Jones easily beats Stipe but gets trashed by Ngannou

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
That's the real reason Jones doesn't want to move up.
a186aa31bb245026ae13a37f97b48ce8_md.jpg

Pictured above
Jones has that "I'm a friendly guy, please don't hurt me face"

Jon Jones' defense has decline with his fight against Thiago. He would not able able to make those kinds of mistakes vs Francis. Vs Stipe yes, but not Francis.

If you can't beat em join them. But this won't even happen. If a middleweight like Thiago can make Jones question his decline, then what will Johnny Walker do?

So ur questioning how well Jones would do against Johnny walker and also stating that he would easily beat Stipe? That doesn't really add up

For the record, I think stipe would beat Jones

Jones would outsmart Francis.

Stipe would break Jones with grit

Francis gets beat by Jones. Jones is too smart to get sucked into a brawl and Nagannou would gas

Francis has a shit gas tank. Jones finishes him in the 3rd.

Francis gets beat by Jones. Jones is too smart to get sucked into a brawl and Nagannou would gas

Francis has shown he can take hits from his Stipe fight. Jon doesn't have that kind of firepower to make Francis back up. What's to stop from Francis cutting Jon off and walking him down? Sure Jon can run, spam oblique kicks, but he will eventually get caught by a punch. Francis is an underrated counter puncher.

Jones would outsmart Francis.

Stipe would break Jones with grit

Stipe doesn't have the fight IQ, speed and explosiveness, leg kicks or the ability to use his length to beat Jones. Jones would pepper the shit out of Stipe's body with kicks and knee's and gas him out

I can't picture a scenario where Francis Beats jones

Pictured above

Jon Jones' defense has decline with his fight against Thiago. He would not able able to make those kinds of mistakes vs Francis. Vs Stipe yes, but not Francis.

If you can't beat em join them. But this won't even happen. If a middleweight like Thiago can make Jones question his decline, then what will Johnny Walker do?

jones would lose to everyone in the top 10 at hw without his jonny juice. He is skinny and once they touched that chin it's lights out.

Francis has shown he can take hits from his Stipe fight. Jon doesn't have that kind of firepower to make Francis back up. What's to stop from Francis cutting Jon off and walking him down? Sure Jon can run, spam oblique kicks, but he will eventually get caught by a punch. Francis is an underrated counter puncher.
Jones has wrestling to keep him from getting to aggressive. Jones is also amazing at distance control. He is not some average fighter who can only move in straight lines. Jones is also probably the hardest fighter in MMA to counter due to his awkward strike and movement. Francis has a round to KO Jones and after that he would be gassed, or he would fight passive like he did against Lewis

With all due respect to Jon there isn’t a single person on his resume that lasts a round with Francis other than DC.
Francis is getting so overrated. The guy lost to fucking Lewis a few fights ago

Jones looked deflated and ineffective vs an injured 8 loss middleweight... If Thiago would of just landed a very few more strikes he would of got the nod.

Jones looked deflated and ineffective vs an injured 8 loss middleweight... If Thiago would of just landed a very few more strikes he would of got the nod.
Styles make fights. Speed, explosiveness and leg kicks are the way to beat Jones and Francis has non of that. He is explosive for a HW, but not enough to give Jones problems

If Jones spent a year bulking up he would own the HW division. He is too smart of a fighter to lets anyone get ahead of him. Sure a clean punch from any HW can knock anyone out but Jones has shown to be smarter than everyone else in the Cage.

Pictured above

In my humble opinion, the reason why Jones doesn't move up is because HW's hit a lot harder than the LHW's. I think Jones has a problem with a lot of HW's, not just Ngannou, but Stipe, Curtis, Alistair, Derrick, hell even JDS. HW's can typically absorb a punch or two, but all it takes is one punch by a HW to KO a fellow HW, let alone a LHW.

Then you mention Johnny Walker...is this thread about how Jones would fair at HW only against Stipe/Ngannou or LHW against the up and coming crop?

Jones will dump Ngannou on his head for 3 rounds and cruise on the last 2 rounds using distance and oblique kicks(and eye pokes).

Jon via UD

Back