Jones how good is he really

chaoticmayhem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Let's say Jones doesn't partake of the eyepokes in all of his fights and he has to strictly rely on his skills. I think he's not champion without being able to extend his fingers into eye sockets.

Don't get me wrong, I think Jones is very talented but his reliance on illegal tactics changes the way his opponents fight.

Anybody else feel Jones is overrated if he has to fight fair?

Jones is at least #4 p4p with or without eyepokes. He's crafty.

fighting fair is for pussies

a win is a win

every skilled mma fighter should be able to strain the rules to the maximum

No, Jones still dismantles all your favorite fighters.

Get over it already.

He's got a great striking coach yet he can't even jab.

Let's say Jones doesn't partake of the eyepokes in all of his fights and he has to strictly rely on his skills. I think he's not champion without being able to extend his fingers into eye sockets.

Don't get me wrong, I think Jones is very talented but his reliance on illegal tactics changes the way his opponents fight.

Absolute dumbass.

Jones is not over rated, he has really never lost in his career, Never been even tested till the Gus fight. I think that he is gifted naturally through his freakish reach. His techniques while "dirty" (eyepokes, teep kicks to the knees) are legal but should be banned. I think Cormier will be a real test as well as Gus 2. Gus 2 because he wants revenge, and he will be looking to finish. Cormier because he is an undefeated heavy weight wrestler with KO power in his fists. Cormier will rush Jones and try to take his head off.

Come off it man, he didn't get the belt by poking eyes until he won. He has a ridiculous skill-set and athletic ability. Don't discredit the rest of his abilities because of his schiesty tendencies to leave his fingers in his opponents faces.

Making excuses for somebody else's success is one of the most pathetic things a person can do.

Making excuses for somebody else's success is one of the most pathetic things a person can do.

I would be LHW Champion. I would be in the UFC right now...but Jones' shady tactics have prevented me from following my dream. I'm paralyzed. Paralyzed with the fear that if I try MMA, when I inevitably rise to the top and fight Jones for the title, I will lose my sight. I wont be able to read my children bedtime stories. Jones is preventing real talent from growing. @chaoticmayhem is just protecting the future of the sport..WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?! ...

...or has Jones' fingers already gotten to you?

I would be LHW Champion. I would be in the UFC right now...but Jones' shady tactics have prevented me from following my dream. I'm paralyzed. Paralyzed with the fear that if I try MMA, when I inevitably rise to the top and fight Jones for the title, I will lose my sight. I wont be able to read my children bedtime stories. Jones is preventing real talent from growing. @chaoticmayhem is just protecting the future of the sport..WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?! ...

...or has Jones' fingers already gotten to you?

Maybe he fought Jones?

He's got a great striking coach yet he can't even jab.
He showed some nice jabs in his last fight, but yeah, he'd be WAY harder to get in on if he had learned to fight long.. with punches, which doesn't really seem to be the case thus far.

He showed some nice jabs in his last fight, but yeah, he'd be WAY harder to get in on if he had learned to fight long.. with punches, which doesn't really seem to be the case thus far.

Winklejon should tape his damn lead hand closed in training, all those face paws he does could be solid jabs.

He's a dirty fighter but this is not volleyball. It's fighting.

Back