Jones has such underrated cardio

He's never troubled and always dictating the pace of the fight.

he has good cardio, nobody ever questioned that or underrated that.

Visibly tired in the shogun fight, I saw the fight, I didnt see him physically tired at all. He gassed in the Bonnar fight hard but that was the only time I saw Jones physically exhausted.

In the Shogun fight jones looked like he could go another few rounds and walked shogun down without an issue.

I don't know what to tell you man. I guess we just don't agree on what someone who is tired looks like. From my perspective, he was obviously sucking wind between rounds.

Regardless, I am not knocking Jones' cardio. I just don't think there is any reason to think he would not have been tired after going through the same level of intensity that Cain did against JDS. He almost certainly would have been.

That's pretty much my point in a nutshell; Cain gets into high paced firefights, Jones picks his spot and explodes occasionally.

But if you want to talk about cardio, Frankie Edgar is cardio god mode: gets blasted by Maynard and still fighting at speedy gonzales pace the next 4 rounds.

Frankie is like the energizer bunny but Cains Cardio is different, Cain is hard wrestling for 5 rounds and that is just brutal cardio.

Last edited:
to be fair, cain works a lot harder in his fights than jones does

because he doesnt do shit the whole fight? He throws like 5 front kicks the whole round and go for a takedown or two

idk, he looks like he puts alot of power into his strikes, not pace himself like diaz. and he has yet to gas out.. hes young and a hard worker

I don't know what to tell you man. I guess we just don't agree on what someone who is tired looks like. From my perspective, he was obviously sucking wind between rounds.

Regardless, I am not knocking Jones' cardio. I just don't think there is any reason to think he would not have been tired after going through the same level of intensity that Cain did against JDS. He almost certainly would have been.

I have no qualms if you were knocking his cardio, but I watched the fight I didn't observe him as visibly tired but its possible.

I dont think any fighter would not be visibly tired fighting Cain, Cains main asset is his cardio and relentlessness. You dont fight Cain and let Cain dictate the fight and not get tired fighting him.

More like HW's just have bad cardio. Given the way they are built they are not supposed to be able to go 25 minutes. There is a reason marathon runners are rail thin and that's because they carry less weight meaning they use less energy. When you are 250 you use more energy than 170, 185, 205 fighter.

Because he has to. Because he isn't as good.

Jones clearly has good cardio, but the fact he doesn't exhaust himself like Cain is proof that he is far more effective at, well, everything. You'll never see him fail takedowns like that.

a lot harder? i call bs. They are both hard workers, even if cain is a hard worker its not as though hes doing substantially more than jones. Jones is one of the hardest workers ive seen in the ufc, which isn't debatable because thats the only way someone could get as well rounded as he is at such a young age.

Jones clearly has good cardio, but the fact he doesn't exhaust himself like Cain is proof that he is far more effective at, well, everything. You'll never see him fail takedowns like that.

Well I wouldnt go that far, both are wonderful fighters and p4p fighters.

Shalom

Jones barely get any damage in his fights.
Jones beaten all former champs and guess what, has Jones ever bleed? no, not ever lol.

Has there been many people questioning the cardio of Jones? I haven't seen anything regarding his conditioning to be lacking

Jones is more physically gifted than Cain compared to the rest of the division. He does not have to work as hard during fights. His cardio can easily be as good because Jones is leaner but we have to see that yet.

hmmmm

He got good Cardio but his reach help him setting the pace, most his opponents only tried to counter him and that failed, nobody ever go truly chase him, maybe Machida in 1 round.

He got reach advantage and he can set Pace, he usually dont fight high pace he pick his shot

Stand up game yes, ground game yes, Rasslin... not on your life.
Cain's relentless efforts in trying to take down JDS for 5 rounds pretty much showed he has cardio for days... Jones has never been underrated , he is unbelievable pure freak of nature

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back