Media Jones demanding 50 million to fight Ngannou ?

I guess he’s implementing: “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” Aims for 50 million, knows that the real number will be far less
That's what I think also but 50 millions is Dr. Evil level of delusion.

If his show money is 10 millions and he gets ppv pts, he's ducking by not accepting.

Jon is asking for more guarantee pay which the UFC can't make good on. If he was just asking for more ppv points per sales I'm sure the ufc would happily agree as the burden would be on him to sell

Last edited:
I knew the second Stipe collapsed the Jones fight wasn't going to happen.

Jon is asking for more guarantee pay which the UFC can't make good on. If he was asking for more ppv points per sales I'm sure the ufc would happily agree as the burden would be on him to sell
That’s been my opinion too.

Is that your opinion / how you read between the lines? Or do you have some concrete evidence for it, that will help me bolster my position?

And ya, the PPV points model has worked very well for Dana. Give a guy $4 for every buy above 500k and $10 for every buy above 1m and the UFC rake is huge no matter what. There’s no way he goes away from that, no way he breaks precedent for Jon.

Shitebag. Lost against Reyes, a decent LHW. Why would he fight Francis.
All evidence in the MMA world - including and especially the THOUSANDS of threads in this forum on the topic - suggest that it’s the most interesting HW fight right now.

Pay em. He’s a shithead and a cheat but he’s the LHW GOAT, he’s controlled the division for a decade and fought everyone they wanted him to fight. Shertards are funny, they piss and moan about how unfair the pay structure is, then when someone comes along and demands that someone other than Dana and Conor make money they start calling him a duck and crying about this and that.
Pay em or call off the fight. Y’all can watch Conor’s Instagram videos that night instead.

And ya, the PPV points model has worked very well for Dana. Give a guy $4 for every buy above 500k and $10 for every buy above 1m and the UFC rake is huge no matter what. There’s no way he goes away from that, no way he breaks precedent for Jon.

This seems like a really bad deal for them too . Jon jones is one foot out the door, he's demanding more money and he could potentially win the belt. What if he wins the belt and then sits out in protest for even more cash.

The dude ain't" no conor mcgregor here where the potential future revenue is worth the risk.

I think 20-30m is what's right for Jon to earn in a HW title fight vs NGannou. I think 15m is probably what he will get.

Boxers don’t even get that much. What the fuck is Jon smoking

Fury v Wilder 2 was one of the biggest boxing events in recent memory, they both only got guaranteed $25 million, and a percentage of PPV revenue.

Jon is NOT Tyson Fury famous.

As always happens, Jones is starting high and the UFC is starting, well with what his contract states.

And they will meet somewhere in the middle.

Or he won't fight again. His choice.

Lmfao. If Jones gets that amount of money, it means scumbag dana would have to cut his yearly bonus by a few percentage points.

The fact that the UFC can't (or won't) pay the undefeated GOAT of their sport 50 million to go up in weight and fight the champ is embarrassing for the sport.

Tyson Fury and AJ are both getting 100 million each for their fight, and neither of them is even close to the GOAT of their division and neither of them is undefeated or stepping up in weight.

Boxing > MMA.... even in 2021

tumblr_pxe9p2VHCp1qb0i4vo1_250.gifv

I still think it’s not realistic to expect this fight to sell 1.5M ppv. There’s absolutely no reason to even think that. It would take Jones’ top 2 selling ppv headliners added together to reach that kind of number. That’s a provable fact. He is not that kind of draw. So anything more than an upfront payment of $5M maximum plus ppv points is just ridiculous.

All this talk of biggest selling fight ever by his fans is delusional. And they know it. Him, his team, and his fans are just trying to give him an easy out. If the guy had any faith this fight could do those numbers he’d jump at a Conor/Khabib type deal. Which is what I just outlined. $5M plus points.

If this fight doesn’t happen it won’t because the UFC didn’t want to pay fair market value compared to it’s biggest stars. It’ll be because Jones didn’t want the fight.

He wants ten times the amount they pay Conor, while bringing in half the PPV's?

Ain't ever happening

Yeah not happening bro... this aint boxing, 10-15 is the most you gon get.

Back