Jones 5 fouls in his first UFC fight

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Repusman, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Repusman Blue Belt

Jones was a cheater right from his first UFC fight. Its awesome that he has a loss on his record because of his cheating though.
    1 Eyepoke around 2:15 of first round
    3 groin strikes all pretty much right up the middle
    1 fence grab.

I think that if they made Eye pokes and Fence grabs illegal then they simply would not happen. Currently they are not really illegal. There should be an instant point deduction for an eye poke and fence grab. Fighters simply would not do them in that case. Groin strikes are harder avoid but still should be more strictly enforced.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  2. Eiffel-sixtyFight Green Belt

they were beaten by the best

3. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

2 of 3 of Jon's first UFC opponents have popped for PEDs.

Jake O'Brien and Bonnar.

At this level of you ain't trying to game the system you're not trying hard enough.

DarthChen731 and I Lie To Girls like this.
  4. Repusman Blue Belt

I think that if they made Eye pokes and Fence grabs illegal then they simply would not happen. Currently they are not really illegal. There should be an instant point deduction for an eye poke and fence grab. Fighters simply would not do them in that case. Groin strikes are harder avoid but still should be more strictly enforced.

true_fan likes this.
  5. true_fan Silver Belt

His fans have no ethics so why bother? Next time make a thread with title for true fans with ethics and morals only!

dildos and Kha'bless like this.
  6. TimeToTrain Brown Belt

I don’t understand how his fans see him as the GOAT, let alone a clean fighter.

true_fan likes this.
  7. I Lie To Girls Blue Belt

He's natty. Just tainted dick pills.

8. IloveTHIS Humble Narcissist

Not saying this is right or wrong, but some people have a very uncomplicated view of unarmed combat.

At the end of the day, two guys walk into a cage and try to take eachother out. You can say steroids, cheating, weight cutting, blah blah blah. At the end of the day, it's a 1v1 man vs man fistfight and Jon is the best at winning them.

When two guys get into a bar fight and one knocks the other out cold with a perfect hook counter, does the rest of the bar go crazy with excitement, or do they say "now hold on guys, we gotta drug test that guy for PEDs before we declare him the official winner"?

In conclusion: Fedor is the one true GOAT. but I get why someone might feel Jon Jones is.

Al Stone likes this.
  9. Paolo Delutis Red Belt

He should atleast had a few more DQ losses...

Glover fight comes to mind...

true_fan likes this.
  10. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

Jones farts an people would try and get it banned.. 12-6 nonsense, all the shit about oblique kicks.. He has and will always have his haters.. but not many will come close to achieving what he has in the Octagon.

pick999 likes this.
  11. Rkue Purple Belt

he's a great fighter....his eye pokes and outside ring scandals ruined GOAT status......even if he goes 40-1 he still wont be GOAT....

12. greenseeker Green Belt

Fix the gloves first and the accidental eye pokes pretty much go away. Intentional or flagrant eye pokes, sure, take a point.

Most cage grabs are inconsequential because the ref takes care of it before it amounts to anything. If a fighter uses a cage grab to stop a takedown, stop the fight, put that fighter on the floor with the other in top position, and then restart the fight there.

13. koquerelle Silver Belt

What an original thread.

And still...

RedDevilFan and Jose Beehive like this.
  14. dipstickjimmy Red Belt

Why did you list all things he does that aren't illegal? 12-6 is banned and he got DQ'd for it Farts and Oblique Kicks??? but glossing past rampant eye poking and PEDs. There are haters and then there is legitimate critics.

15. orca P4P #1 Machida fan

21 Yr old Jones is the only cheater his haters claim he beat those innocent monsters like machida rashad sonnen rampage rua and a lot more

Bend NvR Break likes this.
  16. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

Dunno I was just being selective to prove my point, like TS.. I don't need to write all of his crimes on humanity for the 9billionth time, we are all aware surely...

Jarilo likes this.
  17. Garnet_StrongerThanYou Purple Belt

I don’t think anyone sees him as clean. We either just don’t care or think that everyone in the sport is equally dirty.

GSP never failed a drug test but I believe he used PEDs up until he was champion and stopped there. His body changed.

18. edbn30 White Belt

that's why he will never be a legend or goat

19. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

Out of Jon's 20 UFC opponents 5 of them have popped. That's 25%. So you have to know that if only 25% got caught there's a ton more using and not getting caught.

Brandon Vera never got caught but he is a vocal advocate for PED usage in MMA.

I love DC too but he's an some interesting testosterone levels too.

They hate on Jon because he's the best.

Take TJ. TJ isn't even done with his suspension and people have forgotten about his EPO.
    Take Salty Sean O'Malley. He's failed, maybe multiple times actually but I know for sure once, no one talks about it with him.
    Take Werdum. Anytime calling Werdum a cheat constantly trying to throw shade on his accomplishments? Nah.
    King steroid user Josh Barnett is universally loved and he's been failing tests for basicaly 20 years.

RedDevilFan and Jose Beehive like this.
  20. Eric Silva 2.0 Blue Belt

I consider him one of the GOAT's. I don't consider him a clean fighter. Who do you think is a clean fighter?