Jones Eye Poking...Intentional?

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Do You think it is intentional?

This thread definitely needed to be made again...........

If it's intentional, Jones is the worst eye poker ever. I mean, how hard can it be to poke an eye? And yet he only manages a couple, tops, per fight.

He knows what he is doing is threatening pokes, and is OK with that happening as a result.

And despite how it has looked in a few fights, I don't think he is actively trying to spear dudes in the eyes.

It's a dirty tactic / strategy to hurt his opponents and get away with it knowing the refs don't have the stones to take a point away.

Obviously

when you have a coach like Greg Jackson, they try and abuse every single rule so they can get the W

No, but he knows what he's doing that creates these accidents.

Lol what a biased poll, three options for yes and one for no.....

But, the fact a lot of people are actually picking the option that he eyepokes on purpose "every time" shows how delusional Jones haters have gotten.

maxresdefault.jpg

Your alternatives is seriously flawed. I voted for "No, just unfortunate accidents", but the real reason is that the eyepokes are a natural consequence of Jones pawing with his hand open and arm extended, which in itself isn't illegal.

And you have three alternatives for "Yes" and only one for "No".
Can poll.

He knows what he is doing is threatening pokes, and is OK with that happening as a result.

And despite how it has looked in a few fights, I don't think he is actively trying to spear dudes in the eyes.

This, if Jones has shown anything, it's that he'll do anything within or skirting the rules to win, and that's fine. It's a sport, not an honor game. If you can win within the rules so be it. Like you said, he probably doesn't really care of he eye pokes someone or not, but it's a definite distraction to threaten it.

He holds his hands and fingers in his opponents face on purpose, in order to measure distance and keep them at bay.

But it is a choice that he is conciously making, well knowing that endangers his opponents eyesight, and in a lot of his fights actually lead to eye pokes, in some cases multiple per fight.

He could choose to not hold his fingers in his opponents face, for example at neck height, again, he chooses not to do this. He could also choose not to employ the outstretched arm technique at all, he chooses not to, disreguarding the penalties and more importantly the dangers that it brings.

He is a selfish character with 0 honor and respect for anyone other than himself.

how about YES and NO. Why dilute the results with three different "yes"s?

Dirty as shit. Gotta make you think twice before closing distance with him when his fingers are pointing at ur eye balls too.

Back