Jones: I just got caught with my pants down with the cocaine. I'm not an addict

If you're abusing it than you're an addict or on your way to become one. There are many " weekend warriors" that partake and will never have a "problem"

I believe that's what I said about weekend warriors, and that it does ALSO extend further to include what is classified as Abuse. There is a meaningful distinction between Abuse and Addiction. Abuse is extremely unhealthy. You're seriously fucking up your mind/body/spirit, but it is not the kind of chronic (i.e. permanent), progressive (i.e. it is only ever advancing or in remission), and fatal disease that Addiction is.

Abuse is the very last stop on the line to Addiction, but it's a stop nonetheless, and the majority of people who get there disembark.

The tracks end at Addiction and the train runs right off. Ongoing medical and/or support group treatment for the sake of complete abstinence from all mind-altering substances is the only viable, confirmed way to keep the chronic problem in remission.

Define addiction..

Addiction is not an ill-defined point for debate. Unless, of course, you disagree with all those pesky doctors in the American Medical Association--and its sister programs in pretty much every other developed country. (There is a MUCH longer version for any BB polishers out there.):

"Addiction is a primary, chronic disease of brain reward, motivation, memory and related circuitry. Dysfunction in these circuits leads to characteristic biological, psychological, social and spiritual manifestations. This is reflected in an individual pathologically pursuing reward and/or relief by substance use and other behaviors.

Addiction is characterized by inability to consistently abstain, impairment in behavioral control, craving, diminished recognition of significant problems with one

why leave after 1 day then? undo's all the work for your image

Don't bother asking, dude. They literally just ignore you and say the exact same thing over and over. It's like the essence of stupid in action. (Sort of amazing, to be honest.)

Could an addict really perform up to the level Jon performs at? I think not. I think he is a recreational user that just got caught out once.

do you know how many baseball players played great ball while cocked out of their gord back in the day? lol whatever you need to tell yourself.

Could an addict really perform up to the level Jon performs at? I think not. I think he is a recreational user that just got caught out once.

Lol, YES. 100% one could.

But Jones is a scapegoat for the terrible handling by Zuffa/NSAC. I'm not interested in bagging on him hard about this issue. He is an unlikeable character. So far that's his largest crime. The T/E situation still majorly bothers me, but that's about NSAC and Zuffa, not really Jones at this point.

do you know how many baseball players played great ball while cocked out of their gord back in the day? lol whatever you need to tell yourself.

I don't watch baseball so I wouldn't know lol. I was going off personal experience. If I'd partied at a weekend I usually felt a lot more sluggish in training the following week.

Back