Jones has the best chin ever at LHW...

Diggem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
One of the many great things about Jones is that he has the best chin ever for a LHW fighter in the UFC. Jones has eaten bombs from every top fighter and came back to win big. He has also hown that the has the true heart of a champion.

I don't see anybody beating him for years and years to come. The person that will beat him if he is ever defeated during his reign in the UFC is not even in the UFC yet.

agreed...people like to bring up guys like Hunt for their chin but Jones probably has the better chin...unlike Hunt he has never been knocked down or close to it .....one can argue its HW vs LHW but lets not pretend the guys Jones fights are baby punchers as im sure some of these guys are capable of downing HW's

Chuck had the best chin, until he didn't. Time is a huge factor for chins and wars destroy them over that time. Bones has been great at avoiding damage this far but if he he gets tagged heavily in fights his chin will go the same way everyone else's has.

this thread is worthless without gifs

Nah. He didn't eat that many clean shots from Cormier and Cormier isn't exactly Dan Henderson.

Bonnar. Regardless of his overall mid-level ability, Bonnar's head is made of cement.

He doesn't have the best chin.

He's just the best fighter and doesn't need "the best chin".

he can take a punch, but that degrades over time

his next couple of fights are going to be rough on that chin

gus and AJ do not fuck around

Definitely up there. Sometimes it seems like he takes shots on purpose just to see how hard of a hit he can take. Really seemed like it against Glover.

Possibly.

Best chin with the absolute worst boxing ever.

When you're 13 years old, everything is best EVER EVER EVER GOAT GOAT GOAT because history began in 2001 for you.

Has he really taken many (if any) clean, hard shots?

I think part of what makes him so good is that he avoids those big shots. It's hard to say how good his chin is when it hasn't really been tested.

Dont know if he has best chin,it is up there for sure. He ate big shots from machida,rashad,gus and wasnnt even knock down.

Jones hardly ever gets hit and until I see him just walk through some bombs like I've seen Gus walk through, then he doesn't even have the best chin in his division.

Has he really taken many (if any) clean, hard shots?

I think part of what makes him so good is that he avoids those big shots. It's hard to say how good his chin is when it hasn't really been tested.

Machida hit him hard,gus landed a lot of hard shots,shad landed big right hand and highkick,belfort had one good highkick,glover and dc landed solid shots on him(not any huge ones),vera upkick

I had the feeling that he can't be knocked out, but it looked like DC hurt him a couple of times.

I mean, he doesn't get wobbled or KO'd but they seem to hurt him alot, as he flinches and pulls away.

Back