Jones beat fighters past their prime.... Myth

In the last 15 years, only 2 people have finished Rampage and one of those was another GOAT who finished a fat Rampage. It was an extremely impressive win.
So you went from arguing over whether or not someone was in their prime to whether or not the win was impressive?

BreakableDeliciousCapybara-size_restricted.gif

Jose Aldo is 33 years old right now, the same age as the fighters you're referencing, but everyone would be in agreement that Aldo has long since past his prime.

0/10 thread

People whose favorite fighters are either Shogun, Rampage or Machida.
Or people who weren't around at the time.

Jones was doubted by many here (including me) when he fought some of these killers.
Those wins are as legit as they get.
lol the god ole’ days, truly believing Jones wasn’t ready when Rashad got hurt and got the call to face Rua.

Jones son'd DC - twice. GOAT in my eyes.

Bull shit let he’s ever fightters had great proformances in their primes and Rampage didn’t have knee problems until Jon kicked them both backwards. They were in their primes.

Rampage was having back problems before he fought Jones and stopped wrestling offensively because of it, he also threw a lot less knees and kicks. Read all of the post not just the parts you feel like reading.

He was on steroids so it don't matter. Plus, why are Jones cock suckers now saying he's the one past his prime when he is younger and on steroids??? Not to mention, he hasn't been in many wars nor has he had the balls to step up in weight class like the rest?

Machida had only lost 2 fights at that point. A split to Rampage and the title loss to Shogun. After he lost to Jones, he KOd Bader and beat Henderson. Dude was in his prime for sure.

Shogun was in his 20’s and coming off the back of winning the title.

Machida was in his prime, Shogun wasn't he blew out his knees multiple times by the time he fought Jones, he even blew out one of his knees in the Machida rematch which was his previous fight before fighting Jones. A kick heavy fighter with bad knees is not in his prime regardless of his age.

Machida was in his prime, Shogun wasn't he blew out his knees multiple times by the time he fought Jones, he even blew out one of his knees in the Machida rematch which was his previous fight before fighting Jones. A kick heavy fighter with bad knees is not in his prime regardless of his age.

You looked up the strapping on Jones’ toes yet, bro?

Gus was in his prime both fights

Rampage was in his prime

Shogun was rusty but not past his prime

Rashad was most def. in his prime

Machida was in his prime

Dc was in his prime

Glover was on a smoking hot win streak 20 fights straight in his prime then lost to Jon
Gus was in prime in first, in second definitely not.
DC was in prime in both
Glover IDK how he looked before ufc, many people say he got there to late, but idk, definitely was doing well back then
Rashad was likely in prime
Machida was in prime
Rampage I don't think so
Shogun idk

Gus was in prime in first, in second definitely not.
DC was in prime in both
Glover IDK how he looked before ufc, many people say he got there to late, but idk, definitely was doing well back then
Rashad was likely in prime
Machida was in prime
Rampage I don't think so
Shogun idk
People only say gus wasn’t in his prime because of the smith fight but he didn’t perform any differently from Joan her fights for the Jones fight the foot work was still there and he still had decent take down defense the only difference was once Jon respected his striking and managed to get him on the ground gus couldn’t get back up like everyone else.

Why do people say this? Jones beat these guys when he was still fairly new to the sport and they were in their early 30's

Rampage was 33
ufc-416x234.jpg

Machida was 33
1500248405_hqdefault.jpg

Shogun was 29
Screen-shot-2014-04-10-at-4.30.28-AM.png

Rashad was 32, Bader was in his 20's, Glover 34, TRT Vitor 34 and the list goes on.

Seems to me like people just can't accept that their favourites got beaten and they'd rather call them past their prime than admit that he was just a phenom. He's definitely slowed down recently and lost his killer instinct, but stop making shit up about the past.
What is the combined record of shogun, rampage, rashad, machida, Vitor, and Chael since he beat them....

And all of those guys^^^ are MWs besides Hampage

No send an image that isn't blocked in America if you care so much. I didn't see any tape so it must not have been much if it was there.

This is why there’s no point debating with someone like you. You called me a liar, I showed you evidence (which you say you can’t see) and you won’t even take it back. Just watch the fight and you can see it clear as day.

Re the amount of tape, it’s a big toe, what do you want him to have, a full body cast?

What is the combined record of shogun, rampage, rashad, machida, Vitor, and Chael since he beat them....

And all of those guys^^^ are MWs besides Hampage
I didn’t mention Chael. Vitor went and Ko’d 2 future champs and Hendo after that loss. Why does what he did long after the loss matter?

Machida went 4-1 immediately after too.

Lol at Shogun being a mw like you said too. When did he fight there?

This is why there’s no point debating with someone like you. You called me a liar, I showed you evidence (which you say you can’t see) and you won’t even take it back. Just watch the fight and you can see it clear as day.

Re the amount of tape, it’s a big toe, what do you want him to have, a full body cast?

The video you linked is blocked in America. If I was wrong, i'm sorry I called you a liar but I watched the fight live and I didn't see any tape on his foot.

I don't think his toe has impacted him much, I find it far more likely that his ups and downs in terms of performances have to do with how much PEDs he is on given that he looked great against DC when he popped and also looked great against Gus when they moved an event to a different state that would allow him to fight while failing drug tests.

Jones son'd DC - twice. GOAT in my eyes.

Look here TS. This is actually a good argument in Jones' favor.
DC was in his prime and Jones greatest rival. Beating him twice was very impressive.

Machida had only lost 2 fights at that point. A split to Rampage and the title loss to Shogun. After he lost to Jones, he KOd Bader and beat Henderson. Dude was in his prime for sure.

Shogun was in his 20’s and coming off the back of winning the title.

Suggesting shogun was anywhere near his prime is beyond laughable. Roughly 5-6 years removed from it. The fact that he was champion at the time is further testament to how shitty the division was at the time. Not even in the same universe as 05 shogun

some were def past their primes... age =/= fight age. Watch any of their older fights and then watch them right before jones.. they're definitely a bit past their prime. Doesn't make it not-impressive, but some nuance should be added. Not to mention they sort of represent the old guard and not the up and coming class that is constantly growing skill wise.
But someone like Machida or Bader?... sure we can say they were in their prime. Jones is def the LHW goat, but he did fight a lot of "old" legends as the LHW division was being remodeled.

Jones is only 32 y/o and looks past his prime, not every fighter ages like DC or Henderson.

Rampage and shogun were many wars and injuries deep into their career by the time they faced Jones.

Back