Jones ducking Gus will make the ufc lose the European market

Let me guess, you got your ass whooped by a swede?

Or maybe just a Jones fan girl. :icon_chee

I'm sure Europeans care about all the other mma stars from Europe much more.

Oh wait there isn't anyone else, my bad.

Of course you would! The little brother syndrome. Always jelaous of the swedes isn't that right?

LOL. Nice avatar. GTFO with trying to call out Jones' fan boys and girls. There are a couple really good and educated/insightful posts in here. Unfortunately, none of them were made by you.

UFC's European market isn't based on Gus. He's not some huge draw, outside of being able to sell a big show in Sweden. He made a lot bigger name for himself after the Jones fight, no doubt! But the UFC is not and never will be dependent on any 1 fighter.

"Europe" is a very "regionalistic" place, it will only be an issue in Sweden and to an extent in Scandinavia.. the rest of Euorpe couldnt care less about a Swede.
Yeah, this mostly. The European marked needs good cards and more cards. Jones-Gustafsson or not won't have that much impact.

I love the revisionist history about how Gus was apparently some big draw and fan favorite before the Jones fight.
I've never seen this claimed. Most of Gustafsson's drawing power has obviously come after the Jones fight, and a large part of it is in the appeal of the competitive rematch with an otherwise dominant champion.

Sonnen-Silva 2 and Weidman-Silva 2 were both among Anderson's largest PPV's, if not the two largest. This kind of rematch is a popular narrative.

I love the revisionist history about how Gus was apparently some big draw and fan favorite before the Jones fight.

That's not at all what people are saying or what this thread is about.

Gus has the potential to make another market grow bigger. Very simple stuff.

I must clarify my statement.. "the rest of Europe couldnt care less about a Swede."

I mean, just because he is a Swede or a European if he is not from their "region".. Mma fans in Europe will want to see good fighters and Alex is definitly a very good fighter.. but it will no have a extra huge drawing power just because he is a Swede for intance in Germany..
It will help a bit but not much..

And this is why I was hesistant about the Germany card over the weekend, Mousasi is a great fighter and the biggest star on the card in my opinion.. but it didnt really help him that much that he was from Germany's neighboring country The Netherlands, when it came to press and the like.. and maybe drawing power.. hopefully a few fightfans made the trip from Holland but I cant see it made a big/huge difference in exposure overall.

The German press talked about Nick Hein from what I gather...

WTF, Gus isn't the second coming of Christ. And Europe isn't one country.

Some Gus fanboys are whack.

Europe is such a big potential market for the UFC. With Gustafsson as the greatest Europen star ever the interest will continue to rise. The hype for the Jones Gus rematch is huge here in Europe! The media is gonna go wild. And imagine if Gus takes the belt. Its a great deal for the UFC and an even greater deal for the sport mma if its become as popular here as in US and South America. I think Gustafsson is the key to that.
Cormier will never be as important for the ufc as Gus has the potential to be.

Imagine if Jones duck Gus and lets say will force him to fight DC or Anthony jonsson. If he lose or gets injured maybe he will never get to fight Jon. Anyone can lose to anyone.

Yes Jon can go on how its his career and everything but its so selfish when you think of how many more people will get the chance of a career when the UFC and MMA is growing bigger.

I really hope he realizes this and sign Jones Gus II
The greatest and most important rematch in the history of the UFC

U make a good point if the UFC allows Jones to duck Gus....they will lose a lot of ground in Europe!

LOL. Nice avatar. GTFO with trying to call out Jones' fan boys and girls. There are a couple really good and educated/insightful posts in here. Unfortunately, none of them were made by you.

UFC's European market isn't based on Gus. He's not some huge draw, outside of being able to sell a big show in Sweden. He made a lot bigger name for himself after the Jones fight, no doubt! But the UFC is not and never will be dependent on any 1 fighter.

True & that goes for Jones as well...he has NEVER been a big draw..GSP & Ronda consistently draw bigger sales than Jones!:icon_chee

I'm a proud Swede and I have completely stopped watching the UFC since Jones ducked Gus.
All of my thousands of Swedish friends have stopped watching too, as have our millions of friends in all the other European countries. Dana White doesn't dare set foot in Europe at this point, because if he does, a mob of hooligans will descend upon him, shave his head, and call him an ugly woman.
The VERY few people who still watch the UFC here do it because they want to see Ronda Rousey. She is the most beautiful woman alive, and far more beautiful than any woman in Sweden.

Back