Media Jones demanding 50 million to fight Ngannou ?

It can be done Jon is a LoVe him or HaTe him dude ppv, sponsors, special interest investors, etc, they can make it happen a crazy undercard even better if a live crowd <SelenaWow>N'gannou getting lung choked or Jon getting smoked! I've always been a Jones boy through thick & thin but N'gannou is a tall order, still would take Jones on being higher IQ in round to round fighting always keeping you away with a poke & kick...

<JonesDXSuckIt> Take Dat...

It can be done Jon is a LoVe him or HaTe him dude ppv, sponsors, special interest investors, etc, they can make it happen a crazy undercard even better if a live crowd <SelenaWow>N'gannou getting lung choked or Jon getting smoked! I've always been a Jones boy through thick & thin but N'gannou is a tall order, still would take Jones on being higher IQ in round to round fighting always keeping you away with a poke & kick...

<JonesDXSuckIt> Take Dat...
That's the angle everyone who tells Jones to just fight for shit pay keeps missing. The big upside for the UFC here is Jones losing and passing his drawing power to Francis. The UFC won't lose money on the fight, but even if they do, it's to create their next PPV star.

Can’t see any reason why he’d be hulking up if he wasn’t trying to fight at heavy cause he’s going to have a nasty nasty time trying to cut back down to light heavy with all that mass .

That's the angle everyone who tells Jones to just fight for shit pay keeps missing. The big upside for the UFC here is Jones losing and passing his drawing power to Francis. The UFC won't lose money on the fight, but even if they do, it's to create their next PPV star.

<BC1> The bigger picture...

His last 3 fights have been garbage. Point fighting all night and barely squeaking by far from legendary competition. And his track record outside the cage is also garbage. He's not the draw he thinks he is.

It's true his last few fights at LHW weren't great.

Despite that, I think Jones vs Ngannou would draw tons of viewers. First, there's the curiosity of how Jones would look at HW. Second, Jones is usually a lock to win, but here he'd be the underdog. Finally, I think tons of people would tune in hoping to see Jon get KOed badly.

I guess he’s implementing: “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” Aims for 50 million, knows that the real number will be far less
Aim for 50 million is same as 50 billion. Same end result... fight doesn’t happen. I guess 50 million is a little less obvious though because a few people get fooled into thinking he’s trying to fight.

You really think Jones was surprised Francis won ? .....Jones called Francis out a long time ago , he also mentioned getting a pay increase while Stipe was champ ....so your post is shit
You mean his Twitter postering? It was basically a well known fact that he was going to face the winner of Stipe Francis, so why would he magically wait until after the fight to start the drama?

Dana needs ta pony tha shit up!

iZs11zn.gif

Hes subsequently cleared out LHW a few times, remained undefeated and now has the opportunity to fight the most dangerous HW ever,
Its really not that strange.
He explains pretty simply here (from last year)-

Yeah I'd say LHW was cleared out about the time he started facing Anthony Smith...doesn't change the fact that he waited until after Francis won to start drama, even though him facing the winner has been the plan for months and months

Yeah I'd say LHW was cleared out about the time he started facing Anthony Smith...doesn't change the fact that he waited until after Francis won to start drama, even though him facing the winner has been the plan for months and months
Does the UFC seem like the type if company to start negotiations for a hypothetical fight months in advance? When that fight is continent on no draws or instant rematches?

Does the UFC seem like the type if company to start negotiations for a hypothetical fight months in advance? When that fight is continent on no draws or instant rematches?
Idk what that last sentence means

You mean his Twitter postering? It was basically a well known fact that he was going to face the winner of Stipe Francis, so why would he magically wait until after the fight to start the drama?
He didn’t .....He claimed he wanted to get paid more right from the start ....you either trolling or an idiot

Why would the UFC pay Jones an astronomical amount anyway? The last thing Dana would want is for Bones to win a boring dec which is the way it would go down if he ended up winning. Now what? You just paid him a boatload of cash where he doesn't have to fight again and your new champion ko artist just had his hype ruined. Jones is already indirectly hyping Ngannou for Dana by making himself look scared asking for numbers the UFC never parts with. They did the right thing offering him 10 million so he would decline. They knew he would.

Bob Sapp. Never pay a big draw to just show. Jones will try to win or at least keep his brain in tact but self preservation with money bag in bag means big risk of a flop. Pay Jones a big win bonus and $50K per shot whoever gets hit.

theres quite a difference in record between Jones and Sapp though

View attachment 847999
well at least you tried .....Jones has been Dropping Francis name for a while

That was a follow up tweet.

Jones responded to Ngannou’s question and criticized his technique, saying “Seemed so real Francis, all that power means nothing when your hay makers are too slow. I’m not most my friend.”

Seemed so real Francis, all that power means nothing when your hay makers are too slow. I’m not most my friend https://t.co/co6uSqzRSm

— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) May 14, 2020

In a follow up tweet, ‘Bones’ said he is willing to take the fight against the knockout artist and stressed he has nothing else to prove in the light heavyweight division.

“Who would you guys consider the quicker and more technical striker Thiago Santos or Francis? If you guys think I wouldn’t take this fight you’re insane. I have absolutely nothing else to prove as a light heavyweight. I’d love that big money fight right around now. Send the deal.”

https://www.csfights.com/jon-jones-interested-ngannou-fight/

And there were more before that. I don't have a twitter account so I can't look them up.

At least you tried.

Sorry. Contingent. The UFC doesn't usually schedule matches out that far. Not their style, plus too many variables.
No there was obviously no guarantee, but that was clearly where everything was headed. Jones finally packed on the weight to move up and all that nonsense.

Back