Jones has clearly declined as a fighter

wilKO

Green, White & Gold belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Since his bust for picograms Jones has clearly declined as a fighter. Now that he is only allowed some steroids and not loads of steroids he is no longer the untouchable fighter he was when fully Tropicana'd.

It's funny when people say PEDs don't make you a better fighter. Look at Vitor. And now look at Jones.

I see him barely squeezing by Corey Anderson by a controversial majority decision and im favoriting Bader in a rematch.

Last edited:
The biggest thing for me is he doesn't seem willing to risk it all to get the win now. Whether that's a confidence thing or a skill thing only he knows

He was losing that 4th round against Gus until he went for a spinning elbow and unloaded on him for the last 30 seconds.
If last night Reyes was winning that 4th round and Jones had to pull something out of the bag to win it, I don't think he'd even try

Since his bust for picograms Jones has clearly declined as a fighter. Now that he is only allowed some steroids and not loads of steroids he is no longer the untouchable fighter he was when fully Tropicana'd.

It's funny when people say PEDs don't make you a better fighter. Look at Vitor. And now look at Jones.

I'm loving the salt from the tears of the Jones haters this morning. Keep em coming.

No matter what excuse you come up with to help you sleep better at night, Jones is the GOAT and has accomplished far more than any other fighter has in the UFC. Over 10 years of defeating legends, and undefeated killers. And still on top.

Deal with it.

Last edited:
He's not getting brutally ko'd/retiring, like some other GOAT contenders who suddenly "declined"

Also did he came in too light for this fight? He never has any issues making weight but he was very happy about his weight in the embedded show, not a big deal but he even had a hat on at weigh-ins, need fight night weigh-ins to be a thing across every state, even if only for informative purposes.

Agree fully. He hasn't fought often enough to be shopworn, he's still athletic but his aggression and desire to finish his opponents is missing.

He's experiencing a similar decline to so many other fighters that occurred when USADA was brought in.

He didn't decline. The competition just got better. That's as simple as that. The more he fights, the more people figure out his game.

I'm loving the salt from the tears of the Jones haters the morning. Keep me coming.

No matter what excuse you come up with to help you sleep better at night, Jones is the GOAT and has accomplished far more than any other fighter has in the UFC. Over 10 years of defeating legends, and undefeated killers. And still on top.

Deal with it.

Jones is up there no doubt. Not hating. To be honest I'm not invested in anyone at LHW. But Jones of 5 years ago would absolutely steamroll these guys who are arguably beating him now.

Agreed TS, he seems to be off the picos and his performance is showing it.

Second gift decision in a row, what other champion can lose two fights in a row and still allowed to walk around with the belt?
<1>

[B said:
It's funny when people say PEDs don't make you a better fighter.[/B] Look at Vitor. And now look at Jones.
I'm not hearing people say that. PED's are needed by most to and stay at the top of many sports. Been that way since the 60's in lifting, football and track and field.

Agree fully. He hasn't fought often enough to be shopworn, he's still athletic but his aggression and desire to finish his opponents is missing.

He's experiencing a similar decline to so many other fighters that occurred when USADA was brought in.

Horsemeat is a very well known condifence/aggression booster, so I let anyone draw their own conclusions ( haven't seen the fight yet )

I'm a big Jones fan but it seems like he lost his fire

yep, Jones used to ragdoll everyone. Now it's just competitive fights that he arguably loses. No flash, just a boring decision machine like GSP.

What has changed since the first Gus (remember how he said he did not train for that <Lmaoo> ) fight back in 2013?

...Nothing but less peds. Prove me wrong!

I think people need to get over their nostalgia and admit the current crop are just better. Reyes is LEGIT.

Back