.

He destroyed Diego Corrales when he was top 5 P4P. Beat a prime Jose Luis Castillo, and gave him a rematch shortly after. Dominated both Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir when they were at their best. Zab was top 10 P4P before losing to Baldomir. Beat the much bigger Oscar De La Hoya. KO'd Hatton when he was P4P top 10. Dominated Juan Manuel Marquez, another top 10 P4P fighter. Won a clear decision over Miguel Cotto, another top 10 P4P fighter. Dominated a much larger Saul Alvarez who is a borderline top 10 P4P and seen as the future of the sport. Beat a really good Marcos Maidana and gave him an instant rematch.

Plus Genaro Hernandez, Arturo Gatti, Sharmba Mitchell, Robert Guerrero and other quality fighters.

Mayweather i believe, is more skilled than Jon, Jon has greater physical advantages but is also more creative. (hard to judge this as MMA allows more creativity ofc)

I agree Manny needs it more at this point, there in talks rt now for May2015 fight. We'll see what happens. Public opinion to me seems pretty 50/50, there is just as many Pac haters as May haters from what I see on Internet at least. I'm a rare case cause I'm one of the few that actually likes and respects both of them as boxers.

Im talking mostly people IRL not on forums. Id argue its more 51 - 49 in favor or pac

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There has not been a greater fighter then Jon Bones Jones in any weight class

You have to remember Mayweather vs Alvarez, very recently was an absolute mega fight, one of the richest fights in history..

An absolute risky fight against the future of boxing, and Floyd dominated at an advanced age.

Jon Jones just isnt capable of a legacy like that right now... not enough interest in MMA at the moment.

Mayweather is undefeated in his 18 year pro career, Jones isn't even close to Mayweather.

I had to read just because of how ridiculous the premise was

I love jones and it's ridiculous

i would take Mayweathers Legacy by FAR, people actually know who the hell he is unlike jones.. Great to see mma guys in this thread know there sh*t,

Come on thats a mad thing to say haha, Floyd is the best of this era i wish he would of fought Canelo at 154 though. If he fights Pac in may i can see a 9-3 or 8-4 in Floyds favour.

lol I love what happens to this place after a major event.

DOnt even bother man. Pac is the biggest ducker but for some reason everyone thinks he is some kind of hero. I had someone tell me that Floyd faced a bad verison of JMM compared to pacquiao. I couldn't beleive what I was hearing and had to honestly end the conversation because they were so brianwashed.

If floyd was the one who got knocked out and Manny beat his maker nobody would discredit Manny.

Manny fights all of floyds sloppy seconds and has since the beggining.

Floyd fights fighters coming off wins while manny gets them after weak performances.

FLoyd Just fought Maidana twice, and beat CANELO who is better than all of pacs recent fights sans tim bradley.

purely disgusting how much hate floyd gets. I love manny too and I hate to throw him under the bus but it is true

This, and I'm more of a manny fan than floyd. That being said though, manny has not ducked floyd directly, and has challenged floyd publically on numerous occasions.

However, if you watch floyd box it is undeniable that he is one of the best of all time. He always comes in in tip top shape, his movement is top notch, his punches are crisp and accurate (it's no ones fault if they don't have ko power, you can't train that). But everything about floyd's boxing craft puts him up their with the all time greats.

Yeah against tomato cans.

plz-stop-post.jpg

Why do you pre-teens keep talking like this?

The UFC began in 1993. What history do you understand, and what perspective do you have on anything in life?

:facepalm:

I think this thread proves that MMA fans know fuck all about boxing, not only is Mayweather the most successful boxer of all time, he's also one...if not THE best boxer from a defensive standpoint and a 5 division champion, the fact that he's been so dominant for so long and his opponents still haven't found a way to beat him speaks volumes, not for their quality...but the perfection of his craft.

Mayweather is a prodigy and it's an insult to mention Jones in the same breath.

Back