Jones a 6-to-1 favorite over Glover

And people continue to doubt Glover. Dump your money on Jones so I can win more please.

If you put 60 on Jones at those odds (and if he wins), you would win 10.

Damn, thats lame. How much if Glover wins?

Damn, thats lame. How much if Glover wins?

At those odds, 60 x 5.6 = 336

I think the most safe bet for this fight is that it doesn't go the distance, regardless of who wins.

And people continue to doubt Glover. Dump your money on Jones so I can win more please.

If you put 60 on Jones at those odds (and if he wins), you would win 10.

I don't doubt Glover. Infact, I have bet real money on him in EVERY ufc fight he has had. You won't find a bigger Glover supporter than me.

You would be a fool to think he beats Jones though. This is one of the easiest fights in years to predict. It is not about skill here, it is purely a stylistic nightmare for Glover.

By all means beat on him and lose your money. Post it up so I can bump it after the fight. This is as close to a "sure thing" as you get in MMA.

You have to separate your personal bias and fandom from objective analyze and fights if you want to be successful at betting.

1376555_242842225863581_1315082263_n.jpg

Feels a bit wierd to say this, but Jones is playable on that even. I don't see Glover winning anywere. Fuck, I even think Jones got a better chance on knocking glover out on the feet than the other way around.

Yea just like that Gustaffson guy...
Well, if you draw any other conclusions from the last Jones fight than that Gus would absolutely destroy Glover you are retarded. It was Gus that impressed more than Jones being bad.

I would rather play Tate or Nelson than Glover for example.

Last edited:
Yeah, that seems about right.

I'll be rooting for Glover, but one fight with Gus doesn't erase all that previous dominance.

reminds me an awful lot of how people, including me thought the fight with Gus would go.
I am more cautious now

I have always said I would pick Glover over Jones and I still will. Glover will be the first to finish Jones.

Well, I was wrong in the Gus fight, but I honestly don't see how Glover can win after almost getting knocked out by Bader and tagged by Maldonado. I hope that Glover doesn't respect Jones' boxing and fingers and just pushes the pace and looks for the KO, because that's the only way he can win.

Jones is going to silence those critics once and for all.

LOL, no he's not. He's going to smash Glover, and everyone is still going to say Gus beat him and bang the rematch drum repeatedly.

I'm just going to make one distinction in this fight while bringing up how close the Gus fight was. There was a shit ton of money to potentially be made, if people knew how competitive Gus was going to make it, and if he won. Controversial or not, that decision could have gone to Gus, and no one would have batted more of an eyelash than already was. But here's the kicker.

Gus is more likely to take it to decision in making it competitive, than Glover is.

Glover is the type of guy to absorb punishment, but also finish a fucking fight.

Let Jones/Teixeira be competitve for even a moment, even if it means Glover touching Jones' chin a single time in the pocket or through a perfectly-timed counter (ala Bader), and the chance that the fight ends right there on the spot through T/KO is way higher.

Dropping money on Glover, at the those odds, thusly makes that much more sense if you're hoping for an upset. No one gave Gustafsson a chance, and he got that close. Same thing going on here, but with an animal that can actual KTFO you given that chance..

I don't see how Glover can win, but I hope I'm wrong. Jones has a good chin, even if he doesn't react very well to getting hit. Glover hasn't shown that he has all THAT much power, he was hitting Rampage over and over on the chin and never put him out, his real power is inconclusive due to his low strength of schedule. Jones has more reach, speed, better wrestling and a better chin.

I want Jones to lose, he needs to humbled. But I suspect he's much like Travis Brown or an Ichabod Crane, he might show false humility when he loses or gets punched a lot but as soon as he gets another dominant win his head will be up his own ass as deep as ever.

Never count out Glover Teixeira. Especially when it was so close for Jones last time.

When it comes down to it, Glover is the most well rounded opponent Jones has ever faced. Yeah, Gustaffson was able to stuff Jones' takedowns and keep it standing, but he's never faced anybody with a ground game quite like Glover. Much like Jones, he can go wherever the fight needs to go. Not to mention he has some serious knockout power.

In the end, I would still put money on Jones, but Glover may prove to be the toughest test of JBJ's career, even more than Gus, but simply because just how versatile he is. And if he beats Glover (and Gus again in the inevitable rematch), DC will most likely crush him.

Back