Jones/DC was closer than everyone is making it sound

Um it's very clear how it was judged 49-46 and that's exactly how I judged it regardless of how much I wanted DC to win.

DC won round 2.
Round 3 was a very close one and the only one I found it tough to score.
In no way was it 'clear' that DC won round 3.

This.

DC, it seems, by the way he closed out 1 could have been in position to get it had he started it better. Three was close, the only close one really, but DC didn't do enough there either.

It's a fight he could have stolen with more work, but he didn't. Jones beat him during the time DC had his chance and drove it home in 4 rendering 5 meaningless.

Although the judges scored it 49-46 for some reason, I think it was pretty clear DC won rounds 2 and 3. It was a 48-47 fight. DC was one round away from winning, and the first round was a very competitive round.

Props to Jones for beating a worthy opponent, but there's no doubt these two will fight again, and I wouldn't count DC out.

Picture1_zps59b2d099.jpg

Cormier did not win round three. He lost 95% of rounds three thru five. Jones clearly took the last three rounds.

You Jerk. I felt almost the same as I watched. Neither fighter was able to put much together. Then I got to thinking there was much more to thar fight than was readily visible. That fight took place a clinch and grind fest. Not the most entertaining as a visual spectacle but grueling nonetheless.

its simple, the judges were correct, most people are correct, you're incorrect. it happens.

cormier himself said that jones took the momentum, meaning the rounds after the second. and he said he didnt get going till the very end of the first, which means he knows he lost the first round. so, ya, you're simply wrong on this one

I also felt like the 49-46 unanimous verdict did not match what I saw. I'm incorrect, it happens, I'm simply wrong on that one? So be it, but you do realise your comment sounds very dumb, right? You're like fixated on telling him he's wrong, and the thing you mention is not incompatible at all with what he said.

I don't mean to be impolite or anything, but I just plain disliked the tone of your message, it was condescending. You are basically telling the guy to shut up. This is a discussion board, discuss or go do something else.

Sorry but you can't win a title eekin out points that was a terrible fight Dana is sick about that over hyped flop they won't fight again anytime soon

This. DC is definitely a legitimate fighter but he didn't come close to winning the fight.

He started losing his momentum after the eye poke, (and with his history, Jones should be penalised for this, it is clear it is on purpose, please don't doubt about that) it is just the truth, and regained it slightly in the 5th round, which I thought could have gone either way (or at least, based on what I saw, I would not have been shocked if they gave it to Cormier, I felt like they each had the advantage for roughly one half of the round).

The last 2 rounds were a real bummer after how good the first 3 were.

Although the judges scored it 49-46 for some reason, I think it was pretty clear DC won rounds 2 and 3. It was a 48-47 fight. DC was one round away from winning, and the first round was a very competitive round.

Props to Jones for beating a worthy opponent, but there's no doubt these two will fight again, and I wouldn't count DC out.

Picture1_zps59b2d099.jpg

Who cares?

I don't know about that. I think most expected DC to win a round or two.

Jones pretty clearly won rounds 1, 4, 5 and it pretty hard to make an argument that DC won any of those rounds.

DC clearly won round 2. Hard to argue against that.

So it leaves round 3. Personally I thought it could go either way so how can you really complain?

DC was a gamer. But at the same time he clearly lost 3 rounds any way you cut it.

P.S.: I was actually very surprised by how Jones fought this fight. I would've thought he'd use his reach advantage and keep DC on the outside. Instead he really let DC set the pace and the style of the fight. He played right into DC's game plan and strength. To me that just makes Jones win even more impressive. If you told DC that is how Jones was going to fight DC would be drooling about taking advantage of that. He would've been clearing a spot for the belt at his house.

I also thought it was closer, when it went into the last round I thought it was 2:2, but I could be wrong, I really wanted Jones to loose, have to give him respect for that performance.

But I wouldn't mind a rematch, after a couple of fights of course. Still think DC has a decent shot at winning. He lost this one but still not that one sided that a rematch would be hard to sell.

I also felt like the 49-46 unanimous verdict did not match what I saw. I'm incorrect, it happens, I'm simply wrong on that one? So be it, but you do realise your comment sounds very dumb, right? You're like fixated on telling him he's wrong, and the thing you mention is not incompatible at all with what he said.

I don't mean to be impolite or anything, but I just plain disliked the tone of your message, it was condescending. You are basically telling the guy to shut up. This is a discussion board, discuss or go do something else.

yes, it was condescending, as is making a thread admonishing everyone else for not believing the fight as close as the thread started himself did. all while providing no evidence other that his own opinion. i consider my response appropriate.

After the third round Cormier for sure still had a chance. Jones took his sould and cardio in the fourth.

its simple, the judges were correct, most people are correct, you're incorrect. it happens.

cormier himself said that jones took the momentum, meaning the rounds after the second. and he said he didnt get going till the very end of the first, which means he knows he lost the first round. so, ya, you're simply wrong on this one

Cormier easily won 2 and 3. Those rounds weren't close. Jones had 4. 1 and 5 were close both could have been 10 10. Call it 49 48. Cormier.

Agreed.

1 was very close, a draw, if not Cormier's.

3 was very close, a draw, if not Jones'.

I wish it was closer than it was. Jones clearly won the fight, arguably by 4 rounds to 1. And yeah, last two rounds were a bit of a letdown after the first three.

I somewhat agree with this. I wouldn't sY rd three was clearly DC's but I can see an argument for it. Moreover Jones won rounds 4-5 by essentially stalling.

Yah I agree, Jones won the fight by essentially nullifying Olympic calibre wrestling,then he essentially beat 4 rnds to 1 by essentially any partial unbiased persons mms scoring criteria. Essentially Jones haters are delusional. I don't fall in love with a fighters personality.could give 2shats what kind of person.here to watch fighting, if I wanted to meet nice people I would go volunteer.even Cormier doesn't think he won at most 2 rnds.get over it

The broken man sitting to Dana White's left at the post-fight presser disagrees.

Cormier easily won 2 and 3. Those rounds weren't close. Jones had 4. 1 and 5 were close both could have been 10 10. Call it 49 48. Cormier.

again, have evidence, even anecdotal, have something. i've got the judges, and cormier himself.
debate is more than "this is how it is cause i said so"

Back