Jones eye pokes. How many?

phantumm

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
How many eye pokes has Jon Jones successfully achieved in his career? ...caught by ref and not caught?

Are there other chronic violators. Besides JBJ eye pokes and Palhares holding submission holds too long, I cant think of other chronic offenders but I am sure there are.

Should be a Fightmetric for this.

Definitely more than the average fighter... That's all I know.

How many eye pokes has Jon Jones successfully achieved in his career? ...caught by ref and not caught?

Are there other chronic violators. Besides JBJ eye pokes and Palhares holding submission holds too long, I cant think of other chronic offenders but I am sure there are.

Koscheck was good at eye pokes too.

He should train with Kevin Burns for that TKO victory

Aldo cage grabbing

Who cares?????

How many time did Jordan push off?
How many times did Kobe Bryant kick his leg out?
How many holds are there in any given NFL game?

Who cares?????

How many time did Jordan push off?
How many times did Kobe Bryant kick his leg out?
How many holds are there in any given NFL game?

None of those are career threatening tho.. but hey

it__s_over_9000_.png

Definitely more than most, but the average sherdogger believes it happens at least five times every time he fights.

SPOILER: It's an eye poke highlight.

Until he badly injuries someone, no one will take a stand.
But if/when he does, the interesting question will be: Will Zuffa fire him like they did to Toquinho, or will they do anything at all?

I do not think so. Eye pokes happens. And while Jon does play more dangerously, the assessment by Zuffa, the refs and the fighters is that he does not do it "on purpose".
IMO he obviously abuse this fact. and if it happens (the eye poke), it plays into his gameplan instilling fear to his opponent.

Maybe, just maybe, if there's enough outcry (after he injures someone badly and the fight is stopped), they will start taking a point for every eye poke without warnings. But I doubt it.

Not sure, a lot. As a ref I would be taking a point everytime he does one from now on because it happens every fight. He is like Kongo was with kneeing people in the balls all the time.

Honestly, his eye poking was WAY down in the DC fight. Just 1 is a record, and shows he's being warned about it and is attempting not to do it. At least give the guy some credit. He really didn't stick his hands in DC's face all that much- he usually does this blatantly while retreating.

Until he badly injuries someone, no one will take a stand.
But if/when he does, the interesting question will be: Will Zuffa fire him like they did to Toquinho, or will they do anything at all?

Francisco Rivera had to have surgery and Faber didn't get fired.

Back