Jones ducking Gus will make the ufc lose the European market

danielochhobbe

White Belt
Reaction score
Europe is such a big potential market for the UFC. With Gustafsson as the greatest Europen star ever the interest will continue to rise. The hype for the Jones Gus rematch is huge here in Europe! The media is gonna go wild. And imagine if Gus takes the belt. Its a great deal for the UFC and an even greater deal for the sport mma if its become as popular here as in US and South America. I think Gustafsson is the key to that.
Cormier will never be as important for the ufc as Gus has the potential to be.

Imagine if Jones duck Gus and lets say will force him to fight DC or Anthony jonsson. If he lose or gets injured maybe he will never get to fight Jon. Anyone can lose to anyone.

Yes Jon can go on how its his career and everything but its so selfish when you think of how many more people will get the chance of a career when the UFC and MMA is growing bigger.

I really hope he realizes this and sign Jones Gus II
The greatest and most important rematch in the history of the UFC

gus is getting trolled!

Gus been talking smack ever since he beat manuwa. Now he is getting the cold shoulder treatment. Get Humbled son!

On your point tho, Gus is important for Europe but it was doing just fine without Gus. It wont flop now that Gus aint fighting for the title!

No it won't. Not at all. I'm European and I have no allegiance to European fighters at all. I just wanna see good fights.

The current market here is for people who have been watching for a while. New fans aren't joining the existing fan base in any notable numbers over here anyway. And the non-casual fans are fight fans, not following based on nationalities

Vegas wants Jones
UFC wants Gus in Sweden

ya why do you think dana wants gus/jones II?

If it's worth that much to the UFC, they can throw some extra cash at Jones to make it happen. If they're worried that sets a dangerous precedent, they will grit their teeth and watch the money fly out the window.

Jones doesn't seem to give a shit, and nor should he. Either way hes gonna get hard fights until he retires, what are they gonna do to him?

"Europe" is a very "regionalistic" place, it will only be an issue in Sweden and to an extent in Scandinavia.. the rest of Euorpe couldnt care less about a Swede.

I love the revisionist history about how Gus was apparently some big draw and fan favorite before the Jones fight.

"Europe" is a very "regionalistic" place, it will only be an issue in Sweden and to an extent in Scandinavia.. the rest of Euorpe couldnt care less about a Swede.

Let me guess, you got your ass whooped by a swede?

Or maybe just a Jones fan girl. :icon_chee

And they said they wanted more PPV and worldwide expansion. UFC better get that pimp hand ready. :icon_lol:

I don't think Europeans are rooting for Gus in particular and would rather watch Gus than Cormier.

I'm from Denmark, the country right next to Sweden, and i would rather watch Cormier vs. Jones, and i will be rooting for Jones, when he fights Gus.

I don't think Europeans are rooting for Gus in particular and would rather watch Gus than Cormier.

I'm from Denmark, the country right next to Sweden, and i would rather watch Cormier vs. Jones, and i will be rooting for Jones, when he fights Gus.

Of course you would! The little brother syndrome. Always jelaous of the swedes isn't that right?

ITT: A guy who doesn't know shit about economics talks about economics

I agree.

Other then Bisping, Europe doesn't really have any other big name fighters to get behind.

With that being said, Gus will eventually get his title shot.

Let me guess, you got your ass whooped by a swede?

Or maybe just a Jones fan girl. :icon_chee

No, he is just right about how nationalistic people are. When American fighters are up against Canadians, we root for the American although we share the same border. Same in Europe. He understands how people in Europe think.

If the entire European market is based on one fight then it has no chance anyway.

Back