Jones felt he won decisevly

of course he said that

what's he supposed to say, "It was a toss up and I very may well have lost - we should do it again because I don't feel comfortable with how it went"

don't be silly

of course he said that

what's he supposed to say, "It was a toss up and I very may well have lost - we should do it again because I don't feel comfortable with how it went"

don't be silly

There's a difference between doing what Gus did and doing what Jones did.

Gus: I thought I won.
Jones: I wasn't 100%. I won outright. I don't want a rematch.

Oscaraps put these numbers together earlier. I just cleaned up the presentation. It makes it seem like a very close fight overall with the contention being the value of leg/body kicks vs. punches to the face.

There's a difference between doing what Gus did and doing what Jones did.

Gus: I thought I won.
Jones: I wasn't 100%. I won outright. I don't want a rematch.

biggest difference being Jones actually did get the win...

he's the guy putting his title on the line again, not the guy who has nothing to lose

Oscaraps put these numbers together earlier. I just cleaned up the presentation. It makes it seem like a very close fight overall with the contention being the value of leg/body kicks vs. punches to the face.

Jones had the more dominant scenes though, actually hurting and stunning Gus, while never being hurt himself except bruises and cuts. He also finished the fight significantly stronger. Which isn't reflected in mute numbers but is a part of the fight just as much.

biggest difference being Jones actually did get the win...

he's the guy putting his title on the line again, not the guy who has nothing to lose

That doesn't remove the fact that his statement is both disrespectful and distasteful. I'm not saying people have to throw him under the bus. But it is what it is, and it doesn't look great to a good number of people.

Also, just from a lockerroom stand-point... you've just given Gus ammo to up his game.

In the end jones is the champ.

Jones won because he knew how to win

I scored it 48-47 for Gus, but didn't have any problem at all with 48-47 for Jones. It was very close and multiple rounds were razor thin.

Jones had the more dominant scenes though, actually hurting and stunning Gus, while never being hurt himself except bruises and cuts. He also finished the fight significantly stronger. Which isn't reflected in mute numbers but is a part of the fight just as much.

Except for, like Barnett talked about, Gus did not turn and retreat as often as Jones. Jones, when hit, looked as if they effected him on a constant basis, while Gus rolled and continued to implement his game.

Plus, using the visual damage and the "He looked more/less hurt" are the worst items to judge... because people are generally stupid and easily swayed. For instance, Round 5, which Gus won, but everyone likes to assume he didn't because Jones was more flashy with bigger missed/partial blocked shot. But Gus "Looked more tired" and so people hand it to Jones.

I scored it 48-47 for Gus, but didn't have any problem at all with 48-47 for Jones. It was very close and multiple rounds were razor thin.

This is how you know a person who is reasonable.

Dominant scenes you mean the replays that mostly highlight what jones did, even when on the headkicks that were blocked. Fuck off with that shit.

His stand-up looked pathetic, or else he would have had more than 33 strikes to the head, while Gustafsson had 100 +.

It must suck that the only fighter to get visibly rocked during the fight was the one making his opponent's stand-up look "pathetic." What does that say about Gus that someone with pathetic looking stand-up could rock him and he couldn't do the same to the guy with pathetic looking stand-up?

That doesn't remove the fact that his statement is both disrespectful and distasteful. I'm not saying people have to throw him under the bus. But it is what it is, and it doesn't look great to a good number of people.

Also, just from a lockerroom stand-point... you've just given Gus ammo to up his game.

I hope he does, somehow they will have to try and make the rematch as exciting as the first fight ;)

Are you fucking shitting me, how in teh fuck did he win any of the first 3 rounds? Even the 4th is questionable because he was getting hammered for 4.30 minutes and the judges thought Alex was much more hurt by that elbow than he probably was, he was just a bit gassed.

Gus 4-1.

Hey guy/gurl...... Go back and actually watch round 2.......... DURRRRR.... He won round 4 because he almost finished the fight, (the only one to come close)...... Round 5..... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

I was amazed by GUS!!!! but he didn't win.

It must suck that the only fighter to get visibly rocked during the fight was the one making his opponent's stand-up look "pathetic." What does that say about Gus that someone with pathetic looking stand-up could rock him and he couldn't do the same to the guy with pathetic looking stand-up?

Talk to me when Jones doesn't get scared of punches.

I've tried liking this guy but every other day he gives me a reason not to. Would have hated him if he were not a great fighter to watch. Why doesn't he just shut his talking brain up.

Dominant scenes you mean the replays that mostly highlight what jones did, even when on the headkicks that were blocked. Fuck off with that shit.

I am talking about rounds 4 and 5.

Gus edged out VERY close rounds earlier but Jones was the only guy who did serious damage enough to stun his opponent and actually go for the kill in the 4th. There was no time to finish obviously but still.

His ego, however, is still at 100%.

:D

Seriously, the guy is becoming more grating than Bisping.

Back