Jones easily beats Stipe but gets trashed by Ngannou

Jones has wrestling to keep him from getting to aggressive. Jones is also amazing at distance control. He is not some average fighter who can only move in straight lines. Jones is also probably the hardest fighter in MMA to counter due to his awkward strike and movement. Francis has a round to KO Jones and after that he would be gassed, or he would fight passive like he did against Lewis

Jon's striking arsenal from range includes oblique kicks, elliptical kicks, kick to the thighs, elbows, and a few 1,2s with hooks to the body. The problem with those in heavyweight is they mean fuck all if someone clips you with a very hard punch like Francis. Stipe has way better head movement than Jon. He would get tagged.

I don't believe it would be in Jons best interest to employ the phone booth type fighting that he did vs Cormier. He would not be able to take the uppercuts he did vs DC if Francis was there. Also you talk about the wrestling as a threat to prevent from Francis getting too trigger happy. Jon would be what? 235? Would he have the strength to shoot double legs at Francis? There's no way he would get a TD from a clinch. Francis is way too big and strong for that.

Furthermore the way Jon makes gamelans is to fight the opponent at their strength and beat him. While Jon's ego has taken him this far, by fighting using his opponents strength, there are physical limits. Francis strength is his incredible knock out power. Jon in his career has never been known as the guy with the heavy hands and one punch knockout, and I sincerely doubt he can develop it, within the course of one training camp.

I agree that Jones would beat Miocic but would struggle with Ngannou.

Whoever thinks Jones would 'easily' beat Stipe knows nothing about MMA, fighting, sizes, or matchups.

The only reason Jones seems like a world beater is because he has faced smaller men for his entire career, except one person (Gustavson) who almost beat him.

For Jones to face a man the caliber of Stipe, who is actually the bigger/stronger man, he will get KO'd.

Francis gets beat by Jones. Jones is too smart to get sucked into a brawl and Nagannou would gas
Francis has a shit gas tank. Jones finishes him in the 3rd.
Jones beats both easily
If Jones spent a year bulking up he would own the HW division. He is too smart of a fighter to lets anyone get ahead of him. Sure a clean punch from any HW can knock anyone out but Jones has shown to be smarter than everyone else in the Cage.
Francis is getting so overrated. The guy lost to fucking Lewis a few fights ago
Jones would lose against both Stipe and Ngannou in my opinion.
Listen, Jon is a smart fighter, but honestly, the thing that made Jon Jones so dominant in nearly all of his fights so far is the fact that he's got a ridiculous reach (215cm/84") so he's able to pick most fighters apart rather "easy" from the outside - if those fighters do enter the range where they'd be able to hit Jon though, Jon either uses his wrestling, or he clinches with them, where he again uses his height along with his wide reach to dominate.
Stipe Miocic has got the same reach (203cm/80") as OSP and Bonnar , who're the rangiest fighters Jon has faced, even surpassing Gus, and Ngannou even has a reach of 211cm/83" so Jon's reach advantage would be diminished against Stipe and would be almost non-existent against Ngannou.
So it won't be as easy to stay on the outside for Jones with Stipe, and nearly impossible with Ngannou, who's very explosive and rather fast.
With his power not even being really good for a LHW, Stipe and Ngannou will be way less impressed by Jon's power and won't back up nearly as easy as Jon's past opponents.
If they do get close to Jones, Jones clinching-game won't be as effective as against the LHW's as well, since Stipe and Ngannou are as tall/taller than Jones, and way stronger, especially Ngannou.
If Jon decides to wrestle with both, he - despite being a great MMA-wrestler - will have a lot of trouble, since Ngannou's tdd is 1) not as bad as some people make it out to be, and 2) most likely has improved, and even if his technique ain't perfect, being strong as hell definitely helps defending takedowns and it's the most obvious thing that Ngannou is way stronger than Jones (even if Jones bulks up). Stipe on the other hand, might not be as strong as Ngannou, but is still a natural HW, so he'll most likely have a strength-advantage as well against Jon, and his tdd + defensive wrestling is actually really good.
If Jones (for whatever reason) would try to box with either Stipe or Ngannou, he'd get starched in the blink of an eye, since Jones is not a good boxer and has questionable boxing-defense/head-movement.
Now for those saying that Jon would be stronger at HW than he is at LHW - well, yea, if he adds muscle to his frame, he certainly will gain strength - however he's going to gas out a lot faster if he's trying to get strength-wise on par with Stipe, let alone Francis. If he's going all-chubby, his cardio will most likely be (pretty much) as good as at LHW, but the strength-disadvantage would be bigger.
This pretty much sums up, why there are weight-classes; you might get swole and get as strong as the guys a weightclass above, but then you'll almost certainly lack cardio, where if you're going to just gain some fat, you're at a strength-disadvantage.
If either Stipe or Ngannou pressure Jones just a bit, they'll eventually get close to him and i'm very confident that this would be a nightmare for Jones, because having a good chin goes out of the window if Stipe Miocic or the worldbreaker Ngannou hit him.
To beat them, Jones would need to be at his very best and fight the perfect fight, giving them nearly zero opportunity to land anything or get close to him.
..and i'd like to add another thing: if one-legged Thiago Santos low-kicks made Jon limp out of the arena of their fight, what do you think is a single low-kick from Ngannou gonna do? (At Ngannou's gym they're saying that his low-kicks are freakin' devastating, so i'm not making things up - just to be clear.)

