Jones and Malki Kawa?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Pete the beat, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Pete the beat

Pete the beat White Belt

I was reading Deadspin's articles about Jon Jones, fantastic stuff, but after reading them I have a couple of questions.

"Jon left his family and his girlfriend, Jessie Moses, in upstate New York, to head off not to one of the big traditional wrestling powers, but to Iowa Central Community College. In his first year, Jones won a national championship in the 197-pound division and led his school to a team title. He also met a girl, who became pregnant with his first daughter."

This is from the first article, here: http://deadspin.com/how-jon-jones-became-the-baddest-motherfucker-on-earth-1676262642

Does Jon have four daughters? Three with his current wife and one he had when he was in Iowa? Was that what Chael Sonnen was referring to in this tweet?
    [​IMG]

The second question is about Malki Kawa.

""I think he has a problem," someone close to Jones told me last week, adding that it was unlikely Jones would get real help. "He doesn't have the right people around him." (Jones's manager, Malki Kawa, persistently comes up as the worst of his influences, which probably isn't a surprise to anyone who's ever had to deal with him.)"

From here: http://deadspin.com/jon-jones-overachiever-beats-alleged-cocaine-addictio-1679194804

I haven't heard a lot of stories about Kawa as a manager. Is he a bad influence? Are there a lot of bad stories about him?

2. Cyantist

Cyantist Red Belt

Malki Kawa is a bad influence according to the people he's damn near extorted with the way he negotiates. (That's a good thing)

3. Dirty Dik

Dirty Dik Green Belt

Don't know Malki personally but I've been around this sport for a long time and I've not heard many positive things about him.

4. HelloJapan

HelloJapan Talking loud and saying nothing. Platinum Member

5. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

this kawa guy rubbed me the wrong way in those dc jj video

well so they deserve each other

6. m22able7

m22able7 Purple Belt

Malki Kawa fired live on TV
    3:07 - 3:55
    [YT]0bfmVlPhvTo[/YT]

7. peppo

peppo Member of the YES!!! Revolution

Yes, this has been beaten to death. You can search for it if you want to, there are at least a couple of videos where Jones mentions his first daughter. The mother is still one of his closest friends.

As for Malki, he seems brash, that's for sure. He also seems to get his clients the best deals. Can't speak on anything else.

8. eon001

eon001 Red Belt

Wouldn't be surprised if Malki hooked him up with the coke. JJ mom talked about these outside influence's and bad friends. I'm racking my brain thinking who could it be? People from his camp? Down and out fighters like a Leonard Garcia. Would they have the pull to influence him or would it come form someone he respects more like Malki? The plot thickens.

9. nbkallday

nbkallday White Belt

How long has malki been jones' manager? if kawa's been with him even since he won the belt, jones would've been 23 then, that's a time when kawa could have a pretty big influence on jon

10. BrazilianDude

BrazilianDude Gold Belt

I think Chael was refering to a bag of some white powder...