Media Jones is beginning to look like your average Sherdogger

Looking good. 250 pound Jones vs. Ngannou or Stipe would be fire.

werdum would beat jones as easily as he beat gus. and werdum isnt even top 10 anymore.

tbh id pick stipe, francis, rozenstruik, lewis, overeem, volkov and gane over jones. thats already 7(including champ) out of the top 10.

I think you’d lose some dollars then. Never doubting Jones in a highly anticipated fight again.

Jones was like 230-240 when he was competing at LHW so this really doesn't mean shit.

I think he will dominate at HW personally, outside of maybe a few fights. But then again it's still HW so perhaps just that added increment of size and the "anyone can get knocked out" thing is real.

Personally I think Jones kills Stipe.
Low 220's on fight night, but i think 250lbs is too much, 230-240 might be better to keep some speed from LHW.

werdum would beat jones as easily as he beat gus. and werdum isnt even top 10 anymore.

tbh id pick stipe, francis, rozenstruik, lewis, overeem, volkov and gane over jones. thats already 7(including champ) out of the top 10.
Typical edgelord commrnt

judging by his last outgoings vs Reyes and Santos I can’t see jones having success at hw.

I think he just needs to feel that he’s up for a legit challenge in order to perform. Nobody thought they would be a tough fight for him.

I think Jones does fine at HW, he's not that much bigger than he was before and he still has that fight IQ and ability to adapt. I think he's pretty scary for that division. I can't wait to see his first match.

In completely unrelated news, Ngannou and Stipe announce they are slimming down to challenge themselves at LHW.

If anyone can gain 25lbs and somehow maintain his speed and cardio.... it's Jones

Dude has been so good that makes no sense, since this would fit right in with the rest of his career lol.

8/10 trolling. It's solid, and subtle, but not quite infuriating enough. Add in Roy Nelson or some shit like that.

Its getting spicy

Only a matter of time before Bones demolishes HW, makes it look easy and leaves a sea of bitter haters by the wayside.

He doesn't need to get any bigger...now he just needs to maintain and gather cardio...

Hes at the top end of effective weight...if hes at 250lbs...

Looking good...im kinda liking afro Jones...

judging by his last outgoings vs Reyes and Santos I can’t see jones having success at hw.
If only mma analysis were that simple

Jones had issues vs younger, more athletic, faster, more multi faceted fighters who could challenge him in the kicking game

Therefore, he has no chance vs HW's.

Like I said, many underestimate LHW, underestimate Jones and overestimate HW.

You'd think moving up would represent the tougher fighters and more difficult challenge but that's not always the case. Especially at HW, where the vast majority are older, slower, far less multi dimensional, athletic with much more limited skillsets compared to LHW.

Look at DC. Absolutely dicked and outclassed by Jones. Yet he has destroyed everyone at HW. Was extremely competitive with Stipe, even at the tail end of his career when hes far from his best.

Yet you speak as if Jones getting smashed at HW is an unquestionable certainty. Delusional at best

Ngannou himself sa thinks Jones has an easier time at HW.

At the end of the day, there are people who know the game and those who are just talking out their ass.

Jones will fight at HW and pop for steroids, just wait and see. He couldnt fight DC clean when he had 12 inch reach advantage and being in physical prime while DC was 38, what makes you think he will now go and jump in with people equal/ bigger size that can KO him with one punch? He avoided HW for years for a reason. I strongly believe he has no balls to face Ngannou, atleast not without his juice

If only mma analysis were that simple

Jones had issues vs younger, more athletic, faster, more multi faceted fighters who could challenge him in the kicking game

Therefore, he has no chance vs HW's.

Like I said, many underestimate LHW, underestimate Jones and overestimate HW.

You'd think moving up would represent the tougher fighters and more difficult challenge but that's not always the case. Especially at HW, where the vast majority are older, slower, far less multi dimensional, athletic with much more limited skillsets compared to LHW.

Ngannou himself said he thinks Jones has an easier time at HW.

At the end of the day, there are people who know the game and those who are just talking out their ass.
Ryan Bader agrees.

Back