Jones gave Dana the evil eye?

The_Wall

Often Imitated...Never Duplicated
@purple
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that at about the 31 min 25 second mark of the Jones Cormier post fight press conference (on the ufc YouTube channel) that Jon gives Dana the evil eye? Jon is talking about how at Jackson's they embrace the grind and that they are the best team in the world etc. Then someone in the back cheers and Dana says "that was Greg". Jon then turns to face him and kinda looks him up and down with disgust. Dana pauses and says I was just kidding. I'm not sure but I think they were talking on the MMA beat how Jones and Dana had agreement that Dana wouldn't bash Greg in public anymore? Is that right? Anyways I just found the whole situation entertaining. Jon has come a long way from the young kid who entered the UFC. He can now stare down the boss and get him to fold. Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Prolly did a line before the conference and had that coke anger ready to unleash. Dana who's been around that all his life knew when it was time to back off.

I think he just didn't get the joke. I didn't either at first.

Why doesn't Dana like Greg??

Good find. I love how jones reacts after dana says he's kidding

I think he just didn't get the joke. I didn't either at first.

Yeah this

I commented earlier that jones seemed totally different in post presser than anything weve seen before. Now that we know he had already popped for blow maybe he had wind of the news or an idea. Less than 48 hours later hes in rehab

Why doesn't Dana like Greg??

It's thoroughly documented that Dana feels that Greg Jackson encourages his fighters to employ boring "fight-not-to-lose" gameplans. Jackson's Yoda-like approach to fighting and his inclination towards tactics, strategies, and point-scoring will naturally clash with a promoter like Dana who is hellbent on the belief that pay-per-views are only bolstered by KO's, submissions, and the killer instinct...

It was more like a father making a joke of his son and his son getting all pissy so he says hes joking to calm the little whiner down.

I didn't notice it at the live presser. I think Ariel commented on it so I went back to see. It made me laugh.

It's thoroughly documented that Dana feels that Greg Jackson encourages his fighters to employ boring "fight-not-to-lose" gameplans. Jackson's Yoda-like approach to fighting and his inclination towards tactics, strategies, and point-scoring will naturally clash with a promoter like Dana who is hellbent on the belief that pay-per-views are only bolstered by KO's, submissions, and the killer instinct...

Took the words right out of my mouth. Well said. I think Dana's relationship with Greg is an awkward love hate thing at times but ultimately they know it's best to stay on good terms even brash Dana can't resist the urge to throw in a jab here and there.

I think instead of "That was Greg" Jon thought he said "I have some crack".

Back