Media Jones demanding 50 million to fight Ngannou ?

1.5m buys at $60 is $90m and under the old cable provider system they'd take half that, you gotta assume ESPN is taking at least a 40% cut then you gotta pay the rest of the card and all the UFC staff, there's a lot goes into it.

I'm not saying the fighters shouldn't get more but they're not going to get boxing money because those guys promote it on their own names.

Frances Vs Jones outside of the UFC banner independently would be lucky to break 500k.

Lol ESPN is not taking a 40% cut. THe whole cable provider taking half math is like decades outdated. Streaming services pay for exclusive rights to content these days. They're trying to gain more Subs. 50% to cable provider was before the internet streaming era. Building a streaming platform is not hard at all these days.

I don't care if Ngnannou fights Jones or if he doesn't. Either fight or you don't. Jones is appearing to be a little bitch with all this. Called out Ngannou then disappeared. Before Ngannou won was vocal now it's show me the money and outbidding himself. After Jones' past few fights I kinda think he lost his prime and I'm not even sure he can hold the LHW belt for too long anymore. Too many close calls against guys who had been made easy work by others in the division.
I agree. So much build-up, and nothing to show for it. Jones was great for a long time, but between his underwhelming performances in the last few years AND the asterisk attached to his career due to doping, I think he and his coach overestimate how much money Dana is willing to pay - and how many fans are willing to tune in.

I didn't get a chance to look it up yet, but has Nate ever done numbers on a PPV besides Conor?
Masvidal PPV did well I think, but no released numbers on that to my knowledge.
Lol ESPN is not taking a 40% cut. THe whole cable provider taking half math is like decades outdated. Streaming services pay for exclusive rights to content these days. They're trying to gain more Subs. 50% to cable provider was before the internet streaming era. Building a streaming platform is not hard at all these days.
Not to mention before the UFC shifted to ESPN for PPVs, they were pretty much the only game in town, so PPV providers had to fork over a huge cut to the UFC, more than boxing.
I agree. So much build-up, and nothing to show for it. Jones was great for a long time, but between his underwhelming performances in the last few years AND the asterisk attached to his career due to doping, I think he and his coach overestimate how much money Dana is willing to pay - and how many fans are willing to tune in.
If there is nothing to show for it, that's on the promoter (the UFC) for not, ya know, promoting a massive event. The event does a million buys easily if the UFC is remotely competent. Also fans don't care about doping from a PPV buy perspective. And I don't think anyone is overestimating how much Dana is going to pay, they are just trying to get a bigger slice.

I think he knows LHW caught but now he's looking for a huge payday against Ngannou before he retires. Win or lose I see Jones retiring if he fight Ngnannou

I guess he’s implementing: “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” Aims for 50 million, knows that the real number will be far less

I think it's more like he is implementing: "Give me an excuse to dodge HW again."

Seems about eight. Costa was calling for 15 million for the adasanya fight.

Nobody is going to fault Jones for wanting more money. But nobody can deny how suspect it is that after teasing going up for years and then officially announcing it...he sees Ngannou win and then starts a whole financial issue and even asks to get cut.
You really think Jones was surprised Francis won ? .....Jones called Francis out a long time ago , he also mentioned getting a pay increase while Stipe was champ ....so your post is shit

iCLFqLx.png

That was what led to the ESPN deal, the UFC said we're the only regular PPV content in town and we want a bigger slice of the pie but the PPV companies wouldn't budge on their %.

Jones called Francis out a long time ago
Lol no, Jones made fun of Francis' windmilling technique vs. Rozenstruick and Francis then called HIM out. That's when Jones started backpedaling like a defensive back and ultimately ended up throwing his belt on the ground and walking away when Dana threw him under the bus.

No one knows exactly how much money Jon Jones is demanding to fight Francis Ngannou, but his coach is throwing out a nice juicy suggestion of $50 million.

Hed do 20 to 30 mill

thats disgusting no one is worth that kind of greedy money lost respect for jones

You must be dumer than a box of rocks then... Cause if there is anyone you should have lost your respect for it is the greedy UFC and Dana but I guess you like seeing the fighters keep getting screwed huh? dum dum

Lol no, Jones made fun of Francis' windmilling technique vs. Rozenstruick and Francis then called HIM out. That's when Jones started backpedaling like a defensive back and ultimately ended up throwing his belt on the ground and walking away when Dana threw him under the bus.
346E9A47-A9AD-401A-83AD-C41489331D7F.jpeg
well at least you tried .....Jones has been Dropping Francis name for a while

1.5m buys at $60 is $90m and under the old cable provider system they'd take half that, you gotta assume ESPN is taking at least a 40% cut then you gotta pay the rest of the card and all the UFC staff, there's a lot goes into it.

I'm not saying the fighters shouldn't get more but they're not going to get boxing money because those guys promote it on their own names.

Frances Vs Jones outside of the UFC banner independently would be lucky to break 500k.

ESPn doesnt have the same deal. Its not fact but word is the deal is something like ESPN pays a fee for PPV like 200 mill a year nad then ESPn keeps money for first 300-350k buys and then they split everything after that 60/40 UFC.

So think its 200 mill for the PPV rights, 12 PPV so right off the top they are getting like 16.5 mill for each PPv they put on. Some PPV wont even do 300k so they wont make any extra on those.

It's blatantly obvious he's pricing himself out cause he wants none of Ngannou.
Talk like that makes Dana White very proud. He keeps fucking over fighters left and right. Wake up.

Dana once cut a fighter for refusing to sign away his likeness for free. Yeah look it up.

ESPn doesnt have the same deal. Its not fact but word is the deal is something like ESPN pays a fee for PPV like 200 mill a year nad then ESPn keeps money for first 300-350k buys and then they split everything after that 60/40 UFC.

So think its 200 mill for the PPV rights, 12 PPV so right off the top they are getting like 16.5 mill for each PPv they put on. Some PPV wont even do 300k so they wont make any extra on those.
Plus ESPN prelims, which is another 5 to 10 million.
It's blatantly obvious he's pricing himself out cause he wants none of Ngannou.
Say what you want about Jon, but his mental toughness has never been in question. He fought with an open fracture and handled business.

Back