Jones Grabbing the Cage

Do you really have to ask? I think you like seeing people spam insults at jones. Silva didn't get a DUI, Silva didn't pretend the fight is over for a cheap shot, silva didn't pull half the classless antics, Silva this and Silva that. That's why. You might as well be comparing a saint to adolf hitler as far as people are concerned.
Silva was no saint. I remember people being furious about him grabbing gloves and shorts and many hated his showboating. Facts are, he never cheapshotted in that way and that was what I was addressing.
He's just a hater in disguise, imagine the blind fury if the situation was reversed and Jones had struck Herb Dean in the face while trying to land illegal after the bell punches.

He cheapshotted him with no time left, that's asking for that shit. I'm not going to blame DC for that and I certainly wouldn't blame Jon if the shoe was on the other foot.

This one?

image.JPG

Jokes aside, it's a natural reaction. I don't fault anyone for reaching for the fence while being taken down. Doing it in the clinch, while grappling, etc. is much more of a voluntary action than the involuntary reaction of grabbing something to avoid being flung through the air.

Last edited:
When George smashed Diaz after all the trash talk, he was pretty kind to him even tho he could have shat all over him. When Anderson beat Chael in the rematch, he invited him home to a BBQ. Both guys were able to let shit go.

The era of strong silent types holding belts is over. We are in an era of Floyd wannabes.

Pettis is a punk, but he sure can fight and he seemed pretty silent in his last two heated victories. Cain definitely fits a silent champion as well. Might Mouse and Aldo too. Especially Lawler, who seems extremely classy. They aren't going anywhere luckily.

He cheapshotted him with no time left, that's asking for that shit. I'm not going to blame DC for that and I certainly wouldn't blame Jon if the shoe was on the other foot.

Cheap shotted him.. during a ufc fight? He's in a fight, one goal of fighting is to punch the other guy in the face.

You're delusional by how hard you're squeezing onto the dough boy's ballsack. Pretend to be a fan some more, just another hater crying.

Jon is the guy you love to hate. Nothing wrong with that. He's one of my favorites so doesn't bother me LOL

Cheap shotted him.. during a ufc fight? He's in a fight, one goal of fighting is to punch the other guy in the face.

You're delusional by how hard you're squeezing onto the dough boy's ballsack. Pretend to be a fan some more, just another hater crying.

I've commended Jon for his ability, his victory, and his improvement in certain techniques. I have also been honest in my disapproval of his actions, which yes mean nothing as he counts his money or whatever, but it's a forum for goodness sakes. It was a cheap shot. I don't care if the bell didn't ring yet, that's as low as faking a glove touch, if not worse since he already had the victory and wasn't acting out of desperation.

Pettis is a punk, but he sure can fight and he seemed pretty silent in his last two heated victories. Cain definitely fits a silent champion as well. Might Mouse and Aldo too. Especially Lawler, who seems extremely classy. They aren't going anywhere luckily.

Ya but look at the upcomers. Conor is a Floyd copycat to a T. From bragging about gate numbers to the way he dresses. And people are eating it up just like they are with Floyd. I think eventually most fighters will act this way. At least the ones who wanna get paid.

I would have been disappointed, no doubt, I would have called them bother douchebags in that instance honestly. It's not reaching at all. I've been an MMA and fight fan for many years, I have never seen anyone do that. I have seen many put there hands up in celebration with a couple seconds left though when they have the decision win, no has ever thrown a punch at their opponent when they drop their hands.

There's always a first. You seem to think that this isn't within the unified rules of MMA. Was Jones supposed to help Cormier up after the 4th round too because he is the champion? Not sure what your ideals for a champion are, but he's under no obligation to satisfy whatever ideals you or I or ANYONE has for him, champion or not. This was legal and no reason for any uproar. I'd suggest for you to not expect any Buddhist ideals from him.

I just wanted Jones get slammed. Why Jones? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I've commended Jon for his ability, his victory, and his improvement in certain techniques. I have also been honest in my disapproval of his actions, which yes mean nothing as he counts his money or whatever, but it's a forum for goodness sakes. It was a cheap shot. I don't care if the bell didn't ring yet, that's as low as faking a glove touch, if not worse since he already had the victory and wasn't acting out of desperation.

Did he finish the fight? The fight wasn't over, worse decisions have been called.

Ya but look at the upcomers. Conor is a Floyd copycat to a T. From bragging about gate numbers to the way he dresses. And people are eating it up just like they are with Floyd. I think eventually most fighters will act this way. At least the ones who wanna get paid.

