Jones Grabbing the Cage

Jon put his hands up, DC conceded, then Jon clearly sucker punched him. Of course DC went after him after that.

You're delusional, this is MMA, protect yourself at all times. Jones didn't fake touch gloves at the beginning of the fight, if DC isn't savvy enough to realize the fight was still going on that's his own problem

1z3xrae.gif

The eye poke didn't seem too malicious, I didn't hold it against him and it was my biggest fear leading in to the fight.

Well there is no doubt in my mind its intentional. It can't be an accident this many times. Jones is a dirty fighter.

Cool story bro. What's with the douchebags flooding Sherdog tonight? Where were these braggadocious clowns before Jon won, Sherdog was almost entirely pro DC it seemed.

Still pro DC. Judging by how the fight was scored no way he could have left victorious without a KO anyway. Fuck that guy.

Jones should of been disqualified. But as usual, the refs are paid off.
Get out of here, punk. I don't need trolls in my threads.
You and I, and all of us who see it for what it is, We're labeled the jones haters, when were actually the only ones not glazed by Jones semen
I called Jon to win the belt back when he fought Bonnar, I was a huge fan even when he destroyed my favorite fighter for the title. It's hard seeing someone with so much skill and ability completely ruin their reputation and legacy by acting like a fool. It is history, no doubt. Just makes me miss Fedor honestly.
Did you like how he acted at the end of the fight? Doesn't seems like he's changed for the better. DC also fought him in close whereas he mostly pokes his opponents at range.

I was very disappointed. He should have shrugged DC off and acted like a man, that was childish and put a sour taste in everybody but the immature fairweather fan's mouths.

I was really proud of him honestly, I was telling all my friends that he was doing much better. It wasn'tnearly as bad as normal, hopefully he sticks with that because I did appreciate it greatly.

I laughed when Rogan said "and there's the first eye poke"

Well there is no doubt in my mind its intentional. It can't be an accident this many times. Jones is a dirty fighter.
I honestly believe he made an effort to avoid it this fight and it was only force of habit that caused it. I saw an improvement in that regard and I commend it.
You're delusional, this is MMA, protect yourself at all times. Jones didn't fake touch gloves at the beginning of the fight, if DC isn't savvy enough to realize the fight was still going on that's his own problem

That is ridiculous. DC could have swung on him there, he gave Jon an inch and he took a mile. It was bullshit, the most repugnant moment of his career honestly.

Jon put his hands up, DC conceded, then Jon clearly sucker punched him. Of course DC went after him after that.

The bell hadn't rung. DC should be aware of that. So if Bones just raised his hands up a minute into the fight, DC would stop?

I honestly believe he made an effort to avoid it this fight and it was only force of habit that caused it. I saw an improvement in that regard and I commend it.

That is ridiculous. DC could have swung on him there, he gave Jon an inch and he took a mile. It was bullshit, the most repugnant moment of his career honestly.

Well I knew it was coming. I'm sure he will do it again in his next fight.

Its not just Jones either. We see this kind of stuff happen every UFC card now, its ridiculous. Someone is going to have to get blinded or lose an eye for something to change.

The bell hadn't rung. DC should be aware of that. So if Bones just raised his hands up a minute into the fight, DC would stop?

No but with a couple seconds left, DC let him celebrate without punching him and Jon swung the moment he saw him exposed. That deception and low as shit, not the way a real champion acts.

This is MMA, not hockey, not football, not basketball, Jon didn't break the rules and there was no lack of sportsmanship.

Cry more about the fact DC was outclassed and was made to look like a rookie, he obviously was unaware with how much time was left in the fight and ate some punches because of it.

The fact is DC hit the champion and the ref after the bell, get the nuts from off of your eyes and see that. If Jones had done the same, he'd be crucified.

No but with a couple seconds left, DC let him celebrate without punching him and Jon swung the moment he saw him exposed. That deception and low as shit, not the way a real champion acts.

Anderson Silva did a whole lot of showboating when he was champion. Nobody seemed to mind. Why does Jones get dragged because of tonight?

