Jones is far better than Floyd Mayweather from a legacy standpoint....

TdotK

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I know they're different sports, but think about it. Jones isn't allowed to cherry pick, and he can't just quit the sport for 2 years like Floyd did. Yeah, you can call me a Jones disliker (not a full blown hater), but I have to admit, what the man is doing is downright crazy. He really is the Ali of our time, except he won't get banned from MMA for 3 years, and lose his prime like Ali.

Also, he's far stronger mentally than Floyd. Jones deserves the PPV buys, not Floyd.

But Floyd makes 30+ million a fight on purse alone. Fuck a legacy.

dude... mayweather has been undefeated as a pro since 1996.

I think the fact that mayweather CAN pick and choose his fights pretty much says his place in his own respective sport is much higher than jones currently

Not allowed to cherry pick... cancelled UFC 151 as opposed to fighting Chael on 8 days notice.

dude... mayweather has been undefeated as a pro since 1996.

Floyd cherry picks, and quit the sport for 2 years, while the WW division was at it's strongest point.

Also, he's far stronger mentally than Floyd. Jones deserves the PPV buys, not Floyd.
I think the orthopedic surgeon who operated on my joints deserves more adulation and fortune than Kim Kardasshian, yet here we are.

I think the fact that mayweather CAN pick and choose his fights pretty much says his place in his own respective sport is much higher than jones currently

But that's because of his fight with Oscar, and his management team (Al Haymon) is top notch. You can't pick and choose in the UFC.

Mayweather is the richest boxer of all time. I'll take that legacy.

Well pacquiao ducked him so dunno wtf you're talking about

More like boxing has taken a hit in popularity in the US
and Jon Jones is just on top of his world right now with a bright future

Mayweather accomplished way more

Floyd's legacy is meaningless because he's ducked Manny for years. Undefeated but never fought the top guy.

Jones at least fights the best and doesn't back down. Floyd is great but if the Pacman fight doesn't happen he will be seen as a tied first place with Pacquiao

I think the orthopedic surgeon who operated on my joints deserves more adulation and fortune than Kim Kardasshian, yet here we are.

The Kardashians' next door neighbor in the dream home next to them is an orthopaedic surgeon.

The guy likes to tell people who his neighbors are.

Mayweather doesn't cherry pick, he has fought everyone. ANyone who says he has clearly doesn't know what they are talking about and just absorbs whatever the media tells them.

Jones can't hold a candle to floyd

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There has not been a greater fighter then Jon Bones Jones in any weight class

Floyd cherry picks, and quit the sport for 2 years, while the WW division was at it's strongest point.

retired not quit... who would have beaten him during that time.. and who is he ducking now?

Agreed. Only Floyd nuthuggers are impressed by his undefeated record. Floyd fights fighters that are tailor made for him, maybe a few top guys sprinkled in but even a lot of those top guys were over-the-hill when they fought him or fighting him at a weight class that puts them at a disadvantage (ie Hatton and Marquez). Once the competition in and around his weight class was fiercest, he "retired" for 2 years. He has the opportunity to choose his opponents as well as where the fight takes place (always Vegas and if you don't know why this makes a difference I suggest doing some research), type of gloves used, ring size etc

Jones has none of these luxuries, and embraces the toughest competition out there.

Jones has a loss and only been fighting like 4 years. Maywewther is undefeated after like 20 years. Maywewther is old and still unbeatable.

Back