There's a reason there are only a couple of those guys in the various sports. You speak like that, then get punched so hard that you shit yourself, you stop talking that way. It takes extreme confidence and balls to keep that persona up, and even more skill and ability to back it up.

I damn sure would. I've had to tell people most of the guys aren't douche bags in real life, its an act to make money. There are a handful of legitimate dick heads in mma but I will not name them for obvious reasons.

There's always a first. You seem to think that this isn't within the unified rules of MMA. Was Jones supposed to help Cormier up after the 4th round too because he is the champion? Not sure what your ideals for a champion are, but he's under no obligation to satisfy whatever ideals you or I or ANYONE has for him, champion or not. This was legal and no reason for any uproar. I'd suggest for you to not expect any Buddhist ideals from him.[/QUPlOTE]
A first, but not justified. Are you ok with fake glove taps?
I just wanted Jones get slammed. Why Jones? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
He did technically.
Did he finish the fight? The fight wasn't over, worse decisions have been called.

Why were his hands up in victory? Why did he throw shots at Dan when his hand dropped? You seriously don't think he threw those for anything other than anger? Love the sig by the way. :wink:

Fyi, the RIP in my sig is my deceased friend. Not sarcasm.

A first, but not justified. Are you ok with fake glove taps?

If you are comparing a fake glove tap to what happened tonight then :icon_lol:

It wasn't like Cormier was tricked into dropping his hands ahead of time before the bell. Surely both men were aware that the round had ended, so for you to fixate on one fighter's actions and not the other's. Blame Cormier for being broken and allowing himself to get taken advantage of, Jones broke no rule whatsoever. Again, try putting your standards aside. Like Shakespeare said:

"Expectation is the root of all heartaches"​

If you are comparing a fake glove tap to what happened tonight then :icon_lol:

It wasn't like Cormier was tricked into dropping his hands ahead of time before the bell. Surely both men were aware that the round had ended, so for you to fixate on one fighter's actions and not the other's. Blame Cormier for being broken and allowing himself to get taken advantage of, Jones broke no rule whatsoever. Again, try putting your standards aside. Like Shakespeare said:

"Expectation is the root of all heartaches"​
He was tricked, he either hit him with his hands up and Jon could cry foul, or he took a cheap shot. You know it's regular to see that ever so early celebration and no one punches opponents that put their hands down at that point. I can't believe people can argue this.
Yeah, but I was hoping for a Henderson style slam lol. Oh well.

I didn't expect it. Trying to slam a lanky guy like that is very near impossible, the weight distribution is chaos, takedowns are still possible though and Jon did great at defending them up until the 5th.

He was tricked, he either hit him with his hands up and Jon could cry foul, or he took a cheap shot. You know it's regular to see that ever so early celebration and no one punches opponents that put their hands down at that point. I can't believe people can argue this..

Cheap shot would ensue that he was breaking the rules somehow. He wasn't. Remember Daley vs Koscheck? That was a cheap shot. Again, it might have been arrogant on Jones' behalf but not his fault that Cormier was baited into doing that. I don't think Cormier complained about that in the post-fight. Literary nobody is offended at what happened, but I guess since this is Jones then its mandatory. Even then, you have to think that Cormier was exhausted from going 5 rounds with Jon Jones and it was instinct to drop his hands from fatigue. That's normal. It wasn't the same as a fake glove touch or whatever.

As long as he doesn't break the rules, eyepokes included, and doesn't include foul tactics, fake glove tap included, then he is in the clear. Its not very hard to comprehend.

We all know that without the cage grab DC was winning this fight.

Oh and JJ is such a fake christian, etc.

Cheap shot would ensue that he was breaking the rules somehow. He wasn't. Remember Daley vs Koscheck? That was a cheap shot. Again, it might have been arrogant on Jones' behalf but not his fault that Cormier was baited into doing that. I don't think Cormier complained about that in the post-fight. Literary nobody is offended at what happened, but I guess since this is Jones then its mandatory. Even then, you have to think that Cormier was exhausted from going 5 rounds with Jon Jones and it was instinct to drop his hands from fatigue. That's normal. It wasn't the same as a fake glove touch or whatever.

As long as he doesn't break the rules, eyepokes included, and doesn't include foul tactics, fake glove tap included, then he is in the clear. Its not very hard to comprehend.

It's not something that is going to explicitly be listed in the rules. Faking a glove tap isn't against the rules either but it's universally considered a dirty move. People are losing their shit tonight because there were such high emotions on both sides, just thinking anything that isn't wholly positive is getting people flamed as "haters".

Back