Jones/Cormier will show how he fares at HW

MachidaNo1Fan

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Cormier could've been the HW champ if Cain wasn't in the picture.. he beats everyone else in the division, Junior included. this fight should show how Jones would do at HW.

I disagree with you.

People will argue that Cormier has a different style and different qualities than most HWs, but I actually think that Cormier is a more difficult style than the majority of the HW division for Jon Jones. JDS (who is still a very big threat because of his punching ability and TDD), Werdum, Browne, Barnett and Miocic all play into Jones' strengths more than Cormier in my view. Velasquez and maybe Overeem (Overeem is a huge wildcard in the division and is really tough to gauge) are the two fighters that pose greater challenges than Cormier (Velasquez has much the same pressure style but a more proven gas tank and Overeem is very physically strong and dominant in the clinch which makes him very dangerous early). I think Jones would be very successful at HW, but I would clearly favour Cain over him.

It is flawed logic. DC has not faced beaten any current top 5 HW. So it is pure speculation considering styles makes fights not mmath.

Most of the hw div can't make lhw and most the tops are pretty damn big.

Say Jones completely obliterates DC, I don't think that gives any reason to believe he'd do that to the others with completely different(bigger) frames such as jds . I personally believe jones can do very well at hw but I don't really see how beating dc will show much, unless you're talking about an average hw then I guess I agree with you then.

I think Miocic and Werdum would whoop his ass, let alone Cain, JDS (not sure after the butt whoopings from Cain), and a guy like Matt Mitrione.

Hell, I think Mark Hunt could really mess Jones up.

Travis Browne looks so bad after getting his butt whooped by Werdum.

It is flawed logic. DC has not faced beaten any current top 5 HW. So it is pure speculation considering styles makes fights not mmath.

He also hasn't faced a legitimate top 10 LHW.

And for TS to say DC could have been HW champ if Cain wasn't there...that means nothing. Cain IS there, and they won't fight, and we don't know how DC will fare against some of the other HW's.

I disagree just looking at their competition i say JDS and cain are both better than DC as it has proven in their fights against better competition. DC isnt as good as most believe and im a fan

Well he isn't fighting HW Cormier, he is fighting LHW Cormier so it isn't really the same thing.

I think Jones would do well at HW, but Cain would smash him.

Back