- Bellator LHW and HW champ champ Ryan Bader

GOATy resume?
Jones destroyed him in less than 10 minutes also

I too can play this game.

Natural MW Lyoto Machida KOd both:
- UFC LHW and HW champ champ Randy Couture

GOATy resume?

Lyoto is not a natural MW. He actually began his career at HW (even fought BJ Penn at HW), moved to LHW which is his more natural weight class. He's a big MW for certain, but LHW is the class bet fit for him.

He believes that. C'mon JJ is a sociopath he ain't doing anything to be nice. He knows Cormier has much better cardio and power at hw. Why take that fight when he can just smash journeymen at lhw.

how can you have better cardio, being 50lbs heavier...you don't...you're comparing him to other heavyweights...who don't have great cardio to begin with...

Lyoto is not a natural MW. He actually began his career at HW (even fought BJ Penn at HW), moved to LHW which is his more natural weight class. He's a big MW for certain, but LHW is the class bet fit for him.

he won a world title at LH...so yes, that was his natural weight class...anyone can just cut a bunch of weight, and fight at a lower weight class, if they want to...

how can you have better cardio, being 50lbs heavier...you don't...you're comparing him to other heavyweights...who don't have great cardio to begin with...
Because dehydrating the hell out of yourself doesn't help cardio? He had a tough cut to 205. Seems like he just gets too fat but he seemed to really struggle making that cut and always looked depleted. His speed, cardio, and power all seem better at hw than lhw.

By who? I thought heavyweight was the weakest division of them all?

It's funny to see people completely trash the heavyweight division for years but makes a 180 as soon as Jones is brought up in the conversation.

HW can be weak AND a test for Jon as well. They aren't mutually exclusive. Jones, with more muscle mass, would be a different animal just like DC is.

DC was unable to KO any of the top 3 LHWs despite landing bombs. Yet, he KOd the top HW with ease.

Interesting fact, inevitably going to trigger some emotions-

Jones has finished the Heavy Weight champs in the worlds 3 biggest MMA promotions

Shattering ONE's HW champ Brendan Veras face-
Brandon_Vera-hero.jpg

6h1gsl_jpg_medium_medium_medium.gif

Finishing Bellators HW champ Ryan Bader

056_Fedor_x_Ryan_Bader.0.jpg

09_jones_bader_007.jpg

and recently rendering the UFCs HW champion and HW Goat Daniel Cormier, unconscious

636666074497624688-AP-UFC-226-Mixed-Martial-Arts-101322293.JPG

jonjones2.jpg

Superb Martial arts expertise, tremendous accolade and indeed, very GOATy
Brendan

Yet refuses to fight at Heavyweight as he KNOWS he'll fucking lose...

Nice try Jones cock-gurgler...

This line of reasoning is as stupid as it's ever been. I suppose Mighty Mouse is also less of a fighter because he probably wouldn't fight at middleweight? That, like LHW to HW, is also a 60 pound difference.

You don't need to fight people who are bigger than you are to prove you're the best. That's the reason weight classes exist, and the reason pound-for-pound rankings exists (by definition, how good you are relative to others at your weight). Jones would also probably lose to someone who had a shotgun. So what? This is an organized sport, and within the rules and standards of that sport, he is the greatest.

In a world where Darren Till is a WW, Machida is most definitely a MW. He barely cut anything for LHW and fought his best fights at LHW weighing in below the 205 limit.

More like he beat HWs who were killing themselves to make LHW. Jones gets whopped at HW and he knows it.

Vera was killing himself to go down to LHW?? So did DC? Bro, denial is strong in you. Look how fat Vera at HW is, him being lean at LHW is certainly not killing... DC willingly went down to LHW too, it is not like he had a gun at him forehead.

But, hey, this is sherdog.

So true. Never thought of that. I’m fairly certain he’ll go to HW eventually. But while we wait for that, we get to listen to sherdoggers post about him being a coward.

GOATy resume?

I mean, I love Machida but dude has been smoked too many times to make this a comparison including against the guy in the OP.

He never beat DC AT hw. So people really need to stop talking about how he beat the hw champ.

Jones himself knows DC may beat him at hw and wants nothing to do with it. FFS he said as much.
He literally beat the man who is currently the UFC HW champ. There’s no amount of word salad to get around the literal reality.

Because dehydrating the hell out of yourself doesn't help cardio? He had a tough cut to 205. Seems like he just gets too fat but he seemed to really struggle making that cut and always looked depleted. His speed, cardio, and power all seem better at hw than lhw.

he seemed slow as hell against stipe...he was getting tagged early on...of course he landed that punch in the clinch and ended it..but up to that point, dc was looking rather slow and sluggish...

Interesting fact, inevitably going to trigger some emotions-

Jones has finished the Heavy Weight champs in the worlds 3 biggest MMA promotions

Shattering ONE's HW champ Brendan Veras face-
Brandon_Vera-hero.jpg

6h1gsl_jpg_medium_medium_medium.gif

Finishing Bellators HW champ Ryan Bader

056_Fedor_x_Ryan_Bader.0.jpg

09_jones_bader_007.jpg

and recently rendering the UFCs HW champion and HW Goat Daniel Cormier, unconscious

636666074497624688-AP-UFC-226-Mixed-Martial-Arts-101322293.JPG

jonjones2.jpg

Superb Martial arts expertise, tremendous accolade and indeed, very GOATy

LOL, It doesn't work if they win the HW belt years later after Jon beat them at a different weight class. I think Jon still beats all three today, but the point doesn't really work.

GOATy resume?
Not really since Jones choked him out and dropped him to the floor like a sack of dirty clothing.

A gif of that would be nice

Just put Jones in the ring where people can close the distance, close to corners, cutt off, and neutalize his reach, range and movement advantage, and you just watch his magic dissapear.
Isnt that asking to be clinched and taken down?

he seemed slow as hell against stipe...he was getting tagged early on...of course he landed that punch in the clinch and ended it..but up to that point, dc was looking rather slow and sluggish...
DC is hittable but he had a great gameplan against the rangier fighter. Got in close and was landing heavy and often.

Back