Jones has such underrated cardio

Jones doesn't fight at the pace that Cain fights at. If he did he'd definitely get a lot more tired than in his other fights.

???

That doesn't really prove any point one way or the other. Cain will need to slow down his pace. That kind of pace in the JDS fight would slow him down just as badly against Jones or anyone else with who'd keeps their hands up and evade punches. The pace Cain fought at wasn't good on his cardio, but fortunately JDS looked way worse due to the beating. That doesn't rule out the fact Cain gassed early when what we're talking about is cardio. It's not like we're arguing about whether Cain won or not lol. It seems like since he decisively won, it must mean he was flawless or something.

Jones knows how to pick his shots and does need to blitz in on guys, that's not how he fights. If that's how he keeps from gassing then that still is a factor of Jones controlling his cardio. If Cain didn't get tired at "his pace" that would've made a lot more sense.

On top of that, Jones was non-stop in the Shogun fight going from the ground & stand-up and visa versa. Point being, we've seen Jones in fights going 3 or more rounds looking good still. This is Cain's first 5 round fight and he looked bad after the 2nd. Kongo was Cain's only other fight that even went to the 3rd.

Jones has underrated everything. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge Jones as the best striker, wrestler, and submission artist in the LHW division currently is fooling themselves.

This is a poor comparison imo. First of all Cain is much larger in bodymass than Jones... by far. Jones is likely only 220 in the cage come fight night whereas Cain is a solid 240. He still has more mass to pump oxygen too.

On top of that a lot of what Jones does from the outside doesn't require much energy. To say Cain was gassing by 4 and 5 after all the takedown attempts and resistance from JDS is kind of a silly "flaw" to point out. Cain has a much more active pace than Jones and rarely ever stays at the outside of his reach peppering opponents.

I'm not saying Jones has bad cardio, but his current style allow him to conserve energy far more than Cain does... and Cain is much larger. Also Cain is grappling with guys as large if not larger than himself.

Jones has good cardio for 5 rounds and that should be a given for any fighter looking to fight him. He does alot of work in those five rounds so yeah, his cardio is pretty good.

Every Greg Jackson fighter has good cardio.

Garcia

because he doesnt do shit the whole fight? He throws like 5 front kicks the whole round and go for a takedown or two

Cookin on full retard, captain.

???

That doesn't really prove any point one way or the other. Cain will need to slow down his pace. That kind of pace in the JDS fight would slow him down just as badly against Jones or anyone else with who'd keeps their hands up and evade punches. The pace Cain fought at wasn't good on his cardio, but fortunately JDS looked way worse due to the beating. That doesn't rule out the fact Cain gassed early when what we're talking about is cardio. It's not like we're arguing about whether Cain won or not lol. It seems like since he decisively won, it must mean he was flawless or something.

Jones knows how to pick his shots and does need to blitz in on guys, that's not how he fights. If that's how he keeps from gassing then that still is a factor of Jones controlling his cardio. If Cain didn't get tired at "his pace" that would've made a lot more sense.

On top of that, Jones was non-stop in the Shogun fight going from the ground & stand-up and visa versa. Point being, we've seen Jones in fights going 3 or more rounds looking good still. This is Cain's first 5 round fight and he looked bad after the 2nd. Kongo was Cain's only other fight that even went to the 3rd.

You realize Jones corner was panicking because Jones was gassing right?

Also learn about MMA, you're looking real stupid. Pace, size, these are all factors in terms of cardio.

Of course Cain struggled before the beating came, Junior was waiving off his TD attempts like they were nothing but to say it wouldnt have taken extra ordinary cardio to keep taking down Junior in the later rounds is absurd, comatosed or not Junior was still throwing shots here and there, imho was still dangerous even tho he was ready to hit the mat (That Was HEART)... To say Cain gassed is an overstatement , exhausted fair assumption ..
Fanboy lol whatever , not even close.. Never did i ever say that shit would fly with Jones , don;t know where you got the notion i said he could pull that on Jones..
Did i ever mention Cain would beat Jones based on that performance? All i said was that he wasn't gassed after the 3rd..
Obviously your a fanboy of Jones didn't mean to offend you

Okay, if you realize JDS shook off and sprawled from every takedown when he was fresh, why are you acting like Cain's TDs later had nothing to do with JDS being completely beaten and gassed? You seem not be using any bit of logic.

It's as simple as this...
Fresh Cain couldn't take down or keep down a fresh JDS.
Gassed Cain can take down an even more gassed and beaten JDS.

Just because JDS looked WAY worse doesn't take away from the fact Cain was gassed as well, just not as badly or beat up. You can't simply ignore how slow & sluggish Cain was in earlier rounds.

I agree to an extent, Jones has extremely good cardio in terms of his body size and his fast-twitch explosive athletic prowess. However, Cain and Bones fight completely different fights, Jones has mastered conserving his metabolic resources. He is calm, collected and cool in the octagon and doesn't waste movement doing unnecessary attacks or futilely spamming takedowns.

Cain's fight with JDS was the opposite to that methodology, his offence was relentless but it was not really efficient. He chains takedowns and strikes for the sake of chaining them, there is no respite in his attack and thus it is a far more cardiovascularly punishing style to employ compared to Bones. Additionally Cain is shorter than Jones and 20lbs heavier. Relative to body mass and work rate in the octagon, Cain's cardio still impresses me by far the most out of the UFC roster.