I honestly don't want to add unnecessary fire to the flame, but in the replay it looked as if Jones said something while throwing those punches. Is there any gif of that? Maybe he was just breathing out as he threw, but I was wondering since it was only a brief replay.

Well I knew it was coming. I'm sure he will do it again in his next fight.

Its not just Jones either. We see this kind of stuff happen every UFC card now, its ridiculous. Someone is going to have to get blinded or lose an eye for something to change.
If it does persist, I'm sure we will see new gloves used. Men have already payed the price, ask Sherdog's own Alan Belcher.
This is MMA, not hockey, not football, not basketball, Jon didn't break the rules and there was no lack of sportsmanship.

Cry more about the fact DC was outclassed and was made to look like a rookie, he obviously was unaware with how much time was left in the fight and ate some punches because of it.

The fact is DC hit the champion and the ref after the bell, get the nuts from off of your eyes and see that. If Jones had done the same, he'd be crucified.

This post barely makes sense in reference to my statements. It was clearly lack of sportsmanship. DC got drug in to it but he obviously was going to let Jon have his moment there, the punches came after the cheap shot.

Anderson Silva did a whole lot of showboating when he was champion. Nobody seemed to mind. Why does Jones get dragged because of tonight?

It wasn't showboating that was the problem. It was the punch he threw in the moment. Anderson never put his hands up in victory with a couple seconds to go and then snuck a punch or two after his opponent gave it to him. There is a clear difference.

I fucking love your av by the way.

It wasn't showboating that was the problem. It was the punch he threw in the moment. Anderson never put his hands up in victory with a couple seconds to go and then snuck a punch or two after his opponent gave it to him. There is a clear difference.

I fucking love your av by the way.

That's reaching. Cormier hitting after the bell was worse. It sounds more like Cormier's fault for being baited into dropping his hands and none of Jon's fault. Would you have gotten after Cormier if it was him and not Jones?

Do you really have to ask? I think you like seeing people spam insults at jones. Silva didn't get a DUI, Silva didn't pretend the fight is over for a cheap shot, silva didn't pull half the classless antics, Silva this and Silva that. That's why. You might as well be comparing a saint to adolf hitler as far as people are concerned.

That's reaching. Cormier hitting after the bell was worse. It sounds more like Cormier's fault for being baited into dropping his hands and none of Jon's fault. Would you have gotten after Cormier if it was him and not Jones?

He's just a hater in disguise, imagine the blind fury if the situation was reversed and Jones had struck Herb Dean in the face while trying to land illegal after the bell punches.

I would have been disappointed, no doubt, I would have called them bother douchebags in that instance honestly. It's not reaching at all. I've been an MMA and fight fan for many years, I have never seen anyone do that. I have seen many put there hands up in celebration with a couple seconds left though when they have the decision win, no has ever thrown a punch at their opponent when they drop their hands.

I would have been disappointed, no doubt, I would have called them bother douchebags in that instance honestly. It's not reaching at all. I've been an MMA and fight fan for many years, I have never seen anyone do that. I have seen many put there hands up in celebration with a couple seconds left though when they have the decision win, no has ever thrown a punch at their opponent when they drop their hands.

You're arguments are moronic.

Jones struck Cormier within the confines of the unified rules.

Cormier assaulted Jones after the final bell rung, in the process striking Herb Dean.

If Jones had thrown punches after the bell what would your reaction be? A lot different considering you're just a hater in disguise.

Get out of here, punk. I don't need trolls in my threads.

I called Jon to win the belt back when he fought Bonnar, I was a huge fan even when he destroyed my favorite fighter for the title. It's hard seeing someone with so much skill and ability completely ruin their reputation and legacy by acting like a fool. It is history, no doubt. Just makes me miss Fedor honestly.

I was very disappointed. He should have shrugged DC off and acted like a man, that was childish and put a sour taste in everybody but the immature fairweather fan's mouths.

When George smashed Diaz after all the trash talk, he was pretty kind to him even tho he could have shat all over him. When Anderson beat Chael in the rematch, he invited him home to a BBQ. Both guys were able to let shit go.

The era of strong silent types holding belts is over. We are in an era of Floyd wannabes.

Back