Jones has clearly declined as a fighter

Last night’s performance is definitely fuel for skeptics of his controversial PED issues.

Reyes was a tough task. Mostly everyone is getting better.

Jones has been around for long time so everyone knows his game.

Once upon a time Jones was able to take down with ease everyone at LHW whenever he wanted except Cormier.

Now without that takedown superiority, his game is cripled.

Jones is stil good fo another 3-5 years.

He didn't decline. The competition just got better. That's as simple as that. The more he fights, the more people figure out his game.

That was something I think Cruz pointed out - with so many five-round decisions, fighters have literally hours of tape on Jones.

But of course the same people who have protested for a decade that LHW is weak can't fathom that the skill level might have improved by now.

I'm loving the salt from the tears of the Jones haters the morning. Keep em coming.

No matter what excuse you come up with to help you sleep better at night, Jones is the GOAT and has accomplished far more than any other fighter has in the UFC. Over 10 years of defeating legends, and undefeated killers. And still on top.

Deal with it.
I think you're missing the point though. You can be happy Jones won all you want I had money on Jones and turned Profit for me. But by no means did he look like his usual self. Jon Jones has very clearly lost a step. And you don't need to be a "Jones hater" to see that.

Don't let this fight decide that. Look at the smith fight, the Santos fight and this fight and it becomes clear.

To me it seems to be more of a mindset than physicallity. He is too basic and lazy now. Telegraphed double legs, trying too hard to fight long as if the opponent could never touch him.

That was something I think Cruz pointed out - with so many five-round decisions, fighters have literally hours of tape on Jones.

But of course the same people who have protested for a decade that LHW is weak can't fathom that the skill level might have improved by now.

I still remember when Jon first started using his knee kicks and everyone was talking about how unpredictable and innovative that was. Jon's successfully used a lot of techniques that were just not common, and did it with freakish reach that no one had seen before. After so many fights, none of that is a novelty anymore. The element of surprise was always a decisive factor in Jon's success. He doesn't have the skills to be dominant without the element of surprise. Certain fighters are so skilled that they surprise no one and still dominate and destroy. Jon isn't one of those fighters. He has also relied on his reach for his entire career. I remember him in the early days talking about beating UFC guys with a kicboxing background having close to zero striking training. I remember him talking about watching Rashad perform a move and remembering it during a fight and applying it, simple because his arms are so freaking long that he can just force everything without proper technique.

You know there is such thing as roid rage. He’s not allowed to take the full amount anymore hence his lack of aggression.
Or it could be just a matter of not being motivated. Let's be honost, fighting Machida or Shogun must have fired him up more than fighting Reyes

he had the best Run in the UFC as a champion, surpassed GSP and basically undefeated. 10 years in the sport will take its toll...if anything he just proved he's the GOAT.

I think he’s starting to slow down a bit, just a little bit. I also think he’s in the position where he’s been the guy for so long, his challengers have been looking at him and breaking down his game years before they’re close to being on his radar. I’ve said since the Santos fight I believe he will lose one of his next 5 fights.

Jones has now been fighting in the UFC since 2009. No fighter in the history of MMA has been able to have sustained success against elite competition for longer than 10 years. This happened to Fedor, it happened to Anderson, it happened to GSP, and it happened to Aldo. Literally all the greatest fighters in this sport have declined around the time frame Jones is beginning to decline now.

Jones' chin and his natural athleticism is what wins him fights.

He's a very poor fighter, technically or naturally.

Back