Jones head trainer: 'Jones not scared of Gustafsson'

m-Benito_Martinez_as_Cpt._David_Aceveda.jpg

There was a pretty big uproar, but Jones' recent trolling has so many people butthurt that anything he does will be the biggest atrocity that the world has ever seen no matter what.

Is he trolling or just constantly putting his foot in his mouth? I know your a Jones fan but how does he go from Gus is next to I don't want to fight Gus? Right when the fight is about to be made.

If Jones thinks beating DC will do more for his legacy then beating Gus again he is wrong, Gus beat the Hell out of him in the 1st fight.

At best Jones won that fight 3-2 which is how I scored it but it was a super close fight.

Jones won, plain and simple, you even had him winning, everyone did, it's obvious who won which rounds, Jones won. So fighting and beating Gus again isn't that big of a deal, I'd be WAY more interested in the DC fight because I'm not sure who would win. I think Jones beats Gus again and I don't think it will be as close.

You guys are giving Gus all this credit for losing a close fight. But he lost, and it was obvious who won, no one is even saying Gus won, they are simply saying it was close and he did damage.

That's not enough to land a #1 contender spot after beating 1 person, who is a nobody.

This is why having the promoters have all the power is a nightmare for the sport, because they are corrupt and their ranking system is complete BS. This is why boxing sucks. Because the promoters and sanctioning orgs find a way to make "their guy" the #1 mandatory. In this case, Gus is 1-1 in his last 2 fights, how the hell is he the #1 contender? He just lost, beat a nobody, and he's #1?

I just can't understand why Jones won't sign to fight a guy that gave him the toughest fight of his whole career. That's just fkd

Is he trolling or just constantly putting his foot in his mouth? I know your a Jones fan but how does he go from Gus is next to I don't want to fight Gus? Right when the fight is about to be made.

I think Cormier has greatly elevated his profile as of late. Cormier's background as an Olympic wrestler, undefeated record at HW/LHW, recent lopsided beat-down of Hendo, and very vocal callouts for a fight likely elevated him in JBJs mind as a legacy builder.

Having said that, I still think this is a bunch of noise as part of standard negotiations and the Gus deal will get done.

Jones won, plain and simple, you even had him winning, everyone did, it's obvious who won which rounds, Jones won. So fighting and beating Gus again isn't that big of a deal, I'd be WAY more interested in the DC fight because I'm not sure who would win. I think Jones beats Gus again and I don't think it will be as close.

You guys are giving Gus all this credit for losing a close fight. But he lost, and it was obvious who won, no one is even saying Gus won, they are simply saying it was close and he did damage.

That's not enough to land a #1 contender spot after beating 1 person, who is a nobody.

This is why having the promoters have all the power is a nightmare for the sport, because they are corrupt and their ranking system is complete BS. This is why boxing sucks. Because the promoters and sanctioning orgs find a way to make "their guy" the #1 mandatory. In this case, Gus is 1-1 in his last 2 fights, how the hell is he the #1 contender? He just lost, beat a nobody, and he's #1?

I love how everybody that claims Jones won make it seem like it wasn't the most competitive fight of his career before or since. Frankly, I want to see the rematch before I see DC because I think jones will completely dismantle dc from range for 5 rounds whereas with Gus at least both fighters are physically compareable in height, weight, and reach.
Gus was promised a rematch by both the champ AND the UFC if both guys win their fights. They did; now the verbal agreement has to be honored. End of discussion.
As to the poster who claimed that DC would be the bigger money fight, I disagree bc there are a lot more unknowns than what you can compare to Gus vs Jones: 1. People know they're gonna get a good fight for however long it goes and that Gus and Jones are both game opponents. I have yet to see Cormier put into a bad position.

Plain and simple. The GOAT champ wants to face a new challenger. Fear has nothing to do with it. Only the haters obviously gon hate. Champ preserves the right to fight who he thinks is worthy of the shot. He beat Gus, so after 1 win, you put Gus in front of him again? Bring DC on since he was running his mouth about Jon not wanting to fight him.

Since when is it up to the champ to decide who he should fight? Do you think anybody would even be asking for him to fight Gus again if he beat him convincingly?

I think jones just wants his record to have another beast on it.. Or at least I hope that's the reason

I think it's crazy people believe Jones is scared of someone he already beat. He wants DC because that's a bigger money fight and he has DC prmoting it, who is VERY good at promotions. If you have a choice of fighting a guy you already beat for less mone or fighting a guy who you haven't fought for more, it's an obvious choice.

How is DC good at promoting anything? He stumbles over his words, isn't very eloquent, has a pretty forgettable personality, has really bad trash talk. He's a very nice guy and a great fighter, but "VERY good at promotions"? Come off it.

a what in his armor?

A "*****" in his armor. Lol so fucking stupid. God I never knew this became a thing. Loving PC America...

Edit:

Lol oh come on this is funny. It's a "chunk" in his armor. Now swap that "u" out for an "i" haha wow. I've seriously never even given two thoughts to this phrase and I had a Filipino girlfriend for almost 2 years! Jeez.

Didnt GSP do this same shit with Diaz and Hendricks. Hendricks being the more deserving opponent but GSP picking Diaz. I dont remember nearly the uproar about it...

Alzheimers?

Jds knocked out Cain, no need for them to rematch, he'll school him worse next time.

This whole camp is pathetic and Jones is their last champ left. Once he loses, I dont see anyone else winning the belt from their stable of fighters.

Then why can't he just take the easy match and beat Gus, and THEN fight the more challenging Cormier 3-4 months later?

When the majority of the MMA fans want to see the Gus match first.
When he's getting less popular day by day by refusing to fight Gus.
When the owners, the matchmaker and the president of UFC tells him very clearly that they want him to fight Gus first.

Why is it so ****ing important to fight Cormier now and not after a Gus fight?

Can anyone really say with a straight face that they honestly believe that the true reason for Jones wanting to fight Cormier and not Gus is that he want a tougher fight? A bigger challenge?

Like Jones himself would say: C'mon son...

Then why can't he just take the easy match and beat Gus, and THEN fight the more challenging Cormier 3-4 months later?

When the majority of the MMA fans want to see the Gus match first.
When he's getting less popular day by day by refusing to fight Gus.
When the owners, the matchmaker and the president of UFC tells him very clearly that they want him to fight Gus first.

Why is it so ****ing important to fight Cormier now and not after a Gus fight?

Can anyone really say with a straight face that they honestly believe that the true reason for Jones wanting to fight Cormier and not Gus is that he want a tougher fight? A bigger challenge?

Like Jones himself would say: C'mon son...

hahaha. this.

Back