Jones: best chin the game?

How can you say that when he hasn't eaten any big shots to the chin?

Those uppercuts are from the clinch with a dude a foot taller than you.

Everything gus threw was slightly blocked or Jones already moved his head.

alex-gustafsson-counters-jab-with-left-hook-gif.gif

tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o2_250.gif

Rashad was the only one to land a clean shot

awesome_Rashad_Evans_Haymakers_Jon_Jones_UFC_145.gif

1) Jones is not even half a foot taller than DC.

2) you only picked gifs of Gus punches which barely grazed Jones. Plenty of them landed solid. Same for DC. Not to mention punches landed by Machida and Rashad.

Conclusion: your post is rated F.

1) Jones is not even half a foot taller than DC.

2) you only picked gifs of Gus punches which barely grazed Jones. Plenty of them landed solid. Same for DC. Not to mention punches landed by Machida and Rashad.

Conclusion: your post is rated F.

Jones in atleast 6-7 inches taller. Thats a big difference. Show me gifs of punches landing clearly on Jones. Any fight ill give you time. Can't say my post is bad then refuse to prove yours.

Jones has a pretty good chin. I think Dos Santos, Fabio Maldonado, Mark Hunt, and Johnny Hendricks have superior chins though.

I said it is a "part" of his success. Not the "reason for" his success. There is a difference.

Were his chin not so good, he may no longer be champion (Gustaffson or DC may have beaten him). Hence he would not have been as successful. So it is a "part" of the reason for his success. Its not like Jones is never hit.

I suppose i looked to far in. You're correct.

I was thinking about chins lately, there isn't many glass jaws, the exceptions are Overeem and Barboza lately, chins in MMA are actually pretty decent overall. Although Jones has a pretty good chin overall, and he doesn't get intimidated when getting punched. But we never seen him tagged clean, not like those uppercuts in the clinch he is used to take, I mean those bombs JDS used to land on ppl.

Last edited:
Jones in atleast 6-7 inches taller. Thats a big difference. Show me gifs of punches landing clearly on Jones. Any fight ill give you time. Can't say my post is bad then refuse to prove yours.

Incorrect again. Jones is not "at least 6 to 7 inches taller". Based on the UFC website he is 5 inches taller (less than half a foot). Based on their conversion to centimetres which I then converted back to inches, he is almost 6 inches taller.

I don't know how to post gifs. But there is plenty of evidence on this site. Not to mention I watched Jones v Gus and Jones v DC. He was hit clean plenty of times. Watch those fights. Ill give you time.

Jones may very well be 6 inches taller. Gustafsson is billed at 6'5, Jones at 6'4, however:

staredown-7913.JPG

We know Cormier is 5'11, assuming Dan Henderson is also 5'11 like he's billed:

daniel-cormier-vs-dan-henderson.png

But enough about that. You want pictures of flush punches landed on Jones:

dmgsb2n.jpg

Totally blocked/Jones head moving back.

gustafsson-lands-a-beatiful-left-hook-on-jon-jones-gif.gif

And those are just from the Gustafsson fight. I don't even like Jon Jones, but to say his chin has never been tested is ridiculous.

To everyone saying jones, gus needs mention too, survived bombs from shogun and hellbows from jones.
I think best chin should go to hunt or nelson though, those guys get hit by much bigger guys.

Very good chin but not the best.
I think probably Cigano has the best chin today.

Im glad somebody made this thread, cause this is the only thread i wanted to make after the fight last night.

Jones has the best chin in mma history. Period. Only other one on his level is JDS.

Jones has eaten bombs from the hardest punchers in mma history and not so much as wobbled a knee. Cormier who is a top 3 HW who has knocked out other top HW's couldn't even hurt Jones with vicious hard uppercuts and overhand bombs.

Cormier even knocked out a current undefeated boxing champion named http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Browne. Yet he his punches didn't phase Jones.

Jones is the greatest fighter who ever lived and officially has the greatest chin to go with it.

War Bones!!

Greatest chin at the moment has to be Condit. The guy eats bombs very often and just keeps going. The shots he took from Woodley and Ellenberger would have put anyone else to sleep.

Jones may very well be 6 inches taller. Gustafsson is billed at 6'5, Jones at 6'4, however:

staredown-7913.JPG

We know Cormier is 5'11, assuming Dan Henderson is also 5'11 like he's billed:

daniel-cormier-vs-dan-henderson.png

But enough about that. You want pictures of flush punches landed on Jones:

dmgsb2n.jpg

Totally blocked/Jones head moving back.

gustafsson-lands-a-beatiful-left-hook-on-jon-jones-gif.gif

And those are just from the Gustafsson fight. I don't even like Jon Jones, but to say his chin has never been tested is ridiculous.

Exactly. Whatever his name is went out of his way to find shots where Gus's punches just glanced Jones, to support some ridiculous point. Conclusion: fail or troll.

we all know black dudes have solid chins and I'm not being racist.

Back