Jones would lose against both Stipe and Ngannou in my opinion.
Listen, Jon is a smart fighter, but honestly, the thing that made Jon Jones so dominant in nearly all of his fights so far is the fact that he's got a ridiculous reach (215cm/84") so he's able to pick most fighters apart rather "easy" from the outside - if those fighters do enter the range where they'd be able to hit Jon though, Jon either uses his wrestling, or he clinches with them, where he again uses his height along with his wide reach to dominate.
Stipe Miocic has got the same reach (203cm/80") as OSP and Bonnar , who're the rangiest fighters Jon has faced, even surpassing Gus, and Ngannou even has a reach of 211cm/83" so Jon's reach advantage would be diminished against Stipe and would be almost non-existent against Ngannou.
So it won't be as easy to stay on the outside for Jones with Stipe, and nearly impossible with Ngannou, who's very explosive and rather fast.
With his power not even being really good for a LHW, Stipe and Ngannou will be way less impressed by Jon's power and won't back up nearly as easy as Jon's past opponents.
If they do get close to Jones, Jones clinching-game won't be as effective as against the LHW's as well, since Stipe and Ngannou are as tall/taller than Jones, and way stronger, especially Ngannou.
If Jon decides to wrestle with both, he - despite being a great MMA-wrestler - will have a lot of trouble, since Ngannou's tdd is 1) not as bad as some people make it out to be, and 2) most likely has improved, and even if his technique ain't perfect, being strong as hell definitely helps defending takedowns and it's the most obvious thing that Ngannou is way stronger than Jones (even if Jones bulks up). Stipe on the other hand, might not be as strong as Ngannou, but is still a natural HW, so he'll most likely have a strength-advantage as well against Jon, and his tdd + defensive wrestling is actually really good.
If Jones (for whatever reason) would try to box with either Stipe or Ngannou, he'd get starched in the blink of an eye, since Jones is not a good boxer and has questionable boxing-defense/head-movement.
Now for those saying that Jon would be stronger at HW than he is at LHW - well, yea, if he adds muscle to his frame, he certainly will gain strength - however he's going to gas out a lot faster if he's trying to get strength-wise on par with Stipe, let alone Francis. If he's going all-chubby, his cardio will most likely be (pretty much) as good as at LHW, but the strength-disadvantage would be bigger.
This pretty much sums up, why there are weight-classes; you might get swole and get as strong as the guys a weightclass above, but then you'll almost certainly lack cardio, where if you're going to just gain some fat, you're at a strength-disadvantage.
If either Stipe or Ngannou pressure Jones just a bit, they'll eventually get close to him and i'm very confident that this would be a nightmare for Jones, because having a good chin goes out of the window if Stipe Miocic or the worldbreaker Ngannou hit him.
To beat them, Jones would need to be at his very best and fight the perfect fight, giving them nearly zero opportunity to land anything or get close to him.
..and i'd like to add another thing: if one-legged Thiago Santos low-kicks made Jon limp out of the arena of their fight, what do you think is a single low-kick from Ngannou gonna do? (At Ngannou's gym they're saying that his low-kicks are freakin' devastating, so i'm not making things up - just to be clear.)

a9c.png

Granted, it's a good bit of text, but it takes actually not more than 2 minutes to read it.
If that is a waste of time for you - fine, i can't force you to read it, but hopefully other people on here take the time to read it.
Was just trying to consider the imho most important points about a Jones vs. Stipe/Ngannou matchup.

Stipe already beat Francis. He's got a great chance at beating Jones too. Ngannou beats Jones but Jones whips Stipe somehow TS? Wait What? Stupid thread

Stipe already beat Francis. He's got a great chance at beating Jones too. Ngannou beats Jones but Jones whips Stipe somehow TS? Wait What? Stupid thread
MMA-Math doesn't work, but i agree that Jones would not beat Stipe. He certainly would not whip him.

Stipe doesn't have the fight IQ,
He adjusted midway through the DC fight and got the win so I'd say that is pretty good fight IQ.

And jon is no where near explosive as DC in regards to striking.

I actually agree with OP. I've been saying this for a while but Francis is probably the only heavyweight that could possibly finish Jones. They have a nearly equal reach, so Jones's "post and retreat" striking defense strategy wouldn't work. Ngannou would KO him round 1.

Stipe doesn't have the fight IQ, speed and explosiveness, leg kicks or the ability to use his length to beat Jones. Jones would pepper the shit out of Stipe's body with kicks and knee's and gas him out

LOL!! ok man whatever you say...

Francis is getting overrated again lol .... A knockout artist as champ would be fun , but he’s done nothing to show he can be effective in the later rounds of a fight where Stipe took him before and Jones would be capable of taking to the late rounds as well .... Francis is dangerous Early that’s why he’s my favourite HW , but stipe / jones would have a good chance to defeat him imo

Back