You realize Jones corner was panicking because Jones was gassing right?

"Panicking"...no, advising, yes. Don't exaggerate.

Also learn about MMA, you're looking real stupid. Pace, size, these are all factors in terms of cardio.

You have no idea what you're talking about because Chael & Bendo would be gassing after 1 round if size were a legit factors. lol. Plus this debate with me began when someone said Cain has the best cardio out of anyone in LHW-HW. Nice try. Cardio can't be determined by physically looking at a fighter. Now, pace, that is what I'm actually debating about being a factor, which is why Cain gassed...so we agree that's apart of cardio, yes.

Last edited:
Okay, if you realize JDS shook off and sprawled from every takedown when he was fresh, why are you acting like Cain's TDs later had nothing to do with JDS being completely beaten and gassed? You seem not be using any bit of logic.

It's as simple as this...
Fresh Cain couldn't take down or keep down a fresh JDS.
Gassed Cain can take down an even more gassed and beaten JDS.

Just because JDS looked WAY worse doesn't take away from the fact Cain was gassed as well, just not as badly or beat up. You can't simply ignore how slow & sluggish Cain was in earlier rounds.

You're making no sense... I'm attacking your analysis because youre acting like Cain didn't need Cardio to take down JDS in later rounds which is absolute shit .... Of course you're going to move slower in later rounds, that's what happens you get tired and you expend as much energy as Cain does, but Cain didn't Gas completely like you stated. He got tired but still tried relentlessly to take down JDS which you seem to think is still an easy feat which is retarded.. But wait Mighty Mouse could have done it according to you.

Last edited:
"Panicking"...no, advising, yes. Don't exaggerate.

You have no idea what you're talking about because Chael & Bendo would be gassing after 1 round if those were legit factors. lol. Plus this debate with me began when someone said Cain has the best cardio out of anyone in LHW-HW. Nice try.

What the hell are you talking about bro

You're making no sense... I'm attacking your analysis because youre acting like Cain didn't need Cardio to take down JDS in later rounds which is absolute shit .... Of course you're going to move slower in later rounds, that's what happens you get tired and you expend as much energy as Cain does, but Cain didn't Gas completely like you stated. He got tired but still tried relentlessly to take down JDS which you seem to think is still an easy feat which is retarded.. But wait Mighty Mouse could have done it according to you.

You do know what hyperbole is, right? No, your acting like JDS HAD cardio or the sense he had beforehand to defend a takedown. There, is that clear enough now? It wasn't later rounds Cain slowed it was in the 3rd and looked like even by the middle of the 2nd that Cain slowed.

What the hell are you talking about bro

I'm talking about size having nothing to do with cardio. Bendo and (MW) Sonnen are some of the biggest guys in there division and they ultimately cut massive weight. They have some of the best cardio in there divisions. But if that wasn't what you meant by "size" I mentioned that the person I was originally debating with said LHW-HW, Cain had the best cardio. That tells me were not putting size (weight class differential) into the equation.

Now I don't know what you're talking about bring up pace like I don't know that's a part of cardio because that's what I actually mentioned myself in prior post. Cain gassed early due to all the poor TDs & etc which in result is a poor pace and it resulted in his cardio going downhill.

That's what the hell I'm talking about.
:cool:
I'm multi-tasking so it might be a bit of a clusterfuck.

You do know what hyperbole is, right? No, your acting like JDS HAD cardio to defend a takedown. There, is that clear enough now? It wasn't later rounds Cain slowed it was in the 3rd and looked like even by the middle of the 2nd that Cain slowed.

I'm talking about size having nothing to do with cardio. Bendo and (MW) Sonnen are some of the biggest guys in there division and they ultimately cut massive weight. They have some of the best cardio in there divisions. But if that wasn't what you meant by "size" I mentioned that the person I was originally debating with said LHW-HW, Cain had the best cardio. That tells me were not putting size (weight class differential) into the equation.

Now I don't know what you're talking about bring up pace like I don't know that's a part of cardio because that's what I actually mentioned myself in prior post. Cain gassed early due to all the poor TDs & etc which in result is a poor pace and it resulted in his cardio going downhill.

That's what the hell I'm talking about.
:cool:
I'm multi-tasking so it might be a bit of a clusterfuck.

Ya you're all over the place and not really making any sort of sense IMO.

You do know what hyperbole is, right? No, your acting like JDS HAD cardio or the sense he had beforehand to defend a takedown. There, is that clear enough now? It wasn't later rounds Cain slowed it was in the 3rd and looked like even by the middle of the 2nd that Cain slowed.

Watch the post fight interview with AKA's Bob Cook ... he had to slow down or they feared he would GAS...

because he doesnt do shit the whole fight? He throws like 5 front kicks the whole round and go for a takedown or two

Whoa, besides maybe the rashad fight all of jones fights are very high pace and exciting

Has there been many people questioning the cardio of Jones? I haven't seen anything regarding his conditioning to be lacking

I've seen people call his cardio average and if he goes to heavyweight it would be below average.

Jones controls the pace of his fights, he has never been pushed... Cain uses a relentless pace in his fights that no HW is able to follow comparing both of them is not valid IMO.

Back