Jones -Cormier rewatching

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Some thoughts about Jones – DC fight. I don’t think it was domination , but clear win by any means. I think Jones won 1,4,5 rounds clearly, 3 was close, but Bones won by small margin. Round 2 goest to Cormier. Jones won wrestling, clinch and striking battle. Striking not by much. Better cardio seal the deal, but I think Jones would anyway won because h was slightly ahead going to 4 and his body work wore down DC. Its strange, but IMO Cormier had better gameplan, Jones want to prove the point about clinch and wrestling . In round 5 DC himself wanted to prove the wrestling point and it was his mistake. Overall, for me it was close fight, but not close like Jones-Gus. And Gus was better chances in rematch ( I give Jones 7 of 10 wins in 10 fights), Cormier and rematch… (I give him 2 from 10 fights).
What do you think:
1. If the outcome could be different on the ring instead the cage?
2. Who had more room for improving before rematch,Bones of DC?
3. If HW division outcome would be different?

Last edited:
I gave 3 rounds to Jones and 2 to DC

I cannot stand DC, but Jones didn't take 4 rounds

DC won rounds 1 and 2. Jones probably the rest. Def 4,5.

hmmmm...

I don't know man....

That was a pretty soul-crushing defeat... Not even sure if DC could beat him once (if given 10 shots)... Just simply looked out-classed and he probably would just fade again in the championship rounds.... Don't really want to see these two fight for at least a year & a half.

I think Gus beat Jones the first time... If they fight again, it will be a 50/50 imo (even though the odd won't necessarily favor Gus)... That reach aspect is what is key....He's the only one who can take him out... Short of rumble somehow getting a flash KO.

Rounds 1, 3 and 5 were very close. I think Jones slightly edged 1, and also edged 5; 3 was a very close, 10-10 round perhaps.

2 was Cormier, 4 was Jones. Competitive fight, but Jones Won without doubt.

Rounds 1, 3 and 5 were very close. I think Jones slightly edged 1, and also edged 5; 3 was a very close, 10-10 round perhaps.

2 was Cormier, 4 was Jones. Competitive fight, but Jones Won without doubt.

IMO round 2 was more close, than 1 and 5.

I had it 49-46 Jones. Only round I gave DC is round 2. 3 was close, but I thought Jones took it. And 1 was also close, but not as close as 3.

Round 3 was a toss up, judges gave it to the champ as they often do.

dc 2,3
that's it
then he collapsed (mentally)

I rewatched it for the 32nd time and the decision alway remains the same.

I had Jones 49-46, but 48-47 is not unreasonable when you have close rounds.

48-47 is a close but clear Jones victory. Don't forget: DC is stronges opponent what we have. Almost everybody said here DC will win because Jones has no weapon against DC's fiercy wrestling and takedowns. (He had). Just check back the polls, it was 60%-40% for DC.

DC is the man and all, but I just didn't see anything that would tell me a rematch would go differently. Gus is the only guy with a real chance, Rumble has a punchers chance and that's about it. I don't see him getting the sub and definitely not a decision over Jones.

How could DC have possibly won the first round?

Back