Jones felt he won decisevly

This is not Tiger having a bad day on the golf circuit. Jones not looking his best was a direct result of Alex doing very well in their fight.

Keep telling yourself that. :icon_lol:

What else would tell me differently? From what we could see, from what Dana and Greg Jackson have said, and from what has been reported Jones was "carried" to the hospital due to the foot injury.

You aren't objective. You are saying Jon "almost" caved his face in but who walked out of the arena on their own two feet? Certainly wasn't your dream guy.

Have you not heard or are you just ignoring that Jones was taken to the hospital due to his foot injury?

Nice punctuation, TS.

As to Jones- whatever, if Gus wins again a couple of times they might get to fight again anyway.

This is not Tiger having a bad day on the golf circuit. Jones not looking his best was a direct result of Alex doing very well in their fight.

Agreed. Gus fought a helluva fight, his respect is due and earned!

Do you think that the shock value of how well Gus fought has anything to do with how many people think he actually won the fight?

It must suck that the only fighter to get visibly rocked during the fight was the one making his opponent's stand-up look "pathetic." What does that say about Gus that someone with pathetic looking stand-up could rock him and he couldn't do the same to the guy with pathetic looking stand-up?

Hell, give me 25 minutes and I'll make a few full court shots. Wouldn't bet on it though, evidentally Jones wouldn't either.

he won the decision on all judges scorecards.
essentially all the media scored it for Jones.
Big John even said he had it for Jones.

about half of the fans score it for Jones, which is saying a lot seeing how he is easily one of the most hated fighters, if not the most thanks to his success and visibility.

I wouldn't say it was decisive, it was a close fight. But he won it without much controversy outside of the vocal minority on the internet, poor choice of words but I actually like how he irritates the haters so much.

Just when Jones was earning my respect by surviving a hard fought battle and never giving up. This reminds me of Machida after the Shogun fight and we all know what happened in the rematch.

Jones must have been at 70% because he over trained his boxing... Ya that's it...

about half of the fans score it for Jones, which is saying a lot seeing how he is easily one of the most hated fighters, if not the most thanks to his success and visibility.

This is demonstrably false. Polls on Sherdog, the underground, other MMA forums, have it at about 70% even greater for Gustafsson. Fans on social media have it for Gustafsson except for a smallish minority. Most professional fighters scored it for Gus, outside of Jackson affiliated fighters.

Don't try to spin and lie. You come across badly.

MMA media sites know not to bite the hand that feeds, if they piss Dana/Zuffa off they will get blacklisted. They aren't truly impartial.

hto63 said:
about half of the fans score it for Jones,
Are you going to straight up fucking lie some more? What, did you think nobody has seen the results? Or are you so bad at math that you honestly believe that 32% is "almost half"? :icon_lol:

Fucking clown.

I'd love to see the rematch because I heard that Gus was only 67% for this fight.
So the handicap was about even and they are a good matchup for each other if they both show up 100%.

This is demonstrably false. Polls on Sherdog, the underground, other MMA forums, have it at about 70% even greater for Gustafsson. Fans on social media have it for Gustafsson except for a smallish minority. Most professional fighters scored it for Gus, outside of Jackson affiliated fighters.

Don't try to spin and lie. You come across badly.

so why did the judges all decide on Jones. Why did the media? Why did the guy who reffed the fight?

A lot of fighters wanted him to lose as badly as a lot of fans did probably.

Too bad nobody relevant agreed.

Are you going to straight up fucking lie some more? What, did you think nobody has seen the results? Or are you so bad at math that you honestly believe that 32% is "almost half"? :icon_lol:

Fucking clown.

Because those statistics are obviously not flawed since everyone who sees no controversy with it and is therefore doing some more meaningful things than trolling the haters is less likely to participatte.

While we all know where the Jones haters are. On the forums, crying their hearts out and bitching like they always do!

But please, keep on going. That's why I am here :D

I love how all the hater claim most people scored the fight for Jones...No most of sherdog scored the fight for Jones and most of sherdog fucking hates Jones! sherdog is a very, very small portion of the people who watch mma.

Jones 1,2,4,5

Gus didn't even stumble, what are you watching? He hit Gus with an elbow, Gus back pedals out and blocks the rest of his shots before stuffing a take down from Jon Jones.

So you're under the impression a rocked, almost face caved zombie Gus could out wrestle and grapple Jon Jones? You are honestly beyond reason, argument, etc. There is no point in even addressing you further.

He didn't outwrestle, outgrapple, or outstrike Jones in the 4th or 5th. Gus was stumbling around like a drunk who just cashed his welfare cheque at the liquor store.

"And still...."

And he did. And if you respect MMA, you'll agree.

Back