Jones has clearly declined as a fighter

That’s usually what happens when you get older...

Is normal.

Jones is up there no doubt. Not hating. To be honest I'm not invested in anyone at LHW. But Jones of 5 years ago would absolutely steamroll these guys who are arguably beating him now.
Of course he would’ve. He was full blown roided at that time.

I give it 2 maybe 3 fights before someone blows him out and there's no debating who won the fight. He's struggling at this point to edge out these decisions... Could you imagine prime JJ against Anthony Smith?! That and when you're at the top every eye is on you. You become the model fighters build there skills around. It's why short of fucking pillow fisted Mayweather most champions don't retire the champion. Everyone loses a step sooner or later. GSP was smart and took his ball and went home once he felt that edge slipping, then cherry picked the easiest MW champ in history to come back and fight for a second title. Bottom line Jones is starting on his downward slope. Is a great fighter, one of the best ever scandals and everything aside. But he won't be on top for much longer.

What has changed since the first Gus (remember how he said he did not train for that <Lmaoo> ) fight back in 2013?

...Nothing but less peds. Prove me wrong!
I'm tired of how Rogan always pushes the "Jones didn't train for Gus" narrative. It's just a way to pump up Jones and diminish what Gus accomplished. We have no real idea how hard he trained for that or any other fight.

Jon lost his smile

I think people need to get over their nostalgia and admit the current crop are just better. Reyes is LEGIT.

I was about to say this. Reyes has never looked that good like he did last night.. I did not think he was great against Volkan.. But last night that was a performance he put on. He is huge, and strong, and athletic. But like you said Nostalgia. So if I say to people how does Reyes match up with prime versions of

Chuck
Rampage
Shogun etc.

"Oh Reyes gets his ass kicked fucking kidding me"? I think he would be a handful for any of them..

I'm tired of how Rogan always pushes the "Jones didn't train for Gus" narrative. It's just a way to pump up Jones and diminish what Gus accomplished. We have no real idea how hard he trained for that or any other fight.
Indeed! Totaly unfair to Gus who was the first to truly expose Jones.

I guess we should believe Jones did not train for OSP, Santos, Reyes either....or was it something else missing.

Jon lost his smile

underrated post.

tumblr_lu7tkoINdZ1r5y36co1_400.gif

He has lost his fluidity and speed that were huge factors in his early dominance. General fight IQ is still best in the business I'd say.

This is all normal people.

Wait what about the 2nd Gus fight? That was pretty recent.

Was Jones on picos during Gustafsson second fight?

I'm loving the salt from the tears of the Jones haters the morning. Keep em coming.

No matter what excuse you come up with to help you sleep better at night, Jones is the GOAT and has accomplished far more than any other fighter has in the UFC. Over 10 years of defeating legends, and undefeated killers. And still on top.

Deal with it.
what if i agree with everything other than the decision last night?

I was about to say this. Reyes has never looked that good like he did last night.. I did not think he was great against Volkan.. But last night that was a performance he put on. He is huge, and strong, and athletic. But like you said Nostalgia. So if I say to people how does Reyes match up with prime versions of

Chuck
Rampage
Shogun etc.

"Oh Reyes gets his ass kicked fucking kidding me"? I think he would be a handful for any of them..
Man it is refreshing to see an OG Sherdogger say this. I 100% agree.

I wish DC got to fight the somewhat cleaner Jones we see today.

Proud Jones hater here. Reyes did better then anyone vs Jones with the exception of Gus #1.
Just blew his wad in 1-3 and didn't show that much in rounds 4 & 5. Very close, should be am immediate rematch, yet Jones & his team will play meme battle with Israel A and throw out social media rumor crumbs about a move up to HW (which Ain't happening anytime soon).
All to keep people distracted from the draw we arguably saw last night, perhaps even a Reyes points win.

As for the Juice, most everyone at top level is on some manner of gear. It helps you as a performer in all sorts of endeavors. It's up to the individual and what they desire out of life. None of us are top level prize fighters or professional athletes, yet anyone over 45 or 50, should get on the high quality gear to live a better quality of life.
in 30 years, as tech advances and helps people live much better for much longer, they will laugh and shake their heads at us and all this anti-Ped moralism.

Back