Media Jones is beginning to look like your average Sherdogger

Nganu via KO inside 1 minute.
Ngannou said himself that he thinks Jones has an easier time at HW.

DC said he thinks Jones beats Ngannou and he made that pick confidently. Doesnt believe the hype behind him.

A lot of people are underestimating LHW, underestimating Jones and overestimating HW.

Jones is moving to HW because he sees that as the easier division to conquer at the moment. And minds who truly know the game like Ngannou and DC obviously share similar sentiment.

Theres a sense of nuance that's lost on fans here though, somewhat understandably so. Ultimately it's one of the things people will need to see to believe.

Never go full MMAth.

Style makes fights unless your name is Khabib Nurmagomedov. Then you dominate all kind of murican wrestlers (without even being a wrestler, lol), irish strikers, etc.
Big Khabib fan, but i agree with your overall statement.
Jones couldn't impose his wrestling on Reyes and Stipe is quite a bit bigger and stronger.
Stipe also has a longer reach and a better chin than Reyes.

EDIT#2
Here's a side by side size comparison of not only Stipe and Jones, but now i also added Reyes:
jones_stipe_reyes_.png

Last edited:
Jones will get wrekt at heavyweight.

it will be hilarious.

I honestly doubt he ever steps foot into the cage for a hw fight.

how did Cormier do as a hw? And who do you think has the better skill set and who do you think has the better frame for hw?
And what age was Cormier a hw champ?

if jones holds stipe down and finishes with elbows and tkos ngannou there will never be a goat devate ever again

pizzy holding his titty in fear now

Jones will be sacrificing some speed and agility at that weight..
Not necessarily.

His brother Chandler is a great example of someone who is far from slow.

If it were anyone else, I would agree.

But, he has among the best possible people around to lead him into the weight as effectively as possible.

Gotta also take into account that, LHW is a different level of speed and athleticism. Even if he does sacrifice a bit, he will still maintain that advantage. Especially with age on his side once again

how did Cormier do as a hw? And who do you think has the better skill set and who do you think has the better frame for hw?
And what age was Cormier a hw champ?
Dont bother. His opinions on many things are purely emotional and biased. Not based in logic, reason and research.

picogram Jones just went milligrams

<JonesLaugh>

untitled-9j9swf.gif

<{danayeah}>

Jones was like 230-240 when he was competing at LHW so this really doesn't mean shit.

I think he will dominate at HW personally, outside of maybe a few fights. But then again it's still HW so perhaps just that added increment of size and the "anyone can get knocked out" thing is real.

Personally I think Jones kills Stipe.
No. He was around 220-225.

Closer to 220 in the cage, according to his statements on JRE

250 is a pretty significant leap. Especially for his frame, which is naturally suited to carrying such weight

Big Khabib fan, but i agree with your overall statement.
Jones couldn't impose his wrestling on Reyes and Stipe is quite a bit bigger and stronger.
Stipe also has a longer reach and a better chin than Reyes.
yeah but jones is now bigger than stipe or at least as big i think it would be a grate figth either way
that reyes figth was an off nigth specialy if we consider volkan oezdemir hold that guy down like 3 times jones must have really come over relaxed

Bit of a double edged sword he is.

People see him as a scumbag

But humans are complex creatures with many conflicting elements and chaos within them.

I see him as someone who is predominantly a good person, but he is also someone who epitomizes having an angel on his shoulder / devil on his back.

Last edited:
Bit of a double edged sword he is.

People see him as a scumbag

But humans are complex creatures with mental conflicting elements and chaos within them.

I see him as someone who is predominantly a good person, but he is also someone who epitomizes having an angel on his shoulder / devil on his back.
I know i know.
I suspect he's still a scumbag, but if not, that's a good thing and if he's still one, then i hope for him that he changes.
My comment was mainly due to the fact that i find religious quotes nonsense in the context of fighting, but then again, it was on his lifting belt, so maybe i was too harsh there.

fat dc was still faster than stipe the figth i wanna se is jones vs gane

By who lol? Stipe had wars with DC who Jon easily besmirched and that was in shape DC not the slow sloppy DC we saw vs stipe
werdum would beat jones as easily as he beat gus. and werdum isnt even top 10 anymore.

tbh id pick stipe, francis, rozenstruik, lewis, overeem, volkov and gane over jones. thats already 7(including champ) out of the top 10.

Back