Jones and Malki Kawa?

Pete the beat

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I was reading Deadspin's articles about Jon Jones, fantastic stuff, but after reading them I have a couple of questions.

"Jon left his family and his girlfriend, Jessie Moses, in upstate New York, to head off not to one of the big traditional wrestling powers, but to Iowa Central Community College. In his first year, Jones won a national championship in the 197-pound division and led his school to a team title. He also met a girl, who became pregnant with his first daughter."

This is from the first article, here: http://deadspin.com/how-jon-jones-became-the-baddest-motherfucker-on-earth-1676262642

Does Jon have four daughters? Three with his current wife and one he had when he was in Iowa? Was that what Chael Sonnen was referring to in this tweet?
sonnen.png

The second question is about Malki Kawa.

""I think he has a problem," someone close to Jones told me last week, adding that it was unlikely Jones would get real help. "He doesn't have the right people around him." (Jones's manager, Malki Kawa, persistently comes up as the worst of his influences, which probably isn't a surprise to anyone who's ever had to deal with him.)"

From here: http://deadspin.com/jon-jones-overachiever-beats-alleged-cocaine-addictio-1679194804

I haven't heard a lot of stories about Kawa as a manager. Is he a bad influence? Are there a lot of bad stories about him?

Malki Kawa is a bad influence according to the people he's damn near extorted with the way he negotiates. (That's a good thing)

Don't know Malki personally but I've been around this sport for a long time and I've not heard many positive things about him.

this kawa guy rubbed me the wrong way in those dc jj video

well so they deserve each other

Malki Kawa fired live on TV
3:07 - 3:55
[YT]0bfmVlPhvTo[/YT]

Yes, this has been beaten to death. You can search for it if you want to, there are at least a couple of videos where Jones mentions his first daughter. The mother is still one of his closest friends.

As for Malki, he seems brash, that's for sure. He also seems to get his clients the best deals. Can't speak on anything else.

Wouldn't be surprised if Malki hooked him up with the coke. JJ mom talked about these outside influence's and bad friends. I'm racking my brain thinking who could it be? People from his camp? Down and out fighters like a Leonard Garcia. Would they have the pull to influence him or would it come form someone he respects more like Malki? The plot thickens.

How long has malki been jones' manager? if kawa's been with him even since he won the belt, jones would've been 23 then, that's a time when kawa could have a pretty big influence on jon

Back