Jones has gone from seeming invincible to eeking out decisions

Jones has a lot of miles? Not that much. He's taken the least punishment out of any fighter. Not much wear and tear on that front. Training? Sure, but has everyone that so has been in the game as long as he has.
He has also not taken care of himself in general. He's used Cocaine and drank to excess.

He still has a masterful game as far as nuance despite being less dominant than his prime. His wrestling seems to be something that he reserves, rather than threaten with full commitment now.
That's it. His wrestling was his lethal offensive game. Now that he doesn't use it as an offensive weapon, he doesn't have any lethal offensive weapons at all. His only offense now is bullshit like calf kicks. So his game has turned into just surviving while throwing calf kicks and shit.

Anyone who has been at the top level for as long as he has, is considered to be carrying a lot of miles

How many guys were top 10 when he kicked the shit out of bader, that are still top 10 today
Somehow, fucking Shogun.

On the contrary. Jones has transcended the sport. And I mean that literally.

First he conquered the UFC. That's simply domination though, not transcendence.

Then he conquered the drug testing agency.

Not finished, now he's conquered the judges.

He can literally test positive for steroids and lose, and still win. The guy literally owns the sport. I don't know how he did it but he literally transcended the sport.

You missed out he conquered refs, zero point deductions for the most prolific eye poker in the game and constantly extends his fingers out despite all the warning. This bitch needs refs, judges, Dana, USADA all in his pocket to keep him 'undefeated' and degenerates have the nerve to mention him being above Khabib in GOAT talks.

1.) He can't roid blatantly. At least, not AS blatantly.
2.) Jones relies massively on dwarfing and out-reaching his opponents. He has had difficulty EVERY TIME he fights someone with his reach.

I really wish Walker didn’t fuck up against Anderson because walker has the speed and size to hit him like Reyes was

Its his chin
The fact that he is rarely even fazed mean the judges don't know what to do.

And reyes is a backpeddling counter striker who got tired.

Optics didnt look good at the end but this one Jones actually lost.

Don't see how you can score it otherwise.

Hendricks wasnt robbed
Shogun wasnt robbed(shogun 1)
Marreta wasn't robbed
Gus wasnt robbed

Btw latifi was also robbed

once upon a time Jones won every fight easily. Now he is winning fights that could have gone to his opponent
Not really, I mean this is the first fight that's actually debatable since Gus in 2013 (or at all) so I think it's fair to say he's still pretty dominant.

There's really no arguement that can be made based on the fight itself with no emotion or shock factor involved to score the Santos fight anything other than 49-46 Jones or 48-47 Jones if you're pushing it.

As for tonight though very different story. I would love to see a rematch to see if Jones took him lightly and to possibly see the return of Jones with something to prove like Gus and DC 2. Or we find out Reyes really is that good and likely the future of the division.

Right now I have a bit of a Mayweather Maidana feel from this fight where Floyd was surprised by Maidanas style and hadn't taken him seriously resulting in a very questionable win leading to a rematch in which he completely dominated.

Back