Jones felt he won decisevly

With dubs in under a month, posting isn't yours.

Oh man you sure showed me.

How's your "idol" Anderson doing? Are you going to hate Chris Weidman even more because he finishes him again in December?

(well played though)

Deal with it Jon Jones, Gus tooled you and gave you a boxing lesson, you looked awful.
And yet, he still won.

I don't like athletes making excuses as the next guy, but the man has the right to say what he wants to say.

he did not look 100% tbh though 70% sounds like understatement. No disrespect at all to Gus, he's a warrior.

I don't think he can really say Gus doesn't deserve the rematch though, certainly not an immediate rematch but with 1 really big win or 2 good wins why not. He won without controversy but it wasn't that decisively, it was closer than any fight he had before.

If he won without controversy then why is this poll so lopsided?

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/who-do-you-think-won-jon-jones-vs-alexander-gustafsson-2564389/

Neither of them won that fight decisively. Both guys walked away winners.

That said, what is Jones supposed to say?

NOT QUITE HUMAN!!!!

jones-gus

He's scurred he'll get his ass handed to him.............again

I know we like to make jokes about fighters being scared to fight other fighters....but shit...If he turns down the rematch for this reason the I may very well be forced to actually believe that he really is scared to fight Gus again :O oh shit.... JJ keeps raising bad questions about himself.

I still can't wrap my head around how anyone thinks Jones won, let alone decisively. Were we watching the same fight, seeing the same numbers?

This.

Gus was robbed. The fact that one of the judges scored it 49-46 Jones blows my fucking mind.

25krk87.jpg

Who is Jones kidding. Knowing Jones full of himself personality he doesn't like the fact he got fucked up so he's making as many excuses as he can.

because people are involuntarily biased and/or haters and/or stupid

If the fight was so controversial why did the judges score it unanimously (one guy even 49-46 which I don't agree with but hey). Why had all the media the fight for Jones?
Why did Big John who watched the fight from inside the cage score it for Jones?

The answer is not because they are all less competent than random haters on the internet, let's get that one out of the way before you come up with a reason lol

According to UFC tonight He feels Guss doesn't deserve a rematch and he was only at 70% for the fight thoughts? I feel like this is a cop out but we see it in sports all the time take the fail Mary for example Tate said he had possession and the refs got it right when he clearly did not and multiple other times
If he was at only 70%, wouldn't he want to fight Gus? If he was at 100% he would beat Gus easily, so why avoid it?

Because it's Sherdog... where Jones is probably the most hated champ.

I noticed something a bit interesting with that poll though. Right after the fight, the poll was something like 66% for Gus and 27% for Jones. Gradually, it looks like some people are coming to their senses and are voting for Jones.

Don't matter though. The only people who matter were the judges, and they all scored it for Jones.

He has to say it. Of course he doesn't think Gustafsson deserves another rematch. He doesn't wanna get destroyed.

I'm not a fan of JBJ I was previously at one time when he was coming up until he changed, I get the outcry and the reactions of people when he said he was only at 70% but who is to say he wasn't at a normal high level. I was shocked it was as close as it was because I didn't expect it to be much or thought Gus even had a shot and he proved me wrong.

I still can't wrap my head around how anyone thinks Jones won, let alone decisively. Were we watching the same fight, seeing the same numbers?

I was watching the fight the judges watched, the media guys watched, the freaking ref in the cage watched, the one everybody watched who saw a legendary and close fight that Jones won 3-2 without any real controversy.

Jones says that he thought he won, Sherdog bitches and moans. When Gus says it however, Sherdog doesn't complain.

Back