Jones/Gus is first fight with this much disagreement about Media/Viewer Judging

dragonclaw

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Almost all media sites, including Sherdog scored the fight for Jones (rightfully so), yet all the fans are saying Gustafsson won.

Very interesting, not sure this has ever happened before.

Usually it's the media and viewers speaking in one voice about a robbery, but in this case it seems it's just the viewers, which leads me to believe we just have a lot of Jones haters speaking up.

Right, OR we have a lot of media members that are Jones nuthuggers/want to see the record broken/were paid off.

The media is incredibly biased if you hadn't already noticed.

I'm surprised everyone is so sure one way or the other. No one ran away with any of the first 3 rounds.

All the fans rooting for Gus are gonna score it for him because all jones did is usually ignored. I did the same thing. I wanted Gus to win and everytime Gus was winning I was off the chair, when jones was doing his shit i was just ignoring it waiting to see Gus's response/counter. It didnt help Gus running away from jones tose couple times..................:(

I thought Alex won too...Rounds 1-3 Alex......4 and 5 Jones............in Pride under total damage Jones wins but in a 10 point system Alex won

The fact is a majority of fans don't like Jones. This fight had a lot of close rounds that could have went either way The fans scored everything with a dispute for Gus because they didn't like Jones and the media scored everything with a dispute for Jones because he's the champ. Most people don't realize it when but when a round is to close to call you usually pick the person you want.

I thought Alex won too...Rounds 1-3 Alex......4 and 5 Jones............in Pride under total damage Jones wins but in a 10 point system Alex won

Nah. Jones won 3-5. I think people just didn't notice him winning rd 3 because it wasn't a huge "c omee from behind" surge like we saw in rd 4. Gus still looked fine in that round and was still holding his own, but Jones did just a little more that round to eke out the 10-9.

Did you see Jones' face? Hooooooly shit he got fucked up.

Almost all media sites, including Sherdog scored the fight for Jones (rightfully so), yet all the fans are saying Gustafsson won.

Very interesting, not sure this has ever happened before.

Usually it's the media and viewers speaking in one voice about a robbery, but in this case it seems it's just the viewers, which leads me to believe we just have a lot of Jones haters speaking up.

Its mostly haters

Jones controlled the pace and pretty much the fight and most of us understood he did enough to win and Gus didnt do enough to win.

I'm not a huge Jones fan and I wanted Gustafson to win - I had jones winning 3 rounds to 2, although I cant be specific who won what rounds. Maybe 1, 3 Gustaffson, 2 4 5 Jones or something. Either way it was close.

The answer to this is rather simple.

Jon Jones is one of the single most hated MMA-ists and, as such, people blindly scream that there is no way he won the fight.

The fight could have gone either way and anyone screaming that it was a robbery, that Gustafson DEFINITELY won OR that Jones DEFINITELY won is being nothing but a biased, ridiculous hater/fanboy.

Round 1 was a DEFINITIVE Gustafson round.
Round 2 was edged by Jones in the opinions of many, if not most.
Round 3 was the closest of the fight, could have gone either way but was probably edged by Gustafson.
Rounds 4 and 5 were OBVIOUS Jones rounds.

Not a single round of this fight was DOMINATED by anyone. Every round was competitive/close.

To scream robbery, or that one fighter DEFINITELY won is nothing but obnoxious, childish bullshit.

Fantastic fight, could have been scored either way.

Move. The. Fuck. On.

gus absolutely dominated round 1 and 3. jones took 4 and 5. that only leaves round 2 for debate and I think gus had the upperhand due to his phenomenal striking

gus absolutely dominated round 1 and 3. jones took 4 and 5. that only leaves round 2 for debate and I think gus had the upperhand due to his phenomenal striking

That's the round in which Jones outlanded him by the largest margin...

The answer to this is rather simple.

Jon Jones is one of the single most hated MMA-ists and, as such, people blindly scream that there is no way he won the fight.

The fight could have gone either way and anyone screaming that it was a robbery, that Gustafson DEFINITELY won OR that Jones DEFINITELY won is being nothing but a biased, ridiculous hater/fanboy.

Round 1 was a DEFINITIVE Gustafson round.
Round 2 was edged by Jones in the opinions of many, if not most.
Round 3 was the closest of the fight, could have gone either way but was probably edged by Gustafson.
Rounds 4 and 5 were OBVIOUS Jones rounds.

Not a single round of this fight was DOMINATED by anyone. Every round was competitive/close.

To scream robbery, or that one fighter DEFINITELY won is nothing but obnoxious, childish bullshit.

Fantastic fight, could have been scored either way.

Move. The. Fuck. On.

I can agree with you on the point that people saying that Gustafsson definitely are obnoxious, but to say that about Jones is understandable.

Not surprising because here at sherdog Bones has about as many haters as I've ever seen a fighter have.

You got that wrong way round mate

Back