Jones-Gustafsson - Can we all agree on this:

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by supark, Sep 22, 2013.

1. supark

supark Guest

If we just look at what happened in the first 4 rounds (and we forget about the last minute of the 4th round), so we just say the 4th round was only 4 minutes long. So now we have a "fresh, unhurt" Gustafsson against a "fresh, unhurt" Jon Jones. And now we look at what happened in the fight from a technical point of view:

I felt Gustafsson completely dominated the fight from a technical standpoint. Even though I scored the 2nd round a draw, I scored the 1st, the 3rd and the 4th (if we assume it were only 4 minutes long) for Gustafsson.
    Can we agree that Jones was clearly outstruck and also outwrestled (meaning he tried to take Gustafsson down a billion times and it never worked [but once]).
    The 5th round had nothing to do with technique anymore because Gustafsson was super gassed after he got hurt in the last minute of the 4th.
    But a fresh Gustafsson technically dominated Jon Jones for 4 rounds with the 2nd round being pretty even.

2. StockyardStoic

StockyardStoic Green Belt

You can't score a round a draw.

3. Fawlty

Fawlty Guest

Yeah if you pick only the parts where Gus had success, he was more successful.

4. supark

supark Guest

I know it is a 10 point must system, but wasn't that different not too long ago?
    Furthermore there are different systems of the "10 point must system". I remember in boxing Larry Holmes vs Ken Norton was under that system but it was allowed to score even rounds. The commentators themselves did it.

5. Zerwas1

Zerwas1 White Belt

48-47 either way was ok
    the one judge scoring it 49-46 was an idiot

6. styopa

styopa Banned Banned

:icon_lol:

7. SherdogJoe

SherdogJoe Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Umm yes you can, you can have a 10-10 round.

8. bdubbs822

bdubbs822 Green Belt

Jones won, get over it. It was a great fight.

9. bdubbs822

bdubbs822 Green Belt

Some people have selective memory.

10. Riodejaneirofan

Riodejaneirofan Green Belt

I scored this fight for Gus, he won that fight and im not ok with jones keeping his belt, the only moment a felt jones was the aggressor was the last min of the 4th round and the 5th round.

11. DickNiaz1

DickNiaz1 Purple Belt

Idiot. You shouldn't post on forums until you learn more about the sport. There are 10-10 rounds and 9-9 rounds if a point is deducted from the guy who won the round.

12. jerk

jerk Blue Belt

Yes. Gustafsson is a better fighter than Jones. The majority of people agree with that - even the half wits who JUST KNEW that Jones 'waz gon pound out dat fool' or however it's urban-Americanly spelt. There is nothing really to 'prove' or 'debate'.

13. Jesse James

Jesse James Chastity Belt

Round one - Gus, round two - Gus, round three - Gus, round 4 - Jones, round 5- even (could of went either way).........One judge had gus winning one round!! Other two judges had gus winning 2 rounds & Jones 3...it was a fukin' robbery....Jones was bleeding from his right eye, left eye was almost closed, bleeding profusely from the mouth...Lips were cut up...face swollen....Gus had one cut on his forehead from a spinning elbow in the 4th round...Jones had to be helped out of the cage....had a trainer on each arm carrying him back to his dressing room.....crowd was screaming "Loser", "U lost asshole", "U bought the judges", etc etc...the crowd when they walked Jones thru to his dressing room were super pissed! .Jones knew he lost, but wouldn't admit it of course....worse damn judging I ever seen...Reminded me of Boxing!!!

14. mungos

mungos Purple Belt

No.
    Gus got caught and it went downhill from that point on and that cost him the fight - simple.

15. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

Yes, you can.

16. Disco Albino

Disco Albino Black Belt

Also, only right elbow strikes are allowed. Left elbows will result in a DQ.

See, I can make shit up too.

17. Troublesome10

Troublesome10 non serviam belt

I had it for Gus as well, but being from Toronto I'm disgusted at that level of disrespect on the crowd's part. Jones was humble and respectful in victory and it was a great fight by both men.

18. PAPERCLIP30

PAPERCLIP30 Silver Belt

If we consider only the last minute of the fourth round as the whole fight, Jones ruined him.

19. PAPERCLIP30

PAPERCLIP30 Silver Belt

Yeah it was a lot closer than that. Please don't let your hatred for Jones